E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Any recommendation for Newbie in pohtotaking?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
Andrewhl
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 435 Mpkg Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Any recommendation for Newbie in pohtotaking?

Hi guys
just get my 435 and I realize I really need a decent camera instead of using my iPhone

Any idea what kind of camera shall I begin with? I don't wanna spend too much on camera at the beginning stage. I used to have a Rx-1 of sony, but I barely used it and didn't bring it with me to Canada.

thx
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
CANGRKE70
Private
CANGRKE70's Avatar
Canada
100
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW X5
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewhl View Post
Hi guys
just get my 435 and I realize I really need a decent camera instead of using my iPhone

Any idea what kind of camera shall I begin with? I don't wanna spend too much on camera at the beginning stage. I used to have a Rx-1 of sony, but I barely used it and didn't bring it with me to Canada.

thx
Hey welcome to Toronto, where you from originally? Try going to Black's they are having crazy going out of business sales on most of their products.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
ScottSinger
Captain
54
Rep
893
Posts

Drives: M235i 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (0)

Apple iPhone and chk out the apps the pros use
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
ekinnyc
New Member
2
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: '15 328xi
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewhl View Post
Hi guys
just get my 435 and I realize I really need a decent camera instead of using my iPhone

Any idea what kind of camera shall I begin with? I don't wanna spend too much on camera at the beginning stage. I used to have a Rx-1 of sony, but I barely used it and didn't bring it with me to Canada.

thx
do you want a full-on DSLR? check out some of the APS-C systems (ie. Fuji) and micro 4/3 (olympus). one lesson i took for granted that i wish i hadn't was "invest in glass, not in the bodies" - technology gets old, but quality glass will never fade. i would even consider picking something up second hand from a reputable forum, such as Fred Miranda or POTN.
__________________
'15 Mineral Grey F30 328xi
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
eezeekial
Private
0
Rep
97
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cajun Country

iTrader: (1)

I wouldve kept the RX1! Mirrorless will be the norm within 5 years as DSLR is already on its way out.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #6
Andrewhl
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 435 Mpkg Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70 View Post
Hey welcome to Toronto, where you from originally? Try going to Black's they are having crazy going out of business sales on most of their products.
Beijing,but I lived in Bayarea for a couple of years, and I went to Aden camera last week , get a 1dx, which I felt a bit hot-head decision ( the cost of camera +lens +my new 435 could almost get me a brand new M4)
But I really enjoy the camera by far, and shooting cars on the road is really,just have to do more homework on the camera
fun
__________________
Current: 2015 435 Xdrive(Canada)
Acura TSX(China)
Previous:2011 Z4(California)
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #7
CANGRKE70
Private
CANGRKE70's Avatar
Canada
100
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW X5
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewhl View Post
Beijing,but I lived in Bayarea for a couple of years, and I went to Aden camera last week , get a 1dx, which I felt a bit hot-head decision ( the cost of camera +lens +my new 435 could almost get me a brand new M4)
But I really enjoy the camera by far, and shooting cars on the road is really,just have to do more homework on the camera
fun
Go down to Yorkville on a sunny day and you'll have lots of cars to shoot in front of Hemingway's.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST