E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Meth under part throttle/boost?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
j1gilles
Lieutenant
j1gilles's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Meth under part throttle/boost?

So the BMS fsb only allows meth to flow under full throttle correct? Anyway to start meth flowing any earlier using the fsb?
__________________
ASE master tech (many moons ago)335xi- JB4 G5 iso/e30 Wedge flash/Custom meth/Borla mids/Custom x-pipe/DCI/ER charge pipe/Dual Ebay BOV's/Alpina B3 flash/Paddle shifter retro fit
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
triggz
Banned
Canada
21
Rep
1,225
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gilles View Post
So the BMS fsb only allows meth to flow under full throttle correct? Anyway to start meth flowing any earlier using the fsb?
Why would you want to dump meth when you're not using much power? Pretty useless if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
j1gilles
Lieutenant
j1gilles's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Who said anything about not making much power? I thinking more like an activation around 10-11 psi.... This would solve the problem I have, when I floor it I have a second or two of "no meth" . It takes time for the fsb to activate the pump but if it activates at a little lower boost setting it would eliminate that issue.
__________________
ASE master tech (many moons ago)335xi- JB4 G5 iso/e30 Wedge flash/Custom meth/Borla mids/Custom x-pipe/DCI/ER charge pipe/Dual Ebay BOV's/Alpina B3 flash/Paddle shifter retro fit
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
335xi Kevo's Avatar
7
Rep
502
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT

iTrader: (3)

Better get proceed then if you want part throttle meth control.
__________________
08' 335xi 6MT
Space Metallic Grey
Premium, Nav, Cold weather, Sport
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
92
Rep
7,331
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

at 10-11 psi is probably already almost on full spray. post a log , you will see.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

You've got it all wrong OP. The meth normally starts flowing when you hit around 8psi >. The FSB is a failsafe control box that measures current from the pump so it has nothing to do with the meth being activating. At WOT it only takes a split second for the meth to start flowing unless you have issues with your setup.
As enrita said post a log.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
92
Rep
7,331
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
You've got it all wrong OP. The meth normally starts flowing when you hit around 8psi >. The FSB is a failsafe control box that measures current from the pump so it has nothing to do with the meth being activating. At WOT it only takes a split second for the meth to start flowing unless you have issues with your setup.
As enrita said post a log.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
Randomaccess335
Captain
Randomaccess335's Avatar
9
Rep
682
Posts

 
Drives: 07' 335I
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: boynton beach, Fl

iTrader: (9)

My meth comes at partial throttle as I'm going to full throttle, that's what makes it a smooth acceleration. Meth used to be only at wot giving you the dropping the hammer feeling...... Now it's so much better
R
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO , BMS DCI's, Stock Guted DP's, DO Meth kit Trunk Mount, ETS 5" Intercooler, M6 Rims, ER Charge Pipe, Fordged DV's
Cybe 3.8" chrome Tips, Lux Angel Eyes
**********12.07 @ 116***1.99 60'**********
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
triggz
Banned
Canada
21
Rep
1,225
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomaccess335 View Post
My meth comes at partial throttle as I'm going to full throttle, that's what makes it a smooth acceleration. Meth used to be only at wot giving you the dropping the hammer feeling...... Now it's so much better
R
+1

I sometimes miss that dropping the hammer feeling tho lol
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
Shadow007
First Lieutenant
United_States
6
Rep
385
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: El Paso, TX

iTrader: (2)

Or you could get the CMGS V2 controller and use it that way. That's how I have mine set up, it kicks in at around 3psi all the way to max.
__________________
E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 / Wedge Flash/ BMS DCI/BMS Cowl Filters/ BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve/ RB PCV/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF DP/ ETS FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/1M Bumper/ AF-1 Hood/M3 side skirts/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
redlineryder
knowledge > opinion
redlineryder's Avatar
0
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London/Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggz View Post
Why would you want to dump meth when you're not using much power? Pretty useless if you ask me.
Try to think of meth as an octane supplement instead of a sudden boost in power like nitrous. If you can monitor timing corrections on each cylinder then you will see less corrections in the beginning of a pull with meth spraying in a progressive setup.

Ideally you want a meth system that uses a pulse width modulated valve with the pump maintaining a constant pressure to provide a better dynamic range. If you're also able to fine tune the injection curve then you have a nice system
__________________
FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,558
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineryder View Post
Try to think of meth as an octane supplement instead of a sudden boost in power like nitrous. If you can monitor timing corrections on each cylinder then you will see less corrections in the beginning of a pull with meth spraying in a progressive setup.

Ideally you want a meth system that uses a pulse width modulated valve with the pump maintaining a constant pressure to provide a better dynamic range. If you're also able to fine tune the injection curve then you have a nice system
+1, I agree that Terry should a user adjustable meth trigger variable
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #13
j1gilles
Lieutenant
j1gilles's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Ive looked at numerous csv/logs and it shows meth activating only after full throttle was applied...but I have never logged while easing into the throttle. Last night I did slowly get to full throttle and I did see flow before my pedal hit the floor. Part of my problem is that I use a WW kit and it gets air in the line on really hot days. I have to power purge multiple times for good flow. Looking to start running 100% meth so hopefully when I get around to putting in my trunk tank it solve my air in the lines problem..
__________________
ASE master tech (many moons ago)335xi- JB4 G5 iso/e30 Wedge flash/Custom meth/Borla mids/Custom x-pipe/DCI/ER charge pipe/Dual Ebay BOV's/Alpina B3 flash/Paddle shifter retro fit
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #14
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
92
Rep
7,331
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

thats because everybody logs only on wots. i would stay away from WW kit especially if you want to run 100% . many cars caught fire...
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
j1gilles
Lieutenant
j1gilles's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Ive started with WW kits in every car I have owned that was under boost (5 total) and used only boost juice or winter blend fluid and knock on wood no fire... The funny thing is the only car I switched to a trunk tank was also the only fire Ive had with meth (100%)... Ive had a under hood tank melt because it broke loose from it's mount, this caused it to spill meth blend all over the engine/turbo. No fire but I was only running 45/55. Im not stupid enough (my wife would disagree) to run anything over that under the hood...
What additive setting do you guys use for 100% meth?
__________________
ASE master tech (many moons ago)335xi- JB4 G5 iso/e30 Wedge flash/Custom meth/Borla mids/Custom x-pipe/DCI/ER charge pipe/Dual Ebay BOV's/Alpina B3 flash/Paddle shifter retro fit
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
Randomaccess335
Captain
Randomaccess335's Avatar
9
Rep
682
Posts

 
Drives: 07' 335I
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: boynton beach, Fl

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gilles
Ive started with WW kits in every car I have owned that was under boost (5 total) and used only boost juice or winter blend fluid and knock on wood no fire... The funny thing is the only car I switched to a trunk tank was also the only fire Ive had with meth (100%)... Ive had a under hood tank melt because it broke loose from it's mount, this caused it to spill meth blend all over the engine/turbo. No fire but I was only running 45/55. Im not stupid enough (my wife would disagree) to run anything over that under the hood...
What additive setting do you guys use for 100% meth?
I use 95ish% meth at 75 add and 40ish% e85 mix
R
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO , BMS DCI's, Stock Guted DP's, DO Meth kit Trunk Mount, ETS 5" Intercooler, M6 Rims, ER Charge Pipe, Fordged DV's
Cybe 3.8" chrome Tips, Lux Angel Eyes
**********12.07 @ 116***1.99 60'**********
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
j1gilles
Lieutenant
j1gilles's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

I may try and bump mine up to 50 (from 40) tomorrow. I run about the same e85 % as you do but a lower meth %.... You ahve any recent logs you can share with the above set up?
__________________
ASE master tech (many moons ago)335xi- JB4 G5 iso/e30 Wedge flash/Custom meth/Borla mids/Custom x-pipe/DCI/ER charge pipe/Dual Ebay BOV's/Alpina B3 flash/Paddle shifter retro fit
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
Bme30
Captain
Bme30's Avatar
14
Rep
849
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 'Merika'

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I wish the jb4 meth setup was more like the procede. In my
Opinion the procede meth setup is far superior.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
j1gilles
Lieutenant
j1gilles's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30 View Post
I wish the jb4 meth setup was more like the procede. In my
Opinion the procede meth setup is far superior.
Never tried it but I love my JB4 and I wanted to stick with the same tuner for my meth control... It works fine thus far, I just with it had a boost/meth adjustment.
__________________
ASE master tech (many moons ago)335xi- JB4 G5 iso/e30 Wedge flash/Custom meth/Borla mids/Custom x-pipe/DCI/ER charge pipe/Dual Ebay BOV's/Alpina B3 flash/Paddle shifter retro fit
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #20
robc1976
DIYER
robc1976's Avatar
79
Rep
4,725
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gilles View Post
Who said anything about not making much power? I thinking more like an activation around 10-11 psi.... This would solve the problem I have, when I floor it I have a second or two of "no meth" . It takes time for the fsb to activate the pump but if it activates at a little lower boost setting it would eliminate that issue.
meth is activated @ 9 psi
__________________
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 07:52 AM   #21
Randomaccess335
Captain
Randomaccess335's Avatar
9
Rep
682
Posts

 
Drives: 07' 335I
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: boynton beach, Fl

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gilles
I may try and bump mine up to 50 (from 40) tomorrow. I run about the same e85 % as you do but a lower meth %.... You ahve any recent logs you can share with the above set up?
No recent good logs cause I'm still dealing with something causing me to be under boost target.
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO , BMS DCI's, Stock Guted DP's, DO Meth kit Trunk Mount, ETS 5" Intercooler, M6 Rims, ER Charge Pipe, Fordged DV's
Cybe 3.8" chrome Tips, Lux Angel Eyes
**********12.07 @ 116***1.99 60'**********
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #22
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
243
Rep
18,312
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
thats because everybody logs only on wots. i would stay away from WW kit especially if you want to run 100% . many cars caught fire...
+1000
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST