E90Post

MaxcySpeed & Company

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Xenonhid4u vs Lux

08-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
BMaholic

Drives: BMW e92 320d m sport

Xenonhid4u vs Lux

Hi.

I've recently bought a bmw e92 320d m sport and one of the first mods will be to change the AEs. I've been looking around and found some on xenonhid4u (http://xenonhid4u.co.uk/browse-by-ma...non-white.html) but these seem similar to some other lights I've seen around (i.e. Cree) and the Cree ones are cheaper. I would like to know if a fellow forum member has come across these and if the difference between Lux and these is big.

Thanks for all the help.
BMaholic is offline   United Kingdom
      08-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

LOL, its amazing how people can make such absurd lies about their products. Those are Not 20W and they are Not 1200 lumen. Those are both marketing tricks to make their product sound better then it is.

Its been tested and proven that the LUX h8 V3 led angel eyes are still he brightest out there
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
      08-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
sixpot
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

What's the best price for the Lux bulbs in the UK?
      08-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
BMaholic

Drives: BMW e92 320d m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
LOL, its amazing how people can make such absurd lies about their products. Those are Not 20W and they are Not 1200 lumen. Those are both marketing tricks to make their product sound better then it is.

Its been tested and proven that the LUX h8 V3 led angel eyes are still he brightest out there
Exactly as I thought. I am not saying this because it's coming from you but because the research I've been doing about this also reflects what you have said. Even the text describing the product is copy/paste from the Lux website
BMaholic is offline   United Kingdom
      08-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Yoro35i
TROll

Drives: E92 335I M

have a read at this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720849

I think its better than the Overpriced lux's
MY08 E92 335i M Sport|Hexis wrap by Surrey Project |ETS Intercooler|VSRF Dp's|BMS OCC|BMC filter|CoBB AP tune|Eibach Pro's|EBC Yellow & Coolcarbons rear|Alpina AT Map|Michelin PSS|313 Cmwheels|CF grills,CF mirror,CF Performace spoiler|LCI ligth|CIC controller retrofit|Coming soon:B14 kit
Gone:Forged FMIC, Eisenmann Race Quad, Eisenmann Sport, Duke Dynamic Diffuser.
Yoro35i is offline   United Kingdom
      08-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
CarAbuser
Captain

Drives: E92 320d / E89 35i

There isn't much difference between the two.

Both will show photos in the shade and make claims about being the brightest.

The cree ones are good quality and cost far less so I would take them.
CarAbuser is offline   United Kingdom
      08-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #7
Guvernator
Captain

Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

All these aftermarker LED's will have a marked difference between the rings, the inner ones being much brighter than the outers. You can see this from the photo's but in real life they look even worse.

This isn't actually a problem with the LED's as such but more due to the crappy design of the pre-lci lights. Every LED replacement you buy will have the same issue. The LUX may be the brightest available but even they will only be about 10% brighter on the outer rings than most of the other decent LED options available now.

However I wouldn't recommend the LUX ones on principle as the price is a complete rip off to be honest. 200 odd quid for a couple of LED's, some plastic and some wiring is a p*ss take so my advice would be to buy one of the cheaper alternatives as they are near enough the same but you'll save yourself 100.
      08-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
jay127
Registered

Drives: M3

I've brought those ones from xenonhid4u.co.uk and they are probably the best markers I've used. I've been through a few and noticed on a sunny day no markers can be seen during the day, however I can see these ones during the day, fair enough no where near as bright as the facelift versions, but guess that's impossible!