E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Any recommendation for Newbie in pohtotaking?

06-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
Andrewhl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435 Mpkg Xdrive

Any recommendation for Newbie in pohtotaking?

Hi guys
just get my 435 and I realize I really need a decent camera instead of using my iPhone

Any idea what kind of camera shall I begin with? I don't wanna spend too much on camera at the beginning stage. I used to have a Rx-1 of sony, but I barely used it and didn't bring it with me to Canada.

thx
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
CANGRKE70
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewhl View Post
Hi guys
just get my 435 and I realize I really need a decent camera instead of using my iPhone

Any idea what kind of camera shall I begin with? I don't wanna spend too much on camera at the beginning stage. I used to have a Rx-1 of sony, but I barely used it and didn't bring it with me to Canada.

thx
Hey welcome to Toronto, where you from originally? Try going to Black's they are having crazy going out of business sales on most of their products.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
ScottSinger
Captain
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Apple iPhone and chk out the apps the pros use
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
ekinnyc
Rep
Drives: '15 328xi

Quote:
Hi guys

thx
do you want a full-on DSLR? check out some of the APS-C systems (ie. Fuji) and micro 4/3 (olympus). one lesson i took for granted that i wish i hadn't was "invest in glass, not in the bodies" - technology gets old, but quality glass will never fade. i would even consider picking something up second hand from a reputable forum, such as Fred Miranda or POTN.
      06-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
eezeekial
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

I wouldve kept the RX1! Mirrorless will be the norm within 5 years as DSLR is already on its way out.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #6
Andrewhl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435 Mpkg Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70 View Post
Hey welcome to Toronto, where you from originally? Try going to Black's they are having crazy going out of business sales on most of their products.
Beijing,but I lived in Bayarea for a couple of years, and I went to Aden camera last week , get a 1dx, which I felt a bit hot-head decision ( the cost of camera +lens +my new 435 could almost get me a brand new M4)
But I really enjoy the camera by far, and shooting cars on the road is really,just have to do more homework on the camera
fun
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #7
CANGRKE70
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Beijing,but I lived in Bayarea for a couple of years, and I went to Aden camera last week , get a 1dx, which I felt a bit hot-head decision ( the cost of camera +lens +my new 435 could almost get me a brand new M4)
But I really enjoy the camera by far, and shooting cars on the road is really,just have to do more homework on the camera
fun
Go down to Yorkville on a sunny day and you'll have lots of cars to shoot in front of Hemingway's.
Appreciate 0