E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > BT Cable/Flash

Yesterday, 08:46 AM   #1
mex2309
Private First Class

Drives: '10 335i MSport X-Drive AW

BT Cable/Flash

Getting a JB4 soon and I want to get the Backend flash done. I'm from South Central PA, however not too many guys up here have 335's.

Can anybody in northern MD flash this or let me borrow a BT cable for a small fee?
      Yesterday, 10:23 AM   #2
icenight
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mex2309 View Post
Getting a JB4 soon and I want to get the Backend flash done. I'm from South Central PA, however not too many guys up here have 335's.

Can anybody in northern MD flash this or let me borrow a BT cable for a small fee?
what backend flash are you talking bout? Never heard of it.
      Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #3
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight View Post
what backend flash are you talking bout? Never heard of it.
you're kidding right?!?!?! its been out for over a year and a half

B!mmer B**st free Backend Flash

i used the ! and the 0's or ** because this site strips out the name of a competitor's site most of the time. replace with two O's

G5 ISO|BMS Flash|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
bigdaddycane is offline   United_States
      Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #4
icenight
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycane View Post
you're kidding right?!?!?! its been out for over a year and a half

B!mmer B**st free Backend Flash

i used the ! and the 0's or ** because this site strips out the name of a competitor's site most of the time. replace with two O's
I haven't had my car very long. I've heard people mention it on here but have never looked it up. What exactly is it and what does it give you? I've heard of the JB4 and COBB (not a flash i know) and the ALPINA but no idea what the backend does.
      Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #5
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
The COBB AP is a real flash and probably the best one on the market. The BB flash is a free flash that was created by a group of individuals that have knowledge of the BMW DME and how to flash it properly, but does not have the R&D put into it as the COBB does. The BB Flash can work as a standalone (see WEDGE's versions) or in conjunction with the JB4 G5 iso. In the case when it is used with the JB4 G5, the BB flash controls the fueling, ignition, and timing and the JB4 controls the boost, which is a very good thing.

Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #6
mex2309
Private First Class

Drives: '10 335i MSport X-Drive AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycane View Post
The COBB AP is a real flash and probably the best one on the market. The BB flash is a free flash that was created by a group of individuals that have knowledge of the BMW DME and how to flash it properly, but does not have the R&D put into it as the COBB does. The BB Flash can work as a standalone (see WEDGE's versions) or in conjunction with the JB4 G5 iso. In the case when it is used with the JB4 G5, the BB flash controls the fueling, ignition, and timing and the JB4 controls the boost, which is a very good thing.
Great explanation. Which BMS are you running?
      Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #7
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
I'm currently running the BMS Backend Pump Flash with the JB4 G5 iso on Map 5. I will be installing a new fuel injector in cyl 1 due to the original one going bad and will be switching to a Wedge Pump Flash to try something different. The bad injector has been hampering performance for a few months now and I am chomping at the bit to get it replaced and try a new flash. I may work with WEDGE to customize a tune for my car depending how the initial pump flash goes. I do want to try the COBB AP as well, but dont have the extra money to throw around as I am spending money fixing up my house.