E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Took my car to dealer to fix something now they broke something

08-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
keerkoss
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i MT (White)

Unhappy testtt

It was differential replaced by BMW.

Last edited by keerkoss; 01-01-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerkoss View Post
Hello everyone,

I need some feedback.
I have a 2009 BMW 335i MT. Still under warranty.

I took my car to the dealer to install a new carpet in the front side of the car (passenger/driver) side. There was a torn hole on the carpet about 1-2" in the front left of the driver side by the foot rest. Service gentlemen said this will be covered under warranty. They take the car for a day and a half, I get a loaner. Picked up the car today, when I got home I notice the Speakers on the left side don't work in AUX Mode, so I thought it was my cable/phone etc.. Turned out it wasn't. The issue was under the driver side there is a cable just hanging and not plugged in to anything, I'm sure that is it. Also some black module just hanging too. Also notice the center console is not mounted all the way, and a gouge on the side center. This is all after this carpet install. They were closed by the time I got home to notice all of this, I will call them on Monday. Has anyone experienced something like this, where they get there car back and its just butched?

Also on my leather chair on the driver side there is a white scuff where the left hip is when you sit by the stitchings, they said they don't warranty that as it is wear and tear.

Sorry for huge text, I just need feedback on how to handle this Monday with them.

Thank You,

Rob Kosser
Just point out the flaws in the workmanship to the services advisor and pray they get it right this time.

This remind of the time the dealer ship replaced my boost lines and removed the wire mount, and never put it back in right, in they had closed it so screwed up that an air hose that runs in that area was flattened out. $700 job paid out of pocket and they still couldn't get it right. I ended up doing a tear down and fixing the problem myself.

My advise, get them to fix it, inspect before you leave. and find a new dealership. They obviously had no respect for cars there.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
GChase
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

You better hope they don't blame it on you. Speakers aren't covered under warranty!!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

i noticed a hole in my passenger seat about the size of the tip of a golf tee. i sent an email to the manager and he said he was sorry and asked me to bring it by and they would look at it and decide how to rectify it.

i never ended up having it looked at, but i was happy with how eager they were to help me.
      08-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
woptang22
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Id be in a rush to get this handled. I believe most BMW dealerships are open on Saturday so Id give them a ring first thing in the morning. Dont wait until Monday. I would imagine they would fix the issues if they have decent customer service and care about peoples vehicles. But I guess these days you never know with dealerships. It seems as if a reputible, honest dealership can be hard to come by.
      08-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
RonPaul4Prez
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe

Bmw of South Atlanta scratched my hood right next to the roundel and broke off a few inconsequential tabs in the engine bay after taking it in for maintenance years ago. The hood scratch was bad. About two inches long and deep. I noticed the scratch that evening and left a message with the service department. I had to call back and nobody ever 'fessed up to it nor did anyone there agree to fix it. I'll never go back to a dealer for service again.

The broken tabs part was never addressed with them, as it has proven to be one of those things that you don't find all at once, but rather spot every half a year or so when you go rooting around your engine bay. It just demonstrates the lack of care that the guys in the service department had for my precious.
2007 Space Gray/Coral Red 335i (Dinan 3) 6MT Coupe - JB4 / P3 Boost Gauge / Dinan Stage 3 Suspension / Dinan Intercooler / BMS Dual Cone Intake / Stett Charge Pipe / AR Design Catless Downpipes / Dinan Dual Mass Flywheel / ACT 6 Puck Ceramic Clutch / BC Forged HB04 Wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports / OEM Aero Lip / M3 Spoiler / Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
keerkoss
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i MT (White)

Thank you everyone, I will call them tomorrow for sure. I would maybe expect this from a mickey mouse mechanic shop. Not from a luxury deealership...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
328iCoupe
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Coupe MT

Whenever I bring my car to the dealership for maintenance, someone does a "walk-around" and notes any scratches, dents, etc. I walk with them and point to things that are already there.I feel that this is a good policy. Of course, this doesn't include the interior, but I'm sure they would note anything if I asked.

I recommend asking someone at the dealership to do this before they take the car into the garage.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Taipei-TT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 2.0D

Just two weeks ago...my car went it for routine service...came out with a 10cm scratch on the lower lip of the bumper.

They gave me a loaner and resprayed the bumper for no charge. Good job on the paint (which had plenty of stone chips before) and the color match is excellent. However, the bumper was not aligned when I picked it up...2 hours later it was aligned. Then the first rainy day and one of my headlight washer units would not retract. More time and work to rectify.

The service bill was close to $400USD (Please, i know, don't ask, prices in Taiwan are just different than in the US.) I told them I'm unsatisfied. They asked what would satisfy my. I told them not paying the maintenance. So far, I have not paid and that was two weeks ago. I'm waiting for them to call with a discounted price, but they know I'm a bit of a hard ass and I think they are afraid to call.

But I would want the following:
a) the job done right and everything restored to the proper condition
b) an explanation for why it went so wrong. Who is touching my car that seems so careless or poorly trained?
c) goodwill/discounts on future maintenance, since your repair was under warranty and not out of pocket.
Appreciate 0