E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Door Card Help!!

12-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
brettp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d (E92)Coupe M Sport

Door Card Help!!

You know one of those days where you wish you had not even started a job. I bought a tweeter set so decided to fit them as it is a reasonable day. took the door card off without issue, re fitted with a bit of messing. However, I locked the car and noticed that the (what on earth do you call it) the little part that sticks up when the vehicle is unlocked.

When I refitted the door card, it just doesn't seem to stick up as much as the passenger, and when I lock the car, instead of being flush it now sits in and it is really annoying. I have taken the door card off once again but cannot see anywhere it adjusts or any reason why it doesn't sit flush again?

Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Dragon88
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320i M-Sport

Perhaps the door card isn't fully seated?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
brettp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d (E92)Coupe M Sport

Hi, Ive checked and everything seems to be in place in terms of the door card, all clips are lined up etc so think that is ok. Just at a total loss and its annoying me each time I look at it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
G-10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d M sport

The Part that's sticks out is bent. You must have closed the door and traped it against the b pillar at some point when the door card was of. Remove the door card and strighten the pin(looks a bit like a clothes hanger).
Appreciate 0