E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Another Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
chinoe92
Private
 
chinoe92's Avatar
 
Drives: single turbo e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: little rock,ar

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Another Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo!

UPDATE! just gotthe car shipped out to fftec motosports today! car should be in the shop on tuesday! pics on page 2

hi everyone! finally pulled the trigger today! just talked to michael at fftec and paid the deposit, car should ship out to fftec at the end of next week. big thanks to mike for anwering all the questions and patience! should be joining the single turbo family soon and i just wanted to know hows the car running from those people who had alredy running this set up. and my car's 6at im and im going with the 58mm

Last edited by chinoe92; 09-15-2012 at 11:16 PM.
chinoe92 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
BES335xi
Colonel
 
BES335xi's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO+ N54xi
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Queens, NYC

Posts: 2,133
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [0.50]
Sweet, GL. I'm sure it'll be a beast, and hopefully you'll provide us with some 1/4 mile traps or some 60-130 times/runs/vids or what not..
__________________
JB4+usb | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | Edibias/NCSExpert/INPA BMW Coding | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumper | Red Cyba Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | etc..
.
BES335xi is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
I have a 6AT Single with a 62mm. Runs great. Your making a great decision with this kit you will simply love it.
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
chinoe92
Private
 
chinoe92's Avatar
 
Drives: single turbo e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: little rock,ar

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
I have a 6AT Single with a 62mm. Runs great. Your making a great decision with this kit you will simply love it.
at first i wanted to get the 62mm but since my cars 6at mike told me it will suit the car better with 58mm...really wondering hows the car feels with 58mm and 62mm on a 6at. will it make same amount of power? more lag on 62mm? still not to late to go with the 62mm
chinoe92 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
62mm is making about 580-590whp on a dynojet, 58mm I think was about 560whp. There is still more in both turbos but the Tranny is limited. There is a little more lag with the 62mm, and still more testing to be done. I would stick with the 58mm until there is a way to upgrade the tranny and up the rev limit. It is insane fast you will love the 58mm. Hopefully Cupertino Steve chimes in he has a 58mm.
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
chinoe92
Private
 
chinoe92's Avatar
 
Drives: single turbo e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: little rock,ar

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
62mm is making about 580-590whp on a dynojet, 58mm I think was about 560whp. There is still more in both turbos but the Tranny is limited. There is a little more lag with the 62mm, and still more testing to be done. I would stick with the 58mm until there is a way to upgrade the tranny and up the rev limit. It is insane fast you will love the 58mm. Hopefully Cupertino Steve chimes in he has a 58mm.
thanks!! yeh for right now i think 58mm would be the best chioce and u can always upgrade them lol. im just hoping time will fly so i can really feel the power of that big snail and also did u upgrade ur open diff to lsd?
chinoe92 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #7
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
I have the following upgrades for performance

Suspension
TC Kline double adjustable dampers with Swift springs
Hotchkiss sway bars and x brace.
All M3 bits and subframe bushings/ Strut Brace
Rougue engineering rear toe arms.
Wavetrac LSD.

All of which I had completed before the Single Turbo. The only items after the Single
were. BBK and Differential bushings from Turner Motorsport
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
chinoe92
Private
 
chinoe92's Avatar
 
Drives: single turbo e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: little rock,ar

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
I have the following upgrades for performance

Suspension
TC Kline double adjustable dampers with Swift springs
Hotchkiss sway bars and x brace.
All M3 bits and subframe bushings/ Strut Brace
Rougue engineering rear toe arms.
Wavetrac LSD.

All of which I had completed before the Single Turbo. The only items after the Single
were. BBK and Differential bushings from Turner Motorsport
thanks alot for the reply, i have kw v3 hopefully that will be good enough to support the big single, and planing on getting lsd and bbk as well. we'll see how it goes.
chinoe92 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #9
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Kw V3's will work fine. You really only need the LSD at this time. If and when you start Tracking then u will need the bbk. Good luck Bro.
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
MikeB@fftec
Private First Class
 
MikeB@fftec's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Evo 8
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MikeB@fftec
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoe92 View Post
thanks alot for the reply, i have kw v3 hopefully that will be good enough to support the big single, and planing on getting lsd and bbk as well. we'll see how it goes.
The KW V3 are an extremely capable suspension. Every car I've driven with them has been very nice with good compliance and feed back.
MikeB@fftec is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
JamesM3M5
Some dude
 
Drives: E28 M5, E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 1,664
iTrader: (0)

Sweet, but we want to see some 60-130MPH times! The other forum is complaining that none of your single turbo guys have posted anything, but what I suspect is that you are all just enjoying the shit out of the cars and don't care what #s it will run at the strip or on an airstrip. Would be nice to see some high speed run comparos, since that's where the singles will shine over any of the upgraded twins.
__________________
RRT Racing
E92 335i/6MT Dinan Stage 3: intercooler, oil cooler, intake, flash, exhaust, LW dual-mass flywheel.
Vishnu PWM methanol custom trunk mount, Diffsonline 3-clutch Salisbury custom diff, Ohlins Road and Track coilovers, Vorshlag camber plates, much more...
E28 M5 w/ buncha stuff, R171 SLK350
JamesM3M5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
chinoe92
Private
 
chinoe92's Avatar
 
Drives: single turbo e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: little rock,ar

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB@fftec View Post
The KW V3 are an extremely capable suspension. Every car I've driven with them has been very nice with good compliance and feed back.
thanks mike! now all i need is lsd and bbk and come pick up my car ASAP!! lol
chinoe92 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
chinoe92
Private
 
chinoe92's Avatar
 
Drives: single turbo e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: little rock,ar

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
Sweet, but we want to see some 60-130MPH times! The other forum is complaining that none of your single turbo guys have posted anything, but what I suspect is that you are all just enjoying the shit out of the cars and don't care what #s it will run at the strip or on an airstrip. Would be nice to see some high speed run comparos, since that's where the singles will shine over any of the upgraded twins.
i will deff do some 60-130 pulls and some runs when the cars done and post up the videos so stay tune!
chinoe92 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #14
Dmacc
Colonel
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (1)

Are there only two 62mm MTs? Shiv's and Fbis's?
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Dmacc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #15
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Peninsula, SF Bay Area

Posts: 322
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Are there only two 62mm MTs? Shiv's and Fbis's?
Mine. Should be done this week. (fingers crossed)
__________________
FFTEC 6466 6mt 335i | FFTEC GTX3076R Evo IX
CaptainInsano is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
Dmacc
Colonel
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
Mine. Should be done this week. (fingers crossed)
That's what I like to hear
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Dmacc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #17
ichi_ban
Major
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: FL

Posts: 1,006
iTrader: (24)

Must be nice!
__________________
@FortumeMinds @ichi_ban
aG Automotive
ichi_ban is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
chinoe92
Private
 
chinoe92's Avatar
 
Drives: single turbo e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: little rock,ar

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
Mine. Should be done this week. (fingers crossed)
Good! get urs done so they can take my car in
chinoe92 is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #19
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Just did a Mexico pull against what seemed to be a stock GTR. Let's put it this way the GTR driver was surprised that I was hanging right on his bumper on the first run and ahead of him while he was stuck behind me on the second run. This car is a freight train on freeway pulls. I just wish I had my go pro. Can't wait for the next Shift Sector event.
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
kkashanchi
Second Lieutenant
 
kkashanchi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Irvine

Posts: 237
iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
Just did a Mexico pull against what seemed to be a stock GTR. Let's put it this way the GTR driver was surprised that I was hanging right on his bumper on the first run and ahead of him while he was stuck behind me on the second run. This car is a freight train on freeway pulls. I just wish I had my go pro. Can't wait for the next Shift Sector event.
wow to be honest I'd expect you to walk away from a gtr from a roll lol
not really impressed if the gtr was stock
kkashanchi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #21
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

Posts: 17,616
iTrader: (0)

Smile Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbos in Asia!

edit: ooopss.. i meant to start a new thread. Sorry for the hijack

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 08-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #22
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: 917-939-4980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,266
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Damn Shiv...You are one lucky guy. Looks like alot of fun. Enjoy the rest of the trip my friend...Thanks for the help with my car BTW!
__________________

Coding E and F New York 917-939-4980
cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST