E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > LSD questions, save $$$?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Rubberismoney
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 07' Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
LSD questions, save $$$?

On to my important question though, if I separate the carrier from a dif casing on a e46 M3, is there any chance it will fit in the e92 casing?

Also my current mods are, Dp's, DCI, FMIC, N55 CP and Synapse BOV, and within 5 days a JB4. What other mods will be the best bang for the $? Meth? Full exhaust? You guys have obviously put some other stuff on your cars, so let me know what you like to live with on your car the best!!

Thanks for all the replies and help in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
GChase
Captain
GChase's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
701
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, KY

iTrader: (0)

Just read that entire thread. You sir, are a living legend.
You really should come over here to e90post. Many more members and much better expertise. I recommend posting this question in one of the engine forums here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=378

I hope you stick around here and start sharing all your knowledge! I'm 17 as well and I could barely replace my headlight bulbs xD (in my defense the LCI e90's are pretty tough for a beginner)
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
MattMD
E9X > F3X
MattMD's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
729
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

I'm 17 as well. Just posting to keep the streak going.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Rubberismoney
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 07' Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
Just read that entire thread. You sir, are a living legend.
You really should come over here to e90post. Many more members and much better expertise. I recommend posting this question in one of the engine forums here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=378

I hope you stick around here and start sharing all your knowledge! I'm 17 as well and I could barely replace my headlight bulbs xD (in my defense the LCI e90's are pretty tough for a beginner)
Haha thanks for reading man. It was a good build, and I hope to do it again soon. Also, thanks for the link, my question has been posted. And hell I was the kid who was stupid enough to put the entire car together and have to put the lights in after I put the headlights in the car!! Your not alone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Low Key OG View Post
I'm 17 as well. Just posting to keep the streak going.
Glad to see there's more of us. Just seem like no one lives up north here.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
DoctorS
Private First Class
5
Rep
189
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 AW msport 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I'm 16 but I'll be turning 17 in a month; hope it still counts for the streak. I told my parents that for my birthday all I want is a FFTEC/Vishnu 335i Single Turbo Kit and they said no. They don't understand...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Rubberismoney
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 07' Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condition View Post
I'm 16 but I'll be turning 17 in a month; hope it still counts for the streak. I told my parents that for my birthday all I want is a FFTEC/Vishnu 335i Single Turbo Kit and they said no. They don't understand...
Hahaha god if I had more $$. Hopefully buying a wrecked M3 here soon, but I can't stop myself from buying more mods even on its way out!!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,139
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberismoney View Post
Hahaha god if I had more $$. Hopefully buying a wrecked M3 here soon, but I can't stop myself from buying more mods even on its way out!!
I followed your thread for awhile on that thread. to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
GChase
Captain
GChase's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
701
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, KY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberismoney View Post
Haha thanks for reading man. It was a good build, and I hope to do it again soon. Also, thanks for the link, my question has been posted. And hell I was the kid who was stupid enough to put the entire car together and have to put the lights in after I put the headlights in the car!! Your not alone!
The big question I have after reading it all is.... How much did you pay for the salvaged e92 and how much money did you put into fixing it?? Very curious to see if it turned out cheaper than just buying one (I'm figuring it did)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #9
Verbatim
Colonel
Verbatim's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
2,555
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: at the repair shop

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
I'm 17 too, and saw your thread a while ago. Amazing!
__________________

2008 BMW 335i Sedan | Sparkling Graphite | Sport | Premium | Navigation | Comfort Access | Logic7
Golf Tee | M3 Spoiler | LED Angel Eyes | 5000k Fogs | Resonator Delete | Black Kidney Grills | Black Finisher Rods | 35%/18% Tint |12mm/20mm (F/R) Spacers | Black Lines


Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:53 AM   #10
Doctor///M
Colonel
Doctor///M's Avatar
52
Rep
2,218
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3, R56 MCS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: HTX

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [4.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2010 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
props to you sir...

Definitely a job well done. Post some pics up for us to see here!

Why not take it to the track to see how it works under load?
__________________
2015 BMW M3 (ED 03-11-14) /l\ Austin Yellow /i\ 6MT /l\ Exec Pkg /i\ HK Audio /l\ 437M
CCA Member
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #11
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,946
Posts

 
Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Man you are awesome! i actually saw ur thread a while back! and it truly is awesome. i got my car at 17 and I'm a mechanic/Body guy too! and i drive a blue 335i Except i did not rebuild my car.

but another great mod would be the 15 ohm mod, E85 tune and methanol injection.

15 ohm mod ( if you did all that crazy shit to your car this is a sinch)
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5899

E85 tune:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15846
download the N54_52312 < which is the 5/23 firmware run map 5 and set boost to 18.5 and thank me later.

1.5 gal X methanol injection:
amazing highway pulls with E85 and 15 ohm

welcome to the forum and we will see ya around

Last edited by sammy_0559; 08-06-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:26 AM   #12
J3NGOe90
Captain
United_States
12
Rep
706
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i 6speed MT only!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: brooklyn

iTrader: (1)

so this looks like a teenage thread lol, im 19 too, good to know that there a lot of young 335 owners! whenever i go to meet most of them r older than me
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #13
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,946
Posts

 
Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3NGOe90 View Post
so this looks like a teenage thread lol, im 19 too, good to know that there a lot of young 335 owners! whenever i go to meet most of them r older than me
KIDS FTW
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #14
J3NGOe90
Captain
United_States
12
Rep
706
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i 6speed MT only!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: brooklyn

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
KIDS FTW
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #15
e93driva
Captain
United_States
16
Rep
698
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E93 335is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

Another 19 year old here . Much respect on that rebuild! I almost bought a wrecked m3 and fixed it up but decided not to do that
__________________


Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:19 AM   #16
Exzackt
Second Lieutenant
Exzackt's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
256
Posts

 
Drives: n54 e92 335i/e39 540i6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (2)

Wow I'm 22 and you guys are making me feel old wtf.

OP definitely find your closest e85 stations. Do some research on it first there is already tons of threads.. my next mod is a trunk meth setup. Now I just need a LSD to do some tracking
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
Rubberismoney
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 07' Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I followed your thread for awhile on that thread. to you.
Thanks for the support man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
The big question I have after reading it all is.... How much did you pay for the salvaged e92 and how much money did you put into fixing it?? Very curious to see if it turned out cheaper than just buying one (I'm figuring it did)
The salvaged car, was 2500. The cost of all the parts were 7k. Sitting on a e92 for around 9500+MOds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3RI35 View Post
props to you sir...
Definitely a job well done. Post some pics up for us to see here!

Why not take it to the track to see how it works under load?
There only track near me is BIR or Road America and to drive at both you have to be 18. But trust me the day will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Man you are awesome! i actually saw ur thread a while back! and it truly is awesome. i got my car at 17 and I'm a mechanic/Body guy too! and i drive a blue 335i Except i did not rebuild my car.

but another great mod would be the 15 ohm mod, E85 tune and methanol injection.

15 ohm mod ( if you did all that crazy shit to your car this is a sinch)
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5899

E85 tune:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15846
download the N54_52312 < which is the 5/23 firmware run map 5 and set boost to 18.5 and thank me later.

1.5 gal X methanol injection:
amazing highway pulls with E85 and 15 ohm

welcome to the forum and we will see ya around
The 15 OHM mod will be done. I think all these mods look good and don't empty my pockets. Thanks for the advice! Also being in Minnesota, every station sells E85 and I have a station about 10 miles away with 110 Race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3NGOe90 View Post
so this looks like a teenage thread lol, im 19 too, good to know that there a lot of young 335 owners! whenever i go to meet most of them r older than me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd View Post


I would recommend another site to go to that has a great technical section but...


Keep posting so you can receive pm's.
Yea I posted in the tuning section hoping someone will see my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
Another 19 year old here . Much respect on that rebuild! I almost bought a wrecked m3 and fixed it up but decided not to do that
Yea, I like the 335i a lot but every time a M3 pulls up I just think, "damn, why didn't I buy that?" And I love rebuilding cars so its a win win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exzackt View Post
Wow I'm 22 and you guys are making me feel old wtf.

OP definitely find your closest e85 stations. Do some research on it first there is already tons of threads.. my next mod is a trunk meth setup. Now I just need a LSD to do some tracking
Hahaha 22? Ancient! No, but I will definitely do that! And hell if my E46-E92 LSD swap works well all be saving a few $$.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #18
Rubberismoney
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 07' Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The lines came out clean!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
techwhiz
Lieutenant Colonel
techwhiz's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,672
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca

iTrader: (3)

LSD Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberismoney View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, and if you want to know who I am and what I'm about read this. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=607190 Proud to be an owner of an e92 335i at 17.

On to my important question though, if I separate the carrier from a dif casing on a e46 M3, is there any chance it will fit in the e92 casing?

Also my current mods are, Dp's, DCI, FMIC, N55 CP and Synapse BOV, and within 5 days a JB4. What other mods will be the best bang for the $? Meth? Full exhaust? You guys have obviously put some other stuff on your cars, so let me know what you like to live with on your car the best!!

Thanks for all the replies and help in advance!
Lot's of respect for the rebuild.
For the LSD, nope....
There were two rear ends for 335i and neither is like an e46.
I think intake on a turbo car is a waste. A better intercooler is good.
Exhaust, not huge gains unless you like sound. WIth DP's and firmware you are going in the right direction.

Nice looking car....
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
ihc95
Major
ihc95's Avatar
12
Rep
1,166
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Dude you are INCREDIBLE. I wish I had your skills and knowledge.

But yeah KIDS FTMFW!!!! Im 17 too haha
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
Hunter51092
Major
Hunter51092's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,284
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
if i buy this how much to rebuild it for me

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts/3187336593.html
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
Dozhdbog
Lieutenant Colonel
Dozhdbog's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,555
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hollywood

iTrader: (0)

Kids these days blah blah blah.

Rich parents blah blah blah.

In my day, uphill both ways to school in snowstorms without shoes blah blah blah.

Be happy with a Civic blah blah blah.
__________________
2011 E90 / Premium Package / Stage 2 PPK / Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335i, jb4, lsd, rob beck, turbos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST