E90Post
 


Supreme Power Parts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Official NorCal Chat Thread (#11)



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #749
speed12sil
Private
United_States
1
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: P-Car
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS View Post
Tirerack is always a good place to start Get a general idea of price range you may spend for the tires you're after.

-Jay
Oh thanks for the suggestion. I've already checked tirerack and I'd prefer to buy the tires from a shop/have them mount instead of ordering them from Tirerack/shipped to shop and mount.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #750
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,212
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey View Post
Haha I liked it when it first came out but now there's so many stupid shit on there.
hahaha Yeah! I went on there and was like: WTF?! haha
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #751
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
jvsxn's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,726
Posts

Drives: e-ninety
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12sil View Post
No no I mean I want to buy new tires for the 328 in my sig. I'm not that brave to buy used tires, and I have no idea which stores the regulars here use for new tires. The car came with those OEM RE050A RFT and I want some none-RFTs so.
I've bought a couple of used sets and so far they've served their purpose and I'm still alive

Yeah, those rft sucks dude.. I'm going back to my oem wheels with those rft for fall/winter. What type of tires are you looking for besides non-rfts.

Edit: Since you're in SJ, stop by SpeedElement. I was just there today getting a price on tires too.
__________________
Hiatus
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #752
speed12sil
Private
United_States
1
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: P-Car
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey View Post
I've bought a couple of used sets and so far they've served their purpose and I'm still alive

Yeah, those rft sucks dude.. I'm going back to my oem wheels with those rft for fall/winter. What type of tires are you looking for besides non-rfts.

Edit: Since you're in SJ, stop by SpeedElement. I was just there today getting a price on tires too.
Sorry didn't mean to insult you about the used tires if I sounded that way

I figured since it's my weekend car(my DD is a camry yay) I want to put some grippy tires on them. Either the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec or the Yoko AD-08 since those are less expensive than the RFTs and actually grip better. I know they kind of suck in terms of treadwear but since I know I don't drive that much on weekends it should last me 3 years or more.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #753
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
jvsxn's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,726
Posts

Drives: e-ninety
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to jvsxn
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
hahaha Yeah! I went on there and was like: WTF?! haha
Right?! Haha. Hey, I'm trying to gather input from people who rocked or is currently rockin' ST coils. How's the drive? Anyone wished they've gotten coils that allowed dampening? That's my main concern right now because the sport shocks+H&R springs aren't cutting it anymore..

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12sil View Post
Sorry didn't mean to insult you about the used tires if I sounded that way

I figured since it's my weekend car(my DD is a camry yay) I want to put some grippy tires on them. Either the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec or the Yoko AD-08 since those are less expensive than the RFTs and actually grip better. I know they kind of suck in terms of treadwear but since I know I don't drive that much on weekends it should last me 3 years or more.
Haha naah, you didnt!
I've never driven any of those tires but you should check out the Wheel&Tire section if you still need help!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Good luck, man!
__________________
Hiatus
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #754
BKap08
Colonel
BKap08's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,690
Posts

Drives: LCI
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

iphone 5 or galaxy s3, hmmmmmm
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #755
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,212
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Why not both! Fack it! haha
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #756
BKap08
Colonel
BKap08's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,690
Posts

Drives: LCI
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Why not both! Fack it! haha
haha ive been an iphone guy from the start but that 4.8 inch screen on the S3 is tempting me. I guess ill know after Apples press conference tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #757
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,212
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
haha ive been an iphone guy from the start but that 4.8 inch screen on the S3 is tempting me. I guess ill know after Apples press conference tomorrow
Oh that's tomorrow!? haha nice!
Yeah, I just got a 4s when It came out because I was tired of my Droid tweeking out. But meehhh, I just use em to call and text so I'm good with whatevers haha
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:40 AM   #758
speed12sil
Private
United_States
1
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: P-Car
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
iphone 5 or galaxy s3, hmmmmmm
I had a company iphone 4 and I'm looking forward to finally getting my own smartphone. Yeah I'm one of the few people who still stuck with only a voice plan and no data plan
Oh yeah I'd get the Iphone 5 since I think the S3's screen just makes the phone too large.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #759
speed12sil
Private
United_States
1
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: P-Car
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey View Post
Haha naah, you didnt!
I've never driven any of those tires but you should check out the Wheel&Tire section if you still need help!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Good luck, man!
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 02:51 AM   #760
Grant@JGMODS
6
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: JGMODS, Inc

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12sil View Post
Thanks!!
...I just noticed your join date. You're basically an OG lurker. I mean that in a...why haven't we seen you at meets?! haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #761
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,212
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@JGMODS View Post
...I just noticed your join date. You're basically an OG lurker. I mean that in a...why haven't we seen you at meets?! haha.

LOL
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #762
speed12sil
Private
United_States
1
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: P-Car
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@JGMODS View Post
...I just noticed your join date. You're basically an OG lurker. I mean that in a...why haven't we seen you at meets?! haha.
What's an OG lurker?

Well I didn't have a bimmer before so it would foolish for me to show up at the meets...Now that I have one, I'll definitely show up

And yeah I don't post often, more sporadic depending on my schedule so. I know some ppl don't like lurkers very much so
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #763
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
120
Rep
3,708
Posts

Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12sil View Post
What's an OG lurker?

Well I didn't have a bimmer before so it would foolish for me to show up at the meets...Now that I have one, I'll definitely show up

And yeah I don't post often, more sporadic depending on my schedule so. I know some ppl don't like lurkers very much so
OG = You joined the forum when i first started 2005/2006
Lurker = you just watched and learned without engaging full on in convos.

It's not a negative thing at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #764
Grant@JGMODS
6
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: JGMODS, Inc

iTrader: (0)

What Jay said. I find it cool how you have less than 50 posts in the last 6 years. I thought Cookie didn't post much, but you beat him lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #765
Exzackt
Second Lieutenant
Exzackt's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: n54 e92 335i/e39 540i6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (2)

OEM M-aero package or Quaife LSD?? I really can't decide what is more valuable to me so I need some opinions. Ryan please chime in
__________________
2007 BSM 335i ZSP/ZPP l JB4 G5 ISO l E85 l BMS FLASH l METH l DCI l DPs l Twin BOVs l
Scoops l 18" Forgestar F14sl Koni Yellows l Swift Spec-R l GForce Rivals/Slicks l Quaife LSD
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #766
cookie295
First Lieutenant
cookie295's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exzackt
OEM M-aero package or Quaife LSD?? I really can't decide what is more valuable to me so I need some opinions. Ryan please chime in
LSD, if I could redo my car. I would do that. Too poor for any mods now for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #767
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
120
Rep
3,708
Posts

Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exzackt View Post
OEM M-aero package or Quaife LSD?? I really can't decide what is more valuable to me so I need some opinions. Ryan please chime in
I'm more of a cosmetic person so I would do the M Tech kit, Phong is more of the Performance junkie so he would do the LSD, Ryan is more of the baller so he just does Both.

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #768
speed12sil
Private
United_States
1
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: P-Car
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@JGMODS View Post
What Jay said. I find it cool how you have less than 50 posts in the last 6 years. I thought Cookie didn't post much, but you beat him lol.
I think I still don't know about a lot of things about E90s and BMWs in general and I figured I would learn about things by reading and only ask when I just can't find the answer and I must know. I think I'll post more often now that I have an E90 328i though
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #769
cookie295
First Lieutenant
cookie295's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12sil View Post
I think I still don't know about a lot of things about E90s and BMWs in general and I figured I would learn about things by reading and only ask when I just can't find the answer and I must know. I think I'll post more often now that I have an E90 328i though
I'm the same way. It's only been this year that I started to post a lot more.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #770
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
117
Rep
5,232
Posts

Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dark Side of the Moon

iTrader: (38)

Hola's, anyone know how to add a .gif file to show as my sig?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST