E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Official NorCal Chat Thread (#11)



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #2443
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
jvsxn's Avatar
 
Drives: daily
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
Hm. The username sounded cool in my head...
__________________
Hiatus
jvsxn is offline   United_States
0
      11-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #2444
Route 16
I got lei'd
 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

Posts: 3,715
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie90 View Post
Hm. The username sounded cool in my head...
I thought it was someone mimicking your avatar. Your cars not junk.
Route 16 is offline   Philippines
0
      11-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #2445
JS-NA.E92
Major
 
JS-NA.E92's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' NA E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (5)

How do you change your username? I might want to change mines cuz it sounds crappy.
JS-NA.E92 is offline   United_States
0
      11-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #2446
Route 16
I got lei'd
 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

Posts: 3,715
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
How do you change your username? I might want to change mines cuz it sounds crappy.
Go to customize profile then on the upper left it'll say change username. Once you change you have to wait 90 days to change again if you want.
Route 16 is offline   Philippines
0
      11-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #2447
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
jvsxn's Avatar
 
Drives: daily
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
I thought it was someone mimicking your avatar. Your cars not junk.
It's not meant to be read like that! E90junkie but I played on the E so one E is used for the e in e90 and junkie. Fml lol
__________________
Hiatus
jvsxn is offline   United_States
0
      11-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #2448
JS-NA.E92
Major
 
JS-NA.E92's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' NA E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Go to customize profile then on the upper left it'll say change username. Once you change you have to wait 90 days to change again if you want.
Thanks Jason, your name was different back then also it was like Red Devil. I don't remember the exact name but it was something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie90 View Post
It's not meant to be read like that! E90junkie but I played on the E so one E is used for the e in e90 and junkie. Fml lol
Lol, looks like all you did was take away the T and Y in your last name and added IE90 at the end. But for some reason your new name still sounds like Munkey
JS-NA.E92 is offline   United_States
0
      11-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #2449
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
jvsxn's Avatar
 
Drives: daily
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
Thanks Jason, your name was different back then also it was like Red Devil. I don't remember the exact name but it was something like that.


Lol, looks like all you did was take away the T and Y in your last name and added IE90 at the end. But for some reason your new name still sounds like Munkey
It does! Lol.. How's everyone's TG?
__________________
Hiatus
jvsxn is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #2450
Route 16
I got lei'd
 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

Posts: 3,715
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
Thanks Jason, your name was different back then also it was like Red Devil. I don't remember the exact name but it was something like that.
Yeah dude, yoko kai, 90 days later yo.hi.red.devil. 90 days later, Route 16, I'm done haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie90 View Post
It does! Lol.. How's everyone's TG?
Typical, met up with the in-laws and ignored each other. Met a kid said "oh I'm sponsored by weksos", shows me his car and it's a stock integra, I was like "niiice".

Thinking of license plate names I was thinking of how to put Unsponsored. Then I thought if I was cool, make a group called "Officially Unsponsored", cuz nobody gave us shit to mod our cars. Random thought of the day.
Edit:
$500 shipped for ST8 LM reps? Should I?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773412

Last edited by Route 16; 11-23-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Route 16 is offline   Philippines
0
      11-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #2451
Chrispy650
Lieutenant
 
Chrispy650's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SoCal (Irvine)

Posts: 494
iTrader: (2)

Clayed the car today and topped it off with zaino products. It's been a looong time since I've detailed the car. Feels good lol.
Chrispy650 is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #2452
sourphish
Major
 
Drives: '07 335i E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berkeley and San Gabriel, CA

Posts: 1,467
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Can anybody help give me suggestions as to what my problem might be?
Just started happening tonight...If I pick up speeds above 65mph on the freeway, I start hearing a thumping noise (slightly higher pitched, but not quite high like a ticking sound) that sounds to either be coming from the engine bay or slightly below me. The frequency of the noise increases as the speed increases, but not with RPM. This only happens at 65+ mph and doesn't matter if there are bumps in the road or not. At first, I thought I had caught something in my grills or the bottom of the car and was dragging something or my tires were screwed up but those don't seem to be the problem.

I don't feel any vibrations in the steering wheel and I don't think I feel it through any of the pedals. I'm 6MT btw. Could it be bad engine mounts or something?
__________________
2007 E92 335i, 6MT, Sparking Graphite, ZPP, ZSP, Nav, Logic7
sourphish is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #2453
Grant@JGMODS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: JGMODS, Inc

Posts: 491
iTrader: (0)

I guess Alexis and I were the only ones willing to the attend the Halo 4 meet last night....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourphish View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Can anybody help give me suggestions as to what my problem might be?
Just started happening tonight...If I pick up speeds above 65mph on the freeway, I start hearing a thumping noise (slightly higher pitched, but not quite high like a ticking sound) that sounds to either be coming from the engine bay or slightly below me. The frequency of the noise increases as the speed increases, but not with RPM. This only happens at 65+ mph and doesn't matter if there are bumps in the road or not. At first, I thought I had caught something in my grills or the bottom of the car and was dragging something or my tires were screwed up but those don't seem to be the problem.

I don't feel any vibrations in the steering wheel and I don't think I feel it through any of the pedals. I'm 6MT btw. Could it be bad engine mounts or something?
Ouch. Is it only making noise or is the ride pretty bumpy as well? There could possibly be something small just flying around in there or something like a dropped little screw or something. Don't quote me on that though. If you can, you should just take it into a shop and have them check things out for you.
Grant@JGMODS is offline  
0
      11-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #2454
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
 
manutdas11's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

Posts: 1,175
iTrader: (0)

I guess Grant and I were the only ones to show up for that Halo 4 meet last night.


Jason, you changed your SN? smh
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
manutdas11 is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #2455
JS-NA.E92
Major
 
JS-NA.E92's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' NA E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (5)



I'm tired as hell from all this Black Friday but anything going on tonight?
JS-NA.E92 is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #2456
JGMODS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
JGMODS's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

Posts: 5,152
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
James come to hotspot and anyone else who's bored
__________________
JGMODS is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #2457
Chrispy650
Lieutenant
 
Chrispy650's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SoCal (Irvine)

Posts: 494
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS View Post
James come to hotspot and anyone else who's bored
too farrr
Chrispy650 is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #2458
Route 16
I got lei'd
 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

Posts: 3,715
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS View Post
James come to hotspot and anyone else who's bored
Too far too.
Route 16 is offline   Philippines
0
      11-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #2459
JS-NA.E92
Major
 
JS-NA.E92's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' NA E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS
James come to hotspot and anyone else who's bored
To far and I don't wanna drive long distance till I get my new tires.
JS-NA.E92 is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #2460
JGMODS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
JGMODS's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

Posts: 5,152
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
Fail...
__________________
JGMODS is offline   United_States
0
      11-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #2461
Route 16
I got lei'd
 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

Posts: 3,715
iTrader: (21)

Krispy Kreme?
Route 16 is offline   Philippines
0
      11-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #2462
JDane07
Major
 
JDane07's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Napa, CA

Posts: 1,310
iTrader: (2)

So good news is I might have fixed my headlight. About a week ago during the rain I noticed there was a big water-sealed cap on the back of the headlight that had two clips left unclipped. I've always assumed the reseal of the headlights was to blame for the condensation issues, so I didn't think twice when I clipped the cap on again. Well, when I did that, I trapped all that condensation in the headlight...it had no where to go, and even when they were left in the sun the condensation would remain.
Well tonight I took the cap off, used a hairdryer for a few seconds and every bit of condensation left the headlight through the back.
I'm gonna leave the light out for a day or two to just be sure and let everything dry out.

It appears I might not have to send the lights down to BavX after all
__________________
OEM Mtech | Eurotek LM | Performance Exhaust | AA Tune | ST Coilovers | MMW Catless Headers | Euro BavX LS3 | Blacklines | CF diffuser, Performance Spoiler, Front splitters | Other goodies here and there...
Coming very soon: ??? // Eurobox
Recent Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...NE07+vineyards
JDane07 is offline   United_States
0
      11-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #2463
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
 
manutdas11's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

Posts: 1,175
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post


I'm tired as hell from all this Black Friday but anything going on tonight?
Right? Right? JK Jason...not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS View Post
James come to hotspot and anyone else who's bored
Damn. I would've so gone, but I just now got off work.
Hopefully soon I'll make the drive down and we can all go Go-Kart or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Krispy Kreme?


Quote:
Originally Posted by JDane07 View Post
So good news is I might have fixed my headlight. About a week ago during the rain I noticed there was a big water-sealed cap on the back of the headlight that had two clips left unclipped. I've always assumed the reseal of the headlights was to blame for the condensation issues, so I didn't think twice when I clipped the cap on again. Well, when I did that, I trapped all that condensation in the headlight...it had no where to go, and even when they were left in the sun the condensation would remain.
Well tonight I took the cap off, used a hairdryer for a few seconds and every bit of condensation left the headlight through the back.
I'm gonna leave the light out for a day or two to just be sure and let everything dry out.

It appears I might not have to send the lights down to BavX after all
Nice!! If it is that, then it'll save you some money and extra worries.
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
manutdas11 is offline   United_States
0
      11-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #2464
Route 16
I got lei'd
 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

Posts: 3,715
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDane07 View Post
It appears I might not have to send the lights down to BavX after all
Can I use the money to upgrade mine then? Haha
The wifey went out to cruise til she got tired, that's a first.
Route 16 is offline   Philippines
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST