E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Official Louisiana chat thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #1761
Wankel
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Orleans

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mkah View Post
I want to sign up so bad. I have a test the following day, so we will see.
Your professor must hate his students. Monday test after St. Patrick's weekend!!

Get your studying done early then review Sunday night. It's probably best that way instead of last minute cramming on Sunday.
Wankel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #1762
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,269
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankel View Post
You guys are having on the track while I'm stuck working my ass off! My day will come....March 17 NOLA MSP
I'll be there instructing.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #1763
Mkah
Motorsports
 
Mkah's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 555
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankel View Post
Your professor must hate his students. Monday test after St. Patrick's weekend!!

Get your studying done early then review Sunday night. It's probably best that way instead of last minute cramming on Sunday.
Yeah, I plan on getting it all done well in advance. Hopefully I'll be out there with you and Todd.
__________________
2008 335i | 1995 M3
Mkah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #1764
abaynh1
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BR/NOLA

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mkah View Post
Yeah, I plan on getting it all done well in advance. Hopefully I'll be out there with you and Todd.
I can't wait until I graduate and have time/money to go to the track. I miss it bad.
abaynh1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #1765
Mkah
Motorsports
 
Mkah's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 555
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaynh1 View Post
I can't wait until I graduate and have time/money to go to the track. I miss it bad.
And then you'll probably wish you were in school again... its a vicious cycle.
__________________
2008 335i | 1995 M3
Mkah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #1766
abaynh1
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BR/NOLA

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mkah View Post
And then you'll probably wish you were in school again... its a vicious cycle.
haha not law school my friend...

Undergrad yes haha
abaynh1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #1767
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
 
ACEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, La

Posts: 3,420
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
Alex how is your new finish holding???
__________________
MSport front// CPS Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 20" Vossen CV5 // Vredestein Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
ACEE is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #1768
abaynh1
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BR/NOLA

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
Alex how is your new finish holding???
Still looks great even after they decided to tear up the streets in front of my house and i drove on dirt roads for 3-4 weeks. Have some clay stuck on the car that Andrew is going to help me get off. I'm very impressed with how much care he puts into each individual car. Great guy and great results.
abaynh1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #1769
Wankel
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Orleans

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
I'll be there instructing.
I wonder who my instructor will be. You must have a lot of track time under your belt!
Wankel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #1770
Wankel
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Orleans

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mkah View Post
And then you'll probably wish you were in school again... its a vicious cycle.
You're right about that. There are many times I wish I was in school again.
Wankel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #1771
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,269
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankel View Post
I wonder who my instructor will be. You must have a lot of track time under your belt!
Yeah I've been a few different tracks a few times haha. Have you gotten your instructor assignment yet? I think I'll get my student assigned tomorrow. Do you have previous track experience?
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #1772
Wankel
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Orleans

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
Yeah I've been a few different tracks a few times haha. Have you gotten your instructor assignment yet? I think I'll get my student assigned tomorrow. Do you have previous track experience?
I didn't get my instructor assignment yet. This will be my 3rd DE. First at Circuit Grand Bayou, and the second at NOLA Motorsports. They are placing me in the Blue group.
Wankel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #1773
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
 
ACEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, La

Posts: 3,420
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaynh1 View Post
Still looks great even after they decided to tear up the streets in front of my house and i drove on dirt roads for 3-4 weeks. Have some clay stuck on the car that Andrew is going to help me get off. I'm very impressed with how much care he puts into each individual car. Great guy and great results.
Awesome...yeah I'm going to let him do mine later this year. I have a really big car show in October, so I'm going to let him detail it probably the mid september or something.
__________________
MSport front// CPS Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 20" Vossen CV5 // Vredestein Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
ACEE is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #1774
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,269
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankel View Post
I didn't get my instructor assignment yet. This will be my 3rd DE. First at Circuit Grand Bayou, and the second at NOLA Motorsports. They are placing me in the Blue group.
Oh alright awesome, well it should be a good time.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #1775
aa87
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Shreveport, LA

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

And not even 2 weeks of ownership, I get rear-ended by someone without insurance in a Ford Excursion. My luck...

Any Shreveport experience with any local body shops. I know Orr BMW here doesn't have a body shop, but I may go to them and see where they send their work to get done.

Also considering going maybe CSL trunk or Amuse trunk and aftermarket diffuser...any thoughts?




Thankfully, doesnt look like any damage to the quarterpanels, hit was just dead center, moved the trunk latch and bent the trunk.
aa87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #1776
abaynh1
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BR/NOLA

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa87 View Post
And not even 2 weeks of ownership, I get rear-ended by someone without insurance in a Ford Excursion. My luck...

Any Shreveport experience with any local body shops. I know Orr BMW here doesn't have a body shop, but I may go to them and see where they send their work to get done.

Also considering going maybe CSL trunk or Amuse trunk and aftermarket diffuser...any thoughts?




Thankfully, doesnt look like any damage to the quarterpanels, hit was just dead center, moved the trunk latch and bent the trunk.
Sorry to hear about that. Doesn't look too bad though. Def go with the CSL trunk.

gunna take 'em to court? I'm in law school I have to ask haha
abaynh1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #1777
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

Flying in tonight. See y'all soon!
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #1778
aa87
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Shreveport, LA

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaynh1 View Post
Sorry to hear about that. Doesn't look too bad though. Def go with the CSL trunk.

gunna take 'em to court? I'm in law school I have to ask haha

My friends dad is a lawyer in town, he keeps telling me to go through him. I fortunately have uninsured motorist coverage, so insurance is taking care of it. If things dont work my way ill go that alternate route. In medical school up here hehe. gotta love the professional schools.
aa87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #1779
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
 
ACEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, La

Posts: 3,420
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa87 View Post
And not even 2 weeks of ownership, I get rear-ended by someone without insurance in a Ford Excursion. My luck...

Any Shreveport experience with any local body shops. I know Orr BMW here doesn't have a body shop, but I may go to them and see where they send their work to get done.

Also considering going maybe CSL trunk or Amuse trunk and aftermarket diffuser...any thoughts?




Thankfully, doesnt look like any damage to the quarterpanels, hit was just dead center, moved the trunk latch and bent the trunk.
man that sucks!!!! I personally like the CSL a little better then the Amuse. Hope everything works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335vnm View Post
Flying in tonight. See y'all soon!
how long are you going to be here for?
__________________
MSport front// CPS Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 20" Vossen CV5 // Vredestein Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
ACEE is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #1780
str8nm
Major
 
str8nm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335is DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 1,105
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaynh1 View Post
I can't wait until I graduate and have time/money to go to the track. I miss it bad.
Ha Ha Ha... that's funny...You kids...
__________________
"Apology accepted..."
str8nm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #1781
Mkah
Motorsports
 
Mkah's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 555
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa87 View Post
My friends dad is a lawyer in town, he keeps telling me to go through him. I fortunately have uninsured motorist coverage, so insurance is taking care of it. If things dont work my way ill go that alternate route. In medical school up here hehe. gotta love the professional schools.
I have a sister who goes there, I would guess that you know each other. I might even know you haha

Were you at match day today?
__________________
2008 335i | 1995 M3

Last edited by Mkah; 03-15-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Mkah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #1782
aa87
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Shreveport, LA

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Ah, possibly, I decided to skip match day today, we have an endocrine exam coming up - 2nd year problems. What year is your sister, school is small enough that alot of people know each other.

Match day is a beautiful site at the hospital, 8 stores of people looking over glass balconies with no frame structure, scares the shit out of me.
aa87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
toddlovesboys

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST