E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Need a used N55 engine



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-31-2016, 03:18 PM   #1
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
65
Rep
1,238
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Need a used N55 engine

Where in Ontario do I look to find an excellent condition used N55 engine for my 335i? I may be in need of one and want to begin searching.

Thanks,
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport Sedan | MHD Stage II Tune | Koni Sport Dampers l Eibach Pro Kit Springs | M3 Suspension Upgrade l BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW Performance Front Grill | OEM Euro M-Sport | 19" Volk Forged Performance ME's | JL Audio HD 900 | Morel Hybrid Components | JL Audio W3v3
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
the6M3
Save the manuals!
Canada
326
Rep
1,429
Posts

Drives: '12 M3 6MT, '09 328i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416

iTrader: (0)

Bimmer heaven in Milton.

Kijiji.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 06:38 PM   #3
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
65
Rep
1,238
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6M3 View Post
Bimmer heaven in Milton.

Kijiji.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 11:27 PM   #4
philly_tee
New Member
philly_tee's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Why do you need one? Something happen?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #5
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
65
Rep
1,238
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_tee View Post
Why do you need one? Something happen?
Will find out for sure in a few days. I have material pressure loss in clcylinder 6 and unable to go WOT without hesitation. Hoping it ends up being something minor. Heard a "pop" while driving last week and have experienced this since then.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 02:47 PM   #6
philly_tee
New Member
philly_tee's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
Will find out for sure in a few days. I have material pressure loss in clcylinder 6 and unable to go WOT without hesitation. Hoping it ends up being something minor. Heard a "pop" while driving last week and have experienced this since then.

Who did you bring it to? They did a leak down and compression test? I had a similar scare a few months back - Thought it was a blown head gasket and was looking for an N54, brought it to KTM and they saved me

I hope it works out for you too man! Let me know how it goes..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1372
Rep
7,413
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Try barvarian auto salvage in California too. I got an n54 from then 54k tested, shipped, warranty, for $3000.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
65
Rep
1,238
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_tee View Post
Who did you bring it to? They did a leak down and compression test? I had a similar scare a few months back - Thought it was a blown head gasket and was looking for an N54, brought it to KTM and they saved me

I hope it works out for you too man! Let me know how it goes..
KTM is the shop I am taking it to on a Wednesday. Fingers crossed it is nothing major. I took it to the dealership last week(against my better judgement) as the indie shops were closed and I needed some input.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #9
philly_tee
New Member
philly_tee's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: E92 N54
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
KTM is the shop I am taking it to on a Wednesday. Fingers crossed it is nothing major. I took it to the dealership last week(against my better judgement) as the indie shops were closed and I needed some input.

Thanks
KTM is good - Gus knows what's up and I feel confident about his work.

Just an FYI though, his work is amazing but it took a LONG time to get my car back! It was the first and only time I brought it there and he was good about keeping me in the loop but it sat there for a while. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but it just took a long time to get my car back. They are busy often so it may take a bit!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST