E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Build Thread - E92 335D



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #89
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
You betcha Carlossss!
Is it on yet mate?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #90
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,750
iTrader: (4)

The thing with the ms-8 is that its quite tricky to get it configured properly, especially if you have a partially amped system. This is because the ms-8 level matches all speakers during calibration. So the key is to make sure all speakers are at the same "volume" during the calibration sweeps. You can adjust amp gains and use an SPL meter for this. Even better get similar efficiency rated speakers, this is one of the reasons i got all Morels for the front. But dont worry, once you start troubleshooting, you will get loads of help from people who've been through the same thing!

I've never heard the L7 components before so cant really give a fair comment. But I suspect the Morels would beat them hands down in SQ. This is because a fair number of people change from OEM/L7/Focals to Morels, and can hear the difference even with an ms-8. To me they sound amazing.

If you're going to use Logic7 processing on the ms-8 (which most people do as its so good) then your centre speaker is quite important. I used to have a cheap (but still decent) Vibe Slick 4 for my centre. Sounded decent but then i got a Morel Coax and SQ was so much better. For SQ, its better to go with Morels.

Having said that some people with the OEM Logic 7 system are happy with their speakers with an ms-8. Its a personal preference and up to you, but you might waste a bit of money if you decide you want the Morels after! There is also a UK member called MrSingh, who showed me some speakers he is able to get. He had a thread with his review in the audio section. Its a new complete plug and play package (mids and underseats, but no centre IIRC) but i havent heard them. Might be worth asking him as they might be cheaper than the Morels. By the way dont worry about the rear speakers for now. First decide on your front ones. This is because the fronts will be amped, rears wont, so you'll need more efficient rears to match fronts. This can be worked out once you decide on amp/speakers.

Regarding the amp, please read through my comments in your other thread, in the audio section. But now you have actually got the ms-8 you will need 2 amps, if you're still going to upgrade the speakers of course. 5 channels for inside the car (mids woofers and centre, leave rears off ms-8) and then your sub amp. An amp which loads of people have used on this forum, with Morels and Jehnerts, is the JL XD600/6. Its compact, so it can be hidden away, and will give you 6 nice channels of clean power. There is not one complaint of an XD user on here.
__________________
2008 E92 335D SE
2010 E90 320D SE
1994 E36 318I SE
1996 E36 316I SE
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #91
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,750
iTrader: (4)

Also if funds are tight, then you can always upgrade in stages to your perfect system.
__________________
2008 E92 335D SE
2010 E90 320D SE
1994 E36 318I SE
1996 E36 316I SE
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #92
Rudz
Captain
 
Rudz's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

Posts: 992
iTrader: (2)

I am getting the following installed on my car at the moment mate

Morel Hybrid Ovation II - fronts
Logic 7 Center speaker
Logic 7 Rear Decks - I bought some Rainbow Vanadium's in hopes they'll fit the rear decks, but they unfortunately dont :-(
SWS8 subs
MS 8
Audison LRX 6.9

I did quite a lot of research on the 4"'s and the Morel's came out on top SQ wise, I got mine from Isreal, contact ebay seller superdeals.ltd, costs about 275 + VAT + Customs charges, or contact seller rs32 on talkaudio, he had a complete set on sale for 350 or if you are happy with Morel Dotech ovations, you could get it from ebay seller captaincable for 250

How did you find the focal's on your E90 ? If you were happy with them, then they are available for 188 from lots of sellers on ebay, caraudiooutlet being one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focal-100K...item4165044777
Rudz is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #93
omaragha
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335i DCT E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Windsor, UK

Posts: 1,858
iTrader: (4)

I upgraded from base stereo to:

MS8
Logic 7 all round (E92) incl centre with tweet. These are all run off the MS8 (2ohm) TBH I havent heard the focals / moresl et al but the Logic 7 sound great but then again I am no Uber audiophile.

Just bought SWS8 subs (as you know) and will buy a sub amp only - the MS8 seems plenty loud enough for mids and tweets IMO.
__________________
Engine Mods: JB4 G5 ISO, Wedge Flash, BMS DCI, ETS FMIC, ER CP, AR Catless DP's, BMS OCC, BMS Cowel filters & Forge DV's.
Running Gear Mods: Graphite Atomic CSL's, Birds B3 Suspension, Stoptech Grooved Rotors & Yellow Stuff pads.
Cosmetic: Performance Grill and Diffuser, Carbon Badges, Carbon Interior
omaragha is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #94
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Is it on yet mate?
Not yet mate, am thinking of ordering one in the next week or picking it up locally as I've located a tuning shop carrying this product for about 90 unpainted and seems to be very good quality - stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
The thing with the ms-8 is that its quite tricky to get it configured properly, especially if you have a partially amped system. This is because the ms-8 level matches all speakers during calibration. So the key is to make sure all speakers are at the same "volume" during the calibration sweeps. You can adjust amp gains and use an SPL meter for this. Even better get similar efficiency rated speakers, this is one of the reasons i got all Morels for the front. But dont worry, once you start troubleshooting, you will get loads of help from people who've been through the same thing!

I didn't realise it was tricky to configure, I thought it does the configuration very well which is why it was so highly anticipated!? I guess when I do come to installing it in a few months (after I stack up on all the necessary equipment), I'll need to get it done professionally! Or with the help of someone on this forum in due course.

I've never heard the L7 components before so cant really give a fair comment. But I suspect the Morels would beat them hands down in SQ. This is because a fair number of people change from OEM/L7/Focals to Morels, and can hear the difference even with an ms-8. To me they sound amazing.

I've heard L7 on its own without any EQ etc and it sounds 10x better than BASE so with the right calibration and decent boot sub they could be enough.. but you're right, I'll always think "what if"...

If you're going to use Logic7 processing on the ms-8 (which most people do as its so good) then your centre speaker is quite important. I used to have a cheap (but still decent) Vibe Slick 4 for my centre. Sounded decent but then i got a Morel Coax and SQ was so much better. For SQ, its better to go with Morels.

I'll def get a centre speaker and only know of the Vibe Slick 4 through B33M3R (Matt's) install thread!
I'll look into the Morel variety..


Having said that some people with the OEM Logic 7 system are happy with their speakers with an ms-8. Its a personal preference and up to you, but you might waste a bit of money if you decide you want the Morels after! There is also a UK member called MrSingh, who showed me some speakers he is able to get. He had a thread with his review in the audio section. Its a new complete plug and play package (mids and underseats, but no centre IIRC) but i havent heard them. Might be worth asking him as they might be cheaper than the Morels. By the way dont worry about the rear speakers for now. First decide on your front ones. This is because the fronts will be amped, rears wont, so you'll need more efficient rears to match fronts. This can be worked out once you decide on amp/speakers.

Yeah I've seen MrSingh's thread but must refresh my memory on it once again.. How does the MS8 get connected with the standard speakers? Does it require a special harness as such as I don't want to tap into OEM wires.
On the subject of wires.. Would I need the 4/4 TECHNIC Harness or 4/6 harness for the purpose of my install? Any clues? Technic has those two variations but I'm not sure :-(... yeah not gonna fret over rear speakers and in fact won't even bother changing them.. they can stay OEM .. all about the front end babayyy and of course the Boot Sub!


Regarding the amp, please read through my comments in your other thread, in the audio section. But now you have actually got the ms-8 you will need 2 amps, if you're still going to upgrade the speakers of course. 5 channels for inside the car (mids woofers and centre, leave rears off ms-8) and then your sub amp. An amp which loads of people have used on this forum, with Morels and Jehnerts, is the JL XD600/6. Its compact, so it can be hidden away, and will give you 6 nice channels of clean power. There is not one complaint of an XD user on here.
Oh cool, So I need a 6 channel for fronts (will this also power the tweets in line with the door components?) and a mono block for the sub in the boot? Will the monoblock only prove 1 channel or could I bridge and power 2 subs?

Lastly, what other subs are good other than the JL W7? I ask as not everyone has the option of getting w7's given its hefty price tag (even though I've been offered a very fair price off a forum member - you know who you are... I'm going to do my research and let you know but please feel free to post up on other mediums - thanks v much dude! :-) )?



Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Also if funds are tight, then you can always upgrade in stages to your perfect system.
True.. but what I did in the past was over a period of a few months, I collected / bought my items and that way it wasn't so bad. but I installed in one hit and that's what I want to do again :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
I am getting the following installed on my car at the moment mate

Morel Hybrid Ovation II - fronts
Logic 7 Center speaker
Logic 7 Rear Decks - I bought some Rainbow Vanadium's in hopes they'll fit the rear decks, but they unfortunately dont :-(
SWS8 subs
MS 8
Audison LRX 6.9

That's a great list! Were you the one who bought those Vanadiums from the forum member recently as I noticed they didn't hang around for long loll.

Where did you buy the Audison LRX 6.9 from btw.. I'm looking in Audison amps too - can't go wrong and good resale value held over time.


I did quite a lot of research on the 4"'s and the Morel's came out on top SQ wise, I got mine from Isreal, contact ebay seller superdeals.ltd, costs about 275 + VAT + Customs charges, or contact seller rs32 on talkaudio, he had a complete set on sale for 350 or if you are happy with Morel Dotech ovations, you could get it from ebay seller captaincable for 250

I've seen those Morel Dotech Ovations for about 250 and have been considering them.. I'll look into the aforementioned sellers dude, cheers for the heads up :-D

How did you find the focal's on your E90 ? If you were happy with them, then they are available for 188 from lots of sellers on ebay, caraudiooutlet being one

Although I enjoyed the upgrade from OE to focals, in hindsight, I found them very 'bright' and the tweeters were loud for what they are hence I won't go down the Focals - atleast not on this install. I figured since I did the Audison Bit One + Focal + SWS upgrade, I might as well try something else now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focal-100K...item4165044777
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
I upgraded from base stereo to:

MS8
Logic 7 all round (E92) incl centre with tweet. These are all run off the MS8 (2ohm) TBH I havent heard the focals / moresl et al but the Logic 7 sound great but then again I am no Uber audiophile.

Just bought SWS8 subs (as you know) and will buy a sub amp only - the MS8 seems plenty loud enough for mids and tweets IMO.
That's a decent upgrade not breaking the bank and yet delivers bang for you buck I would have thought. :cool:
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #95
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids

Posts: 1,991
iTrader: (7)

AWBimmer, once you get the audio sorted any chance I can come have a listen please?
mistryn is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #96
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
AWBimmer, once you get the audio sorted any chance I can come have a listen please?
Ofcourse ! This may take some time and into a few months but will let you know
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #97
mistryn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistryn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mids

Posts: 1,991
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Ofcourse ! This may take some time and into a few months but will let you know
mistryn is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #98
Reardy Mister
Private
 
Drives: 08 E92 325, Space Grey w/black
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern England

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

A lot is said about "stance".

To me this car doesn't have much stance. It's more "dumped", in the style of the Dub guys. The dub style drop is a cult look, but is accepted as not very practical. I think of stance as implying purpose, a coiled spring, a tiger about to pounce. The purpose here is compromised in favour of the look, as you're discovering.

Not my tastes, but car modding is up to the individual.
Reardy Mister is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #99
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reardy Mister View Post
A lot is said about "stance".

To me this car doesn't have much stance. It's more "dumped", in the style of the Dub guys. The dub style drop is a cult look, but is accepted as not very practical. I think of stance as implying purpose, a coiled spring, a tiger about to pounce. The purpose here is compromised in favour of the look, as you're discovering.

Not my tastes, but car modding is up to the individual.
Very well said! You may have noticed this has been my first time opting to lower a car I drive hence no experience in 'stancewerks' so to speak but as time elapses and I discover more and more through my own curiosity, I will evolve with this car and hope to have it stanced to please the eye, rather than a dumped look. It was drive-able but not practical. Luckily I drive on fairly Ok roads and parking at work is all flat level, small obstacle and I'm shtooked hence the raise. Once my new pads / discs will get replaced I will also have the car's height re-adjusted.

Trial and error but tis' the beauty of coilovers
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #100
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,750
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
I didn't realise it was tricky to configure, I thought it does the configuration very well which is why it was so highly anticipated!? I guess when I do come to installing it in a few months (after I stack up on all the necessary equipment), I'll need to get it done professionally! Or with the help of someone on this forum in due course.
It does do the configuration really well. I think i should've phrased it another way. It's not as in depth, as say a Bit One, but you just need to make sure that you are presenting the ms-8 with the optimum conditions. Its just a case of changing a few parameters but you will cone to learn that its just trial and error. But eventually you will get the best results. You can definately do it yourself, no need for a professional!

Quote:
I've heard L7 on its own without any EQ etc and it sounds 10x better than BASE so with the right calibration and decent boot sub they could be enough.. but you're right, I'll always think "what if"...
I think anythings better than the base set up! But there is a better increase in SQ with Morels over the L7s. Maybe try and have a listen of an L7+ms-8 set up if you can. By the way if you can get the Hybrids for 275 then that would be worth considering.

Quote:
I'll def get a centre speaker and only know of the Vibe Slick 4 through B33M3R (Matt's) install thread!
I'll look into the Morel variety..
There are a few options available. You can even use an L7 speaker. The Morel coaxial does fit and sounds brilliant. But you could always try the Vibe and see how it sounds.

Quote:
Yeah I've seen MrSingh's thread but must refresh my memory on it once again.. How does the MS8 get connected with the standard speakers? Does it require a special harness as such as I don't want to tap into OEM wires.
On the subject of wires.. Would I need the 4/4 TECHNIC Harness or 4/6 harness for the purpose of my install? Any clues? Technic has those two variations but I'm not sure :-(... yeah not gonna fret over rear speakers and in fact won't even bother changing them.. they can stay OEM .. all about the front end babayyy and of course the Boot Sub!
The ms-8 needs 2 speaker level inputs (or 4 if you have PDC). The best way to do this is to get a Technic Harness. Output side you would use Technic's harness for the front mids and rears, and use his woofer jumpers to split the woofers as they are connected in parallel as stock. You will have to run new wires to the ms-8 for the centre and woofers. If you amp, simply use RCAs from ms-8 to amp for each channel, and then connect technics harness and your new wiring to the amp output. Not really sure what you mean by 4/4 or 4/6. If you mean channels then 4/4 would be the one. So from HU you grab 4 channels (FL FR RL RR) and then comes back to HU and into the car's wiring. The other 3 new channels you would wire separately as said above. But just send Technic a PM detailing exactly what you are doing and he will send you the right one.

Quote:
Oh cool, So I need a 6 channel for fronts (will this also power the tweets in line with the door components?) and a mono block for the sub in the boot? Will the monoblock only prove 1 channel or could I bridge and power 2 subs?
Well technically you would need 5 channels (FR FL WooferR WooferL and Centre), but with most 5 channel amps, the 5th channel is a sub one. But the XD will work perfectly. The components you buy will include a passive crossover, which you will have to install in the door or in the boot. This means only one channel is needed for the tweeer and mid range.
You can't bridge a mono amp, but you can wire up two subs in parallel. You would have to do this as you are using 7 channels in the car, and only have one ms-8 channel left. Just make sure the amp can handle the impedance. For eg two 4 ohm subs in parallel will present a 2 ohm load. This will fry an amp that isnt stable at 2 ohm!

Quote:
Lastly, what other subs are good other than the JL W7? I ask as not everyone has the option of getting w7's given its hefty price tag (even though I've been offered a very fair price off a forum member - you know who you are... I'm going to do my research and let you know but please feel free to post up on other mediums - thanks v much dude! :-) )?
This depends if you are a bass head freak or an SQ nut. Do you want so much bass that your boot rattles like crazy or nice deep bass which blends well with your mid bass? If you prefer SQ then you should get a corner sub box with a sub with the same optimum volume. A W6 has been used quite a bit and is a good musical sub. The Morel SC12 also has good ratings. This is something I will be doing in the future!

Quote:
True.. but what I did in the past was over a period of a few months, I collected / bought my items and that way it wasn't so bad. but I installed in one hit and that's what I want to do again :-D
Well you're not as impatient as me then! It probably is good to do it all in one go.
__________________
2008 E92 335D SE
2010 E90 320D SE
1994 E36 318I SE
1996 E36 316I SE
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #101
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (3)

Oh yeahhhh babyyy!! Look what just arrived! 1st of many parcels being delivered for my audio which I'm now slowly starting to gather.... now need to start getting my components etc sorted - very unsure as to what to go for though! Anways, this and the M3 rear lip spoiler arrived and I felt like a kid in a candy shop... no pic of the M3 rear lip... I put that straight inside my car ready to put on over the weekend hopefully! Pics to follow!

Oh and sorry about my foot lolll - didn't realise it was taken in the pic .......... cut me some slack - it's a beautiful day so flip flops are allowed!!
Attached Images
 
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #102
MEGA
Dieseasal
 
MEGA's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

Posts: 6,839
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Didn't realise this was a foot fetish forum but I'm sure Will shall be along shortly to enjoy the picture ..
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
MEGA is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #103
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (3)

:/ not liking the sound of Will lollllll

Just ripped open the M3 Lip spoiler deliever from Taiwan and I absolutely cannot recommend the seller B.C. Moto enough! Paint is spot on! He shipped it on Monday from Japan and its with me today (5 working days its here from Japan).. seller also gave me tracking number which was gave live updates and kept regular communication!

Needless to say he'll be getting 5* feedback and if anyone is unsure about getting stuff from him.... don't! Probably the best 40 (incl PnP) I'll ever spend on the car LOL. Lots and lots of good reviews for him from the US members too hence why I went with him.

The lip also comes with 3M tape on and other strong adhesive stuff which I've not actually looked into!

Pics will follow on the weekend..
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars

Last edited by AWBimmer; 09-07-2012 at 10:02 AM.
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #104
-TARBY-
Private First Class
 
-TARBY-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 330d M Sport Saloon 6 Speed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orpington

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Didn't realise this was a foot fetish forum but I'm sure Will shall be along shortly to enjoy the picture ..

__________________
2007(07) : e90 - 330d - M Sport - Saloon - 6 Speed
-TARBY- is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #105
-TARBY-
Private First Class
 
-TARBY-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 07 330d M Sport Saloon 6 Speed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orpington

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
:/ not liking the sound of Will lollllll

Just ripped open the M3 Lip spoiler deliever from Taiwan and the seller I absolutely cannot recommend the sell B.C. Moto enough! Paint is spot on! He shipped it on Monday from Japan and its with me today (5 working days its here from Japan).. seller also gave me tracking number and kept regular communication!

Needless to say he'll be getting 5* feedback and if anyone is unsure about getting stuff from there.... don't! Probably the best 40 (incl PnP) I'll ever spend on the car LOL.

Pics will follow on the weekend..
Based on that I have just ordered the M3 boot lip and AC style roof brow for mine....

-TARBY- is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #106
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (3)

Great stuff Tarby! You won't be disappointed!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #107
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,159
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Oh yeahhhh babyyy!! Look what just arrived! 1st of many parcels being delivered for my audio which I'm now slowly starting to gather.... now need to start getting my components etc sorted - very unsure as to what to go for though! Anways, this and the M3 rear lip spoiler arrived and I felt like a kid in a candy shop... no pic of the M3 rear lip... I put that straight inside my car ready to put on over the weekend hopefully! Pics to follow!

Oh and sorry about my foot lolll - didn't realise it was taken in the pic .......... cut me some slack - it's a beautiful day so flip flops are allowed!!
Follow How Rudz system has been setup.
Get a good amp with 6 channles.
Later on if you want to add a sub in your trunk, you will be left with single channel in MS8 for additional sub.

HTH.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #108
skelts
Lieutenant
 
skelts's Avatar
 
Drives: E63 M6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 503
iTrader: (1)

Excellent build thread, your doing some good mods to your car, look forward to reading on

Whats next?
skelts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #109
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelts View Post
Excellent build thread, your doing some good mods to your car, look forward to reading on

Whats next?
Thanks mate - very nice of you to say that :-)

Immediate plan is to apply the M3 rear lip and source the aero lip to paint and put on and at the same time, colour code my grills to titanium silver and then continue to, slowly but surely, collect my audio equipment.

Will also at some point get bright white LED angels, remap and light tints and then continue to passively look for wheels in the background.

Lots to do but got a very good idea of the end 'article' so keen to keep treating her to the good stuff!

Problem is I MIGHT be changing jobs so could find myself working in London which means very little use of the D... which then means POSSIBLY an M3 E92 but that is not until next year if at all! Just good to know that it could actually be on the agenda!! Hahah
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #110
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,742
iTrader: (3)

M3 rear lip fitted in 5 minutes with a lil' precision and prep. Not the best pics as I'm no photographer but it just sets of the rear so nicely I cou;dn't be more happier with the rear now. Best 40 I've spent hands down!
Attached Images
     
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST