E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > 6 exhausts and nice rims



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
6 exhausts and nice rims

6 exhausts, and some nice rims...








....In my opinion anyway!!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS

Last edited by dxb335d; 08-01-2012 at 03:10 PM.
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,449
iTrader: (0)

Is the Clio yours?

A few mates have had them over the years and they are pretty good fun wee things.
Kerr is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
No mate, it's my Cousins. Lovely car. Nigh-on mint. Looks great in silver. Goes really well too!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
briers
Ben
 
briers's Avatar
 
Drives: XFR
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midlands,UK

Posts: 1,961
iTrader: (0)

Timeless really, still looks the nuts! Great colour combo and the clio a bit of an animal too. Is it the 174bhp?
briers is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
Timeless really, still looks the nuts! Great colour combo and the clio a bit of an animal too. Is it the 174bhp?
Thanks mate. Yeah I really love the colour combo!

It's the 182 version. (the earlier one without twin pipes was the 172)
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
davyk31
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Audi SQ5 & Golf GTD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

Posts: 4,256
iTrader: (0)

Looks like the M3 needs a set of rear tyres soon ...........
davyk31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #7
Cyprio
Captain
 
Cyprio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colchester. UK

Posts: 919
iTrader: (2)

The M3 looks mint, also the best suited alloys for it too!

How do you rate the performance against a 335d seeing as you owned one prior to the m3?
Cyprio is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I bet the Clio pisses all over the M!
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,162
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
I bet the Clio pisses all over the M!
I bet it's also built better.
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
dobbo99
Captain
 
Drives: e46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
I bet it's also built better.
I bet its cheaper to insure!!
dobbo99 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
davyk31
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Audi SQ5 & Golf GTD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

Posts: 4,256
iTrader: (0)

Bet the Clio is driven by Nicole .....
davyk31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprio View Post
The M3 looks mint, also the best suited alloys for it too!

How do you rate the performance against a 335d seeing as you owned one prior to the m3?
Thanks Cyprio,

The performance is very, very similar to a mapped 335d. But the way it delivers it couldn't be different. Worlds apart in my opinion.

The 335d with a remap is a very quick road car. Effortlessly fast, foot down and the surge of torque will take you to the moon in back quicker than a rocket Lol.

The M3 in comparison is gutless, no torque but is all top end power. At 50mph in 6th you need to drop not 1 gear, not 2 gears but 4 gears for absolute acceleration. Pulls hard to 8k but you need to be in the 5-8k power band for it to be quick. It actually does not feel as fast as the diesel. But in fact I think it may be ever so slightly quicker than the mapped D. Time will tel. Let me get to the drag strip again. I only got one run in the M3 (last time I went) compared to the 150+ I did in the 335.

Handling wise. The M3 feels far superior. I thought the 335d handled well. (I does) but the M3's LSD is epic. The steering far more communicative. The body rolls less and it feels a little sharper.

The sound is fantastic. The rasp royally addictive !! It's a quiet car around town but over half throttle and 3k it's RAAAASSSPPPPPYYY.

Sounds like nothing else on the road.

Rate both cars highly. The M3 needs far more work to be quick. It is fun though. Especially being a manual.The 335d wins for "feeling" like a super car when it comes to acceleration. Even though it in reality is no quicker.

I raced many many E46 M3's when I had my 335d and beat all hands down.

I think it would take a good driver in the M3 to keep up with an average driver in the 335d.

The M3 "needs" to be wrung hard to be fast. Not many people are prepared to thrash a car like that. Like I said 2nd gear at 60mph is needed. I bet most only go for 3rd....
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Looks like the M3 needs a set of rear tyres soon ...........
Pic is deceiving. They still have 3-4mm.

Lasted twice as long as tyres on the 335 did. And the M3 is so much better for going sideways.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,306
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
enjoyin the cars Carl!....we need to meet up for some legally spirited drives!...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
Cyprio
Captain
 
Cyprio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colchester. UK

Posts: 919
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Thanks Cyprio,

The performance is very, very similar to a mapped 335d. But the way it delivers it couldn't be different. Worlds apart in my opinion.

The 335d with a remap is a very quick road car. Effortlessly fast, foot down and the surge of torque will take you to the moon in back quicker than a rocket Lol.

The M3 in comparison is gutless, no torque but is all top end power. At 50mph in 6th you need to drop not 1 gear, not 2 gears but 4 gears for absolute acceleration. Pulls hard to 8k but you need to be in the 5-8k power band for it to be quick. It actually does not feel as fast as the diesel. But in fact I think it may be ever so slightly quicker than the mapped D. Time will tel. Let me get to the drag strip again. I only got one run in the M3 (last time I went) compared to the 150+ I did in the 335.

Handling wise. The M3 feels far superior. I thought the 335d handled well. (I does) but the M3's LSD is epic. The steering far more communicative. The body rolls less and it feels a little sharper.

The sound is fantastic. The rasp royally addictive !! It's a quiet car around town but over half throttle and 3k it's RAAAASSSPPPPPYYY.

Sounds like nothing else on the road.

Rate both cars highly. The M3 needs far more work to be quick. It is fun though. Especially being a manual.The 335d wins for "feeling" like a super car when it comes to acceleration. Even though it in reality is no quicker.

I raced many many E46 M3's when I had my 335d and beat all hands down.

I think it would take a good driver in the M3 to keep up with an average driver in the 335d.

The M3 "needs" to be wrung hard to be fast. Not many people are prepared to thrash a car like that. Like I said 2nd gear at 60mph is needed. I bet most only go for 3rd....
Thanks mate - nice write-up.


I'll eventually get a remap for my 335d, so is there any particular company you would recommend?
Cyprio is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I used DMS mate, I would recommend them. Also Evolve & Emaps are very good.

Definitely remap your car. You will love it.

The fact yours is a tourer is even cooler. Fast estates are the nuts.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #17
Mikael.Aribo
Private
 
Drives: E90 330i MSport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Londinium

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Ahh A clean well looked after E46 M is a beautiful sight. A Chris harris fav too. Enjoy your car Bud. P.s Your lil cuzzies car is a beaut too.
Mikael.Aribo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
Cyprio
Captain
 
Cyprio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colchester. UK

Posts: 919
iTrader: (2)

Thanks mate, I value your advice.

Can't believe how quick these 335d's are even without a remap, the torque pickup is mental!
Cyprio is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST