E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > you can always judge a man by his shoes...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #45
plokij
Lieutenant
plokij's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: Nothing
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillytalent View Post
Point: Just because something is possible doesn't mean it is necessary. I'm not too keen to OP's car either. But she made all the proper steps in calling herself out saying she knows its 4x4. So whats the deal? We don't all have money flying out of our ears to mod cars. That guy saying 'and if funding is an issue - DO NOT MOD YOUR CAR' is out of line. I could go all day on that, but I'll lay it to rest.

I'm sure in time the car will come together.
Also I'm not too sure you can get arrested for defecating under a Christmas tree, Depending on the circumstances of course.
dude, mods cost a lot of money. that's a fact. therefore, it doesn't make any sense to start modding if you don't have the reserves to make it happen. that's not out of line, that's sound advice. OP stated she's not made of money which implies there's a limited budget.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #46
mrbillytalent
Lieutenant
5
Rep
536
Posts

Drives: '99 e46 323i & '07 e90 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toledo OH

iTrader: (1)

I hate arguing on the interwebz. If you'd like to give this poor girl her thread back PM me and I'll explain to you one on one why that statement is downright retarded, and it's ok to take mods in strides.


/threadjack
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #47
gtron
powerhouse
gtron's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 Porsche  [4.50]
2012 550i M-Sport  [3.93]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillytalent View Post
Point: Just because something is possible doesn't mean it is necessary. I'm not too keen to OP's car either. But she made all the proper steps in calling herself out saying she knows its 4x4. So whats the deal? We don't all have money flying out of our ears to mod cars. That guy saying 'and if funding is an issue - DO NOT MOD YOUR CAR' is out of line. I could go all day on that, but I'll lay it to rest.

I'm sure in time the car will come together.
Also I'm not too sure you can get arrested for defecating under a Christmas tree, Depending on the circumstances of course.
i was thinking along the lines of trust passing to lay said shit.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
gtron
powerhouse
gtron's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 Porsche  [4.50]
2012 550i M-Sport  [3.93]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plokij View Post
dude, mods cost a lot of money. that's a fact. therefore, it doesn't make any sense to start modding if you don't have the reserves to make it happen. that's not out of line, that's sound advice. OP stated she's not made of money which implies there's a limited budget.
is this a joke? people shouldn't mod unless they can take it all the way at once?

i for one enjoy watching the progress of the cars on here. nothing is ever finished either.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #49
mrbillytalent
Lieutenant
5
Rep
536
Posts

Drives: '99 e46 323i & '07 e90 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toledo OH

iTrader: (1)

OP I think with a wee bit of tire shine and a nice wash your car would look a lot better for now. I know my wheels look a lot better with a nice dark sheen. At least until you get that wheel gap closed up one way or another. Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #50
plokij
Lieutenant
plokij's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: Nothing
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillytalent View Post
I hate arguing on the interwebz. If you'd like to give this poor girl her thread back PM me and I'll explain to you one on one why that statement is downright retarded, and it's ok to take mods in strides.


/threadjack
it's fine to take time, but when people suggest improvements before the wheels go on, or things that would help the wheels look better, the OP shouldn't get defensive and make excuses like she's not made of money.

at least wait until the mods are 50% complete before posting or showing off. i mean, look at the title - it's ridiculous. be more humble if you just start out. list future mods, or whatever. but having the expectation that just bolting on wheels that you got from a friend is not going to get criticized is arrogant.

the suggestion is that if you take your time with mods, have a good plan in place so that they get installed in an order that is flattering. my recommendation was that she take care of those ambers on the headlights. that's fairly cheap and would make the car look 100% better before the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #51
plokij
Lieutenant
plokij's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: Nothing
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
is this a joke? people shouldn't mod unless they can take it all the way at once?

i for one enjoy watching the progress of the cars on here. nothing is ever finished either.
if you put white wheels on your car, you should expect to have other mods in place first, or directly following them so that you don't drive around (or post pictures) with the car looking like hell.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #52
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
gary88's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
8,015
Posts

Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plokij View Post
it's fine to take time, but when people suggest improvements before the wheels go on, or things that would help the wheels look better, the OP shouldn't get defensive and make excuses like she's not made of money.

at least wait until the mods are 50% complete before posting or showing off. i mean, look at the title - it's ridiculous. be more humble if you just start out. list future mods, or whatever. but having the expectation that just bolting on wheels that you got from a friend is not going to get criticized is arrogant.

the suggestion is that if you take your time with mods, have a good plan in place so that they get installed in an order that is flattering. my recommendation was that she take care of those ambers on the headlights. that's fairly cheap and would make the car look 100% better before the wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plokij View Post
if you put white wheels on your car, you should expect to have other mods in place first, or directly following them so that you don't drive around (or post pictures) with the car looking like hell.
__________________

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #53
plokij
Lieutenant
plokij's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: Nothing
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

^ yeah, totally

nice work, sir. how long did you google the memes to find that one?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #54
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
gary88's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
8,015
Posts

Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
About a minute
__________________

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #55
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
135
Rep
11,036
Posts

Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
nice
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #56
ichi_ban
Major
14
Rep
1,012
Posts

Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: FL

iTrader: (24)

So how do you judge someone that pays for rep wheels? LOL
__________________
@ichi_ban
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #57
Brennan
'The Godfather'
Brennan's Avatar
No_Country
34
Rep
1,062
Posts

Drives: SAAB 9-3 Aero TTiD
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crossgar, N.Ireland

iTrader: (0)

looks well good mate, nice to see something different
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #58
kitkat1723
Lieutenant
kitkat1723's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: e90 325i - sold
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Round Lake, IL

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [4.75]
lol this is just getting too hilarious with all this trolling. apparently i wasnt aware that posting a picture of your car because you added something new to it wasnt allowed. next time ill remember and FYI...the title "you can always judge a man by his shoes..." is just a play on words and is a psychological thing that most women look at a mans shoes to determine if they will like the man or not. i figured people on e90 were a little more sophisticated to understand it was just a joke but MYYYY BAD!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #59
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
BoostedE90's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,683
Posts

Drives: e90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tampa/Gainesville, FL

iTrader: (5)

Kat -> Don't let these trolls get to you. Unfortunately this is a forum and when you ask peoples' opinion you are going to get it. It's your car... do whatever you want to it.

I would definitely suggest going with Akebono pads. Ceramic pads are virtually dustless. I swithced to them a few months ago and my wheels rarely show sign of brake dust. I've gone weeks without washing my car (cause it rains everyday at 4pm here in Florida during the summer) and my wheels always look clean. However, the pedal feel takes a bit getting used to. Ceramic pads don't have the bite that metalic pads have. Ceramics are more linear. You may find yourself pushing the pedal a little harder to stop, but the fact ceramics produce so much less dust is worth the trade off.

Last edited by BoostedE90; 08-02-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #60
gtron
powerhouse
gtron's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 Porsche  [4.50]
2012 550i M-Sport  [3.93]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat1723 View Post
lol this is just getting too hilarious with all this trolling. apparently i wasnt aware that posting a picture of your car because you added something new to it wasnt allowed. next time ill remember and FYI...the title "you can always judge a man by his shoes..." is just a play on words and is a psychological thing that most women look at a mans shoes to determine if they will like the man or not. i figured people on e90 were a little more sophisticated to understand it was just a joke but MYYYY BAD!
take the good with the bad. there seems to be a good number of people that appreciated your posts on here.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #61
woot335woot
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat1723 View Post
lol this is just getting too hilarious with all this trolling. apparently i wasnt aware that posting a picture of your car because you added something new to it wasnt allowed. next time ill remember and FYI...the title "you can always judge a man by his shoes..." is just a play on words and is a psychological thing that most women look at a mans shoes to determine if they will like the man or not. i figured people on e90 were a little more sophisticated to understand it was just a joke but MYYYY BAD!
Believe it or not, this forum is full of pretentious douche bags who think that their opinion is the right way and have nothing better to do but cut others down. The same people who flame you will be the same people who do all the mods that everyone else does because they lack creativity.

OP, shame on you for doing something different, it's not what "everyone" else likes. (sarcasm)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #62
THE TECH
Lieutenant General
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
169
Rep
13,124
Posts

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Looks good.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #63
Sara504
Lieutenant General
Sara504's Avatar
United_States
451
Rep
17,705
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans

iTrader: (6)

From one girl to another. Dont let this forum get to you. Dont let them con you into buying shit you dont need to impress people you know even care about. I had a 325 just like you that I loved! Too many years on this forum mind fucked me into buying a 335 and dumping money into a tune, and now exterior mods that I really dont need.

Its your car, you have to drive it. If you like it thats all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #64
woot335woot
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
From one girl to another. Dont let this forum get to you. Dont let them con you into buying shit you dont need to impress people you know even care about. I had a 325 just like you that I loved! Too many years on this forum mind fucked me into buying a 335 and dumping money into a tune, and now exterior mods that I really dont need.

Its your car, you have to drive it. If you like it thats all that matters.
You know you love it though!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #65
Sara504
Lieutenant General
Sara504's Avatar
United_States
451
Rep
17,705
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot335woot View Post
You know you love it though!
Oh I absolutely love it but I still cant help but look at my car and think how many pairs of shoes I just blew on that jb4.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #66
gtron
powerhouse
gtron's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 Porsche  [4.50]
2012 550i M-Sport  [3.93]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
From one girl to another. Dont let this forum get to you. Dont let them con you into buying shit you dont need to impress people you know even care about. I had a 325 just like you that I loved! Too many years on this forum mind fucked me into buying a 335 and dumping money into a tune, and now exterior mods that I really dont need.

Its your car, you have to drive it. If you like it thats all that matters.
not that i don't agree with most of your post but do you hate the 335, tune and ext mods? from what i've seen, looks dope as hell.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST