E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Official Louisiana chat thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #771
cr2596
Lieutenant
4
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: '01 M5 + '89 325i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

iTrader: (0)

Some of us will be at NOLA Motorsports Park, this Saturday, for the Ferrari French Quarter Classic. You NO people should make the short trip to hear some V8 and V12 magic.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #772
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
489
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baton Rouge

iTrader: (0)

I love Hooters boiled garlic shrimp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
wow!!!! I've been gone off here for to long. To much to read when you have to read 2 pages lol.

Welcome Michael. My thoughts on your situation. If you are looking for power and luxury pleasure then def go with the Benz....if you looking for power and fun...GT-R. I guess since you are an amenities person you are already leaning more to the Benz.

As for the meet, I think the twin peaks meet is cool, but sometimes smaller meets are better. Gives time for everyone to get a little better acquainted. I'm down for a meet in NOLA either weekend. Even though next weekend would be better. But if we do a meet it'll be good if we can make sure almost everyone can make it. Something like the Barbq (even though I came late) had a good turn out.

Twin Peaks is ok with food, can't really compare it to Hooters as Hooters basically only sale wings. The chicken fried steak/chicken is good and the nachos are awesome. But besides that the menu it pretty limited. And I think twin peaks have better beer specials
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #773
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
489
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baton Rouge

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
Some of us will be at NOLA Motorsports Park, this Saturday, for the Ferrari French Quarter Classic. You NO people should make the short trip to hear some V8 and V12 magic.
+1

Hoping to get some nice pics!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #774
Onurleft
Captain
Onurleft's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: RPM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Baton Rouge and Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Clayton are going to sign up for the NASA track weekend or PCA the weekend after? Both are going to be awesome
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #775
cr2596
Lieutenant
4
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: '01 M5 + '89 325i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

iTrader: (0)

Nah, there arent enough instructors. I don't want to go out there and piss people off. Im trying to get in the PCA DE so I can have an instructor.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #776
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Yodaime's Avatar
Vietnam
56
Rep
3,402
Posts

 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
Some of us will be at NOLA Motorsports Park, this Saturday, for the Ferrari French Quarter Classic. You NO people should make the short trip to hear some V8 and V12 magic.
LOL Been going son and also racing Sunday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #777
achenator
Lieutenant
9
Rep
540
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 GT-R, 2011 F150 FX4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Anybody going on Friday to NOLAmotor?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #778
cronus
3 pedals
cronus's Avatar
0
Rep
97
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Orleans

iTrader: (0)

Will one of you please buy the Lime Rock M3 in the Peake showroom and sell it to me once you're bored with it?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #779
Onurleft
Captain
Onurleft's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: RPM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Baton Rouge and Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Wow I need new rear seat bolts I am going to check it out when i'm there for sure
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #780
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
489
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baton Rouge

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronus View Post
Will one of you please buy the Lime Rock M3 in the Peake showroom and sell it to me once you're bored with it?
What are they pricing it at now?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #781
cr2596
Lieutenant
4
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: '01 M5 + '89 325i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronus View Post
Will one of you please buy the Lime Rock M3 in the Peake showroom and sell it to me once you're bored with it?
That car is a travesty. A bad day for BMW when that was announced.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #782
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
ACEE's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
3,655
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, La

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
hey ya'll I don't have professional pics, but here is a pic of what the car looks like. Just got wheels and they will be up for sell if any one wants them
Attached Images
    
__________________
MSport front// Hamann Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// COBB AP// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 19" K3Projekt IND EV-5 wheels // Goodyear Asymmetric Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS

Last edited by ACEE; 10-25-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #783
Onurleft
Captain
Onurleft's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: RPM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Baton Rouge and Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Yeah kinda a marketing bs move. It only offers standard equipment that you can option on any ZCP, including the color. They really choked it not offering a lightweight version with bigger brakes.
But cool because it is cereal numbered and VIN'd unique and it is the rarest M3 offering in the U.S in this body style. I've got to see it so I can see Fire Orange in person.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #784
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Yodaime's Avatar
Vietnam
56
Rep
3,402
Posts

 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
Yeah kinda a marketing bs move. It only offers standard equipment that you can option on any ZCP, including the color. They really choked it not offering a lightweight version with bigger brakes.
But cool because it is cereal numbered and VIN'd unique and it is the rarest M3 offering in the U.S in this body style. I've got to see it so I can see Fire Orange in person.
M3 GTS son!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #785
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
489
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baton Rouge

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
Yeah kinda a marketing bs move. It only offers standard equipment that you can option on any ZCP, including the color. They really choked it not offering a lightweight version with bigger brakes.
But cool because it is cereal numbered and VIN'd unique and it is the rarest M3 offering in the U.S in this body style. I've got to see it so I can see Fire Orange in person.
Not even serial numbered... Each cars has the "1 of 200" plague inside. So there are 200 "#1" cars being brought over.

The only saving grace is "if" someone wanted to option that car and order it straight from the catalogue, they'll be saving a few bucks buying the Lime Rock edition. But in reality, how many people would purposely pay more (individual pricing) for Fire Orange? 200? I guess we'll find out...

Seeing as how the body style and engine are both being retired, they could of made some truly collectible cars by offering a "true" special edition M3 that either (or all combined) had a moderate weight reduction, different engine tune (I'm willing to give up the battle for the 4.4L engine since BMW just will not give us their "sweet" engines...), and exhaust. If you knock off the Fire Orange color (say you go with blue...), put an engine tune that bumps it up to say 430- 440 HP and charge that same mark-up that the paint would get those cars would not even sit in the showroom...

All of those things could be done rather easily without having to modify the assembly line or other cost adding measures. But instead, they go and toss all that effort at the 1M, and just decide to add more options that few people bought (either due to their already high mark-up or better aftermarket offerings) to the M3 as its swan song...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #786
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronus View Post
Will one of you please buy the Lime Rock M3 in the Peake showroom and sell it to me once you're bored with it?
Peake got a lime rock over Brian Harris? I'm surprised Louisiana even got one at all. There's only 200 and not every dealership is eligible to receive one
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #787
achenator
Lieutenant
9
Rep
540
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 GT-R, 2011 F150 FX4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Peake got a lime rock over Brian Harris? I'm surprised Louisiana even got one at all. There's only 200 and not every dealership is eligible to receive one
Probably not every dealership wanted one.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #788
cd3
Lieutenant
cd3's Avatar
4
Rep
418
Posts

 
Drives: e90 e46
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: la

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achenator View Post
Anybody going on Friday to NOLAmotor?
I'll be there Friday and Saturday
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #789
Sara504
Banned
United_States
351
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd3 View Post
I'll be there Friday and Saturday
I wish I could go
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #790
str8nm
Major
str8nm's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baton Rouge

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
What do you say guys? Lets put together a New Orleans meet for the new member, Michael.

Id be down for something this Sunday or next. Starbucks, Chilis, Hooters, yall throw out what everybody wants to do.
Gosh, get a room already
__________________
"Apology accepted..."
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #791
str8nm
Major
str8nm's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baton Rouge

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
Doc...

GTR
E90 M3

If you want to spend 55k on something used with tons of potential.

M4 if you want to spend 70+ and wait another year minimum.

Based on everything you've said about your car I would ditch it for sure. Plus it has been wrecked, even though it wasn't your fault you do not want a wrecked car if you can just give it back and get another one with a clear history. Also it sounds like you just want to be more involved in the sportiness-ness and in that case i'd suggest the M3. It's a screamer. Oh and the family will benefit from the extra doors.
My car was never wrecked...someone broke out a rear window. I prefer the look of a coupe but thats not super important. The M4 will have an I6 with two turbos so I guess the V8 is going extinct. I need to drive a tuned M3...anyone around here have a tuned M3 with DCT...will not buy a manual car (lazy old guy disease)
__________________
"Apology accepted..."
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #792
cr2596
Lieutenant
4
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: '01 M5 + '89 325i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
LOL Been going son and also racing Sunday.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel View Post
Not even serial numbered... Each cars has the "1 of 200" plague inside. So there are 200 "#1" cars being brought over.

The only saving grace is "if" someone wanted to option that car and order it straight from the catalogue, they'll be saving a few bucks buying the Lime Rock edition. But in reality, how many people would purposely pay more (individual pricing) for Fire Orange? 200? I guess we'll find out...

Seeing as how the body style and engine are both being retired, they could of made some truly collectible cars by offering a "true" special edition M3 that either (or all combined) had a moderate weight reduction, different engine tune (I'm willing to give up the battle for the 4.4L engine since BMW just will not give us their "sweet" engines...), and exhaust. If you knock off the Fire Orange color (say you go with blue...), put an engine tune that bumps it up to say 430- 440 HP and charge that same mark-up that the paint would get those cars would not even sit in the showroom...

All of those things could be done rather easily without having to modify the assembly line or other cost adding measures. But instead, they go and toss all that effort at the 1M, and just decide to add more options that few people bought (either due to their already high mark-up or better aftermarket offerings) to the M3 as its swan song...
This.

Oooooo, we get a plaque. Hooray!! Here is a bunch more money. Thank you so much.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
toddlovesboys

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST