E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Amber corner lights



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2015, 02:40 AM   #1
M0.92
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Barcelona, Spain

iTrader: (1)

Amber corner lights

I am about to import my US e92 into Europe and I've got a question regarding the amber corner lights, which are always lit on the US models. If I remember correctly those lights are not lit on the Euro models and only used for turn signals, or no? What lights need to come on when the light selector switch is in the park position? Do any of the amber lights need to light up, or just the headlights as far as the front?

I had recently both of the amber corner lights coded to be off, except when the turn signal is used. Will my car pass an European (Spain) inspection like that?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #2
MSport_Jon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: F30 MSport EB 6-SP ; F25 LCI
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bavaria, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0.92 View Post
I am about to import my US e92 into Europe and I've got a question regarding the amber corner lights, which are always lit on the US models. If I remember correctly those lights are not lit on the Euro models and only used for turn signals, or no? What lights need to come on when the light selector switch is in the park position? Do any of the amber lights need to light up, or just the headlights as far as the front?

I had recently both of the amber corner lights coded to be off, except when the turn signal is used. Will my car pass an European (Spain) inspection like that?
if you were in Germany, even if you had your corner lights lit full time you would still pass TUV. You are required to have at least your angel lights lit
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #3
M0.92
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Barcelona, Spain

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
if you were in Germany, even if you had your corner lights lit full time you would still pass TUV. You are required to have at least your angel lights lit
Thanks. I have have the corners coded off, but AE's are always on.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 06:49 PM   #4
Silver330xi
New Member
Silver330xi's Avatar
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW 330XI
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Maine

iTrader: (0)

Is there a way to wire it somehow to only flash when the blinker is on...not all the time?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #5
MSport_Jon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: F30 MSport EB 6-SP ; F25 LCI
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bavaria, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox330xi View Post
Is there a way to wire it somehow to only flash when the blinker is on...not all the time?

I want to help you but your question does not make sense. please elaborate.!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 06:04 AM   #6
M0.92
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Barcelona, Spain

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox330xi View Post
Is there a way to wire it somehow to only flash when the blinker is on...not all the time?
Isn't that how it is when you code the corner lights to off? No need to wire anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
Silver330xi
New Member
Silver330xi's Avatar
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW 330XI
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Maine

iTrader: (0)

Without trying to sound like a total idiot.... how do I code the corner lights off?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 09:05 AM   #8
M0.92
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Barcelona, Spain

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver330xi View Post
Without trying to sound like a total idiot.... how do I code the corner lights off?
With a coder.

Either on location, or remotely. Lots of guys on the forum who can help you out.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #9
MSport_Jon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: F30 MSport EB 6-SP ; F25 LCI
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bavaria, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver330xi View Post
Without trying to sound like a total idiot.... how do I code the corner lights off?
You have to get the coding software. Do a search on this... You will need Ediabas, INPA and ncs expert with a good coding cable... Do not skimp on the cable
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST