E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Offical Las Vegas E9Xs Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #1541
GabeS
Crazy!
 
Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 467
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoat View Post
What's up guys?! Anyone have any 265/30/19 and/or 235/35/19 tires for sale with a good amount of thread on them?
lemme check when I get home, I know my rear setup is 275/30/19
my fronts were either 225/35 or 235/35... ill post up later.
__________________
335i coupe mtech rear bumper(white) for sale!!
$300
GabeS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #1542
sillygoat
Captain
 
Drives: 335i tiag
Join Date: May 2006
Location: las vegas, nv

Posts: 794
iTrader: (11)

Send a message via AIM to sillygoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoat View Post
What's up guys?! Anyone have any 265/30/19 and/or 235/35/19 tires for sale with a good amount of thread on them?
lemme check when I get home, I know my rear setup is 275/30/19
my fronts were either 225/35 or 235/35... ill post up later.
Cool let me know!
__________________
sillygoat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #1543
Manny_World
Colonel
 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

Posts: 2,344
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoat View Post
Cool let me know!
I have a pair of 255/30 19 sitting in my garage. Not even 1k miles on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
FS: OEM E92 Performance Spoiler $350. pm me if interested


Edit: any local interest on an OEM LCI front jet black bumper?
Mid-kick?
__________________
Manny_World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #1544
iBoost
Brigadier General
 
iBoost's Avatar
 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
I have a pair of 255/30 19 sitting in my garage. Not even 1k miles on them.


Mid-kick?
Nope its high kick. I think only replicas are low and mid kick.
iBoost is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #1545
Cmaddox335
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335I e90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 220
iTrader: (3)

Ugh!! So mad at BMW of Las Vegas!

About 6 months ago, I thought I fried my DME from washing the car without the rain diverter in. The throttle adaption constantly needed to be reset to drive the car, and there was always an intermittent door ajar caution while driving.

So after a month of just resetting the throttle adaption, it ended up fixing itself. The door Ajar caution was annoying, but livable. I finally decided to take it to the dealership a month ago.

I took the car to BMW of Las Vegas, and they held it for a week trying to troubleshoot it. They ended up saying it was a module in the left headlight back feeding a short to the footwell module that controls the door open caution.

Of course the headlight was not covered, and they said it wasn't an individual piece that they could order. They needed to order the entire headlight. :/ I called their BS, but they were adamant that it was a piece that couldn't be ordered separate. So $1800 later for troubleshooting, the headlight, and the repair, the car was fixed. Or so I thought....

The first thing that came to my mind is I'm going to have one stock and one aftermarket angel eye. But when I got the car, both lights were stock. (without my permission, they took it upon themselves to put the right angel eye to stock.) W/e, they were cheap $80 LEDs...it gave me a reason to buy some LUX bulbs.

After two weeks of driving, I noticed that the headlights weren't turning with the steering wheel. And my mind got to wondering. I was guessing some shady maintenance went down. I'm guessing that when they replaced the headlight, the caution was still intermittant. So they disconnected 1 module at a time until it stopped. And it ended up being the one that controls the headlights turning. So they just left it disconnected, or coded it out.

Anyhow, here's the really shitty part. The reason I'm complaining. I got my LUX 5.2 bulbs, went to install them. Left side installed, looked perfect. Went to install the right side, and a bracket wouldn't come out in the assembly. It turns out when they took it upon themselves to install stock bulbs, they didn't put the metal bracket with the lens in. And completely melted the tubing for the angel eyes!!! I have to wait til Monday to complain and get this resolved.

__________________
Cmaddox335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #1546
///ADMAN
Lieutenant
 
///ADMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sin City

Posts: 449
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [5.00]
Grrr...
///ADMAN is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #1547
iBoost
Brigadier General
 
iBoost's Avatar
 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmaddox335 View Post
Ugh!! So mad at BMW of Las Vegas!

About 6 months ago, I thought I fried my DME from washing the car without the rain diverter in. The throttle adaption constantly needed to be reset to drive the car, and there was always an intermittent door ajar caution while driving.

So after a month of just resetting the throttle adaption, it ended up fixing itself. The door Ajar caution was annoying, but livable. I finally decided to take it to the dealership a month ago.

I took the car to BMW of Las Vegas, and they held it for a week trying to troubleshoot it. They ended up saying it was a module in the left headlight back feeding a short to the footwell module that controls the door open caution.

Of course the headlight was not covered, and they said it wasn't an individual piece that they could order. They needed to order the entire headlight. :/ I called their BS, but they were adamant that it was a piece that couldn't be ordered separate. So $1800 later for troubleshooting, the headlight, and the repair, the car was fixed. Or so I thought....

The first thing that came to my mind is I'm going to have one stock and one aftermarket angel eye. But when I got the car, both lights were stock. (without my permission, they took it upon themselves to put the right angel eye to stock.) W/e, they were cheap $80 LEDs...it gave me a reason to buy some LUX bulbs.

After two weeks of driving, I noticed that the headlights weren't turning with the steering wheel. And my mind got to wondering. I was guessing some shady maintenance went down. I'm guessing that when they replaced the headlight, the caution was still intermittant. So they disconnected 1 module at a time until it stopped. And it ended up being the one that controls the headlights turning. So they just left it disconnected, or coded it out.

Anyhow, here's the really shitty part. The reason I'm complaining. I got my LUX 5.2 bulbs, went to install them. Left side installed, looked perfect. Went to install the right side, and a bracket wouldn't come out in the assembly. It turns out when they took it upon themselves to install stock bulbs, they didn't put the metal bracket with the lens in. And completely melted the tubing for the angel eyes!!! I have to wait til Monday to complain and get this resolved.

not surprised though. keep us updated on how they resolve it. good luck
iBoost is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #1548
Cmaddox335
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335I e90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 220
iTrader: (3)

I'm going to go up there tomorrow morning, but I don't have my hopes up. I looked at the invoice and it doesn't say that they replaced the halo light bulb to match the driver side one. :/ So I'm guessing they will deny it.
__________________
Cmaddox335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2014, 06:35 AM   #1549
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
 
smack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany

Posts: 1,568
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, not sure how many remember me but here is my latest adventure. I had the opportunity to tour Flex tools of Germany and was greeted by the Chief executive officer Andreas Ditsche, (no picture) Bob Eichelberg North American president, and Siegfried Suby lead technical engineer. Anyways just wanted to share with you guys.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...h-germany.html
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
smack is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #1550
iBoost
Brigadier General
 
iBoost's Avatar
 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
Hey guys, not sure how many remember me but here is my latest adventure. I had the opportunity to tour Flex tools of Germany and was greeted by the Chief executive officer Andreas Ditsche, (no picture) Bob Eichelberg North American president, and Siegfried Suby lead technical engineer. Anyways just wanted to share with you guys.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...h-germany.html
Damn impressive facility they got there. Good stuff
iBoost is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2014, 02:25 AM   #1551
Manny_World
Colonel
 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

Posts: 2,344
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
Hey guys, not sure how many remember me but here is my latest adventure. I had the opportunity to tour Flex tools of Germany and was greeted by the Chief executive officer Andreas Ditsche, (no picture) Bob Eichelberg North American president, and Siegfried Suby lead technical engineer. Anyways just wanted to share with you guys.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...h-germany.html
Wow! I knew you felt like a kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Cool experience.
__________________
Manny_World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #1552
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
 
smack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany

Posts: 1,568
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
Damn impressive facility they got there. Good stuff
It was very impressive. Glad I was able to take pictures to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Wow! I knew you felt like a kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Cool experience.
I did! I didn't know what to do with myself! Lol!
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
smack is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #1553
///ADMAN
Lieutenant
 
///ADMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sin City

Posts: 449
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
I did! I didn't know what to do with myself! Lol!


Most importantly: Did the Snozberries taste like Snozberries???
///ADMAN is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2014, 03:06 AM   #1554
335IN55jonRx
Registered
 
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United States

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

E92s spotted in Henderson

Hey guys,

I spotted a couple alpine white e92s in Henderson, NV. One was a 335IS and one was a 335i w the M package kit. If you guys are into modding and want to meet up and kick it, hit me up.

Also, I noticed there aren't very many meetups here in Vegas. Let's try to get a meet going sometime. I'm pretty new so maybe some other ppls might want to help out with this.
335IN55jonRx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2014, 04:04 AM   #1555
Mybad135
Lieutenant
 
Mybad135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 montego blue 135
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: las vegas, nv

Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)

there is a meet at the in and out on trop and the 15 every wednesday sometimes we go to other events but it is always on wednesday but there are other car meets on other days as well
__________________
Full 1m bodywork,helix 2stepIC, icarbon thermal coated dp, JB4 ,Seibon carbon fiber hood, icarbon trunk,meth, BMS intake, ECS rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs, Vargas turbo click on pic for build thread
Mybad135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #1556
Thatoneguy_335i
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 R6, 07 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brooks Kentucky

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Whats up everyone! So Im thinking of moving to Las Vegas, selling my house and packing everything in a UHaul and making the trip.

I have some questions for you guys though....

1. Car Registration, how does it work? I heard its based on purchase price and then prorated.
2. Emissions - Can or Do you have downpipes?

What part of town are you all in? Im thinking of Summerlin because it would be close to where I would be working.

What about insurance, I know its different for everyone but do you think insurance in general is expensive because of the area?

Now, my last and most important question..... How many of you all ride motorcycles? Is there any places you stay away from for safety reasons specifically due to dumb drivers?

Thanks for all your feedback! Hope to see/meet everyone in the near future.
Thatoneguy_335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #1557
///ADMAN
Lieutenant
 
///ADMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sin City

Posts: 449
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [5.00]
1. Registration is state fee + federal tax based on vehicle price. It will prorated depending on when your current registration expires. Most people drive around on "Out of State" plates until someone turns them in.

2. Emissions aren't bad. No state inspection stations. You'll need a SMOG check - available at most service stations for $18.00. Clear all codes. They only plug into OBD port to scan. Very basic.

3. Summerlin is great. NW is typically a better part of town. 215 freeway can get you most places within a few minutes.

4. Insurance is insurance. No way to answer that question. Based on age, record, liability vs full coverage. Full coverage based on amount of vehicles stolen. Whatever...

5. I do...sometimes. Mainly just Red Rock Canyon nowadays.





Stay away from all surface streets and highways were people in cages are present. They DO NOT look out for motorcyclist here. Ride in numbers to and from specific areas. And, do not leave your bike at a casino parking lot or chained up to a pole in your apartment complex. Other than that, no problems.
///ADMAN is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2014, 04:10 AM   #1558
335IN55jonRx
Registered
 
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United States

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybad135 View Post
there is a meet at the in and out on trop and the 15 every wednesday sometimes we go to other events but it is always on wednesday but there are other car meets on other days as well
Oh yea? nice...would you know what time on wednesdays the meets are?
335IN55jonRx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2014, 11:51 PM   #1559
Mybad135
Lieutenant
 
Mybad135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 montego blue 135
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: las vegas, nv

Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)

after 8pm people usually start showing up
__________________
Full 1m bodywork,helix 2stepIC, icarbon thermal coated dp, JB4 ,Seibon carbon fiber hood, icarbon trunk,meth, BMS intake, ECS rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs, Vargas turbo click on pic for build thread
Mybad135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #1560
iBoost
Brigadier General
 
iBoost's Avatar
 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (12)

Mini Part-out
if any local is interested in the following parts I'm ready to let go at a fair price;

-Jet black E92 Lci Msport front conversion (all oem parts including under body heat shield/ wheel well liners, oem fogs, everything)

-BMW Performance Exhaust for coupe compatible with 325i/328i/330i

-Custom ///M engraved shift knob 6sp mt by Whalen

-Weighted Short BMW 6 mt knob

-Modified oem cdv brand new

-BMS adjustable clutch stop

please pm me to discuss price

Its all I can think of for now. Parts are going to start coming off this week.

Last edited by iBoost; 04-17-2014 at 03:42 AM.
iBoost is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #1561
iBoost
Brigadier General
 
iBoost's Avatar
 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (12)

Anyone interested in a trade;

my staggered miro 111 18" polished & silver, m3 offsets w/ bridgestone re760s (85% tread fronts / 50-60% tread on the rears) and lci tpms

for your stockers + cash? (must have lci tpms and in decent condition)
pm me
iBoost is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #1562
GabeS
Crazy!
 
Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 467
iTrader: (0)

If I can get my gf to come we might stop by tonight!
__________________
335i coupe mtech rear bumper(white) for sale!!
$300
GabeS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST