E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > New car new bilstein eibach and more with pics

08-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
New car new bilstein eibach and more with pics

My 2008 335 Xi coupe was flooded last month and totaled by Geico so over the last month I purchased a 2009 335 xdrive coupe CPO with 26,000 miles, cold weather, sport,shadowline trim, navigation/idrive, comfort access and have been slowly rebuilding the car and making some changes to the things I did not like about my 2008's modifications. I was able to salvage a lot of the aftermarket parts from the flooded car so some parts were sold and some re-installed. The major thing I hated was the harsh ride from my Bilstein shocks and H&R springs so this time I went with Eibach pro springs for the 335i with the Bilsteins. All I can say is WOW. The ride quality is so much better and the drop is perfect. It is exactly the way I wanted this luxury sport coupe to feel. I also got the Mtech front and rear bumpers, Helix FMIC, Cobb, I custom wrapped the interior carbon fiber, new 18's with Continental DWS, and I painted the calipers and added a high heat BMW decal from ebay. Also added carbon fiber trunk spoiler, Lux angel eyes, black grill, pedals, Led interior lights, smoked blinkers, carbon roundels, HID fog lights, LED blinkers, 6000k turning light. I did not install the AR downpipes and INJEN cai from my flood car since I want to get warranty service this time without the headache and the stage 1+ cobb map feels fast even compared to the stage 2+ maps I ran in the 2008xi. Also those down pipes are a total pain in the ass to install. I purchased all the body parts from JGmods and I also had them paint them and it turned out perfect. Excellent fittment and no cutting to the car whatsoever. the paint match is perfect. So even though last month when the car flooded I wanted to die it all worked out and is actually better than before. The pictures below are not the best quality since I took them with my iphone so once I can get my friends high end cam I wil update the pics.

And here is the farewell pic from my 2008
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Nice ride man! Sorry about your previous loss...you did get something better though

I'm thinking about getting the same setup as you, bilstein shocks and eibach pro kit springs. How would you say the ride is compared to stock xi suspension?

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
DLam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

car looks great
      08-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
Nice ride man! Sorry about your previous loss...you did get something better though

I'm thinking about getting the same setup as you, bilstein shocks and eibach pro kit springs. How would you say the ride is compared to stock xi suspension?
W

The ride is tighter and more planted. At high speeds on the highway it feels much tighter and less sloppy. Ride quality over bumps is amazing for the height.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
nailer335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i f30 330i g20 m340i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
2022 m340i  [0.00]
2017 330i xdrive  [0.00]
1) it looks almost perfect. I say almost because I can't bring myself to say perfect, but I can't say what could even look better either... I love it.

2) what rotors are those? Are they the Stoptech slotted/drilled? I'm about to get those and would like to know what your impressions are, if you know. They weren't listed in your description, which leads me to assume that they were on the car when you got it?

3) were the rounders on the car as well? I got black and white roundels a few years back, but the one on the hood warped something disgusting from excessive heat. If you did those, where did you get them? I'm only finding stickers from Bimmian instead of real roundels, which I prefer.

4) a gruppe M intake would make it perfect
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post

W

The ride is tighter and more planted. At high speeds on the highway it feels much tighter and less sloppy. Ride quality over bumps is amazing for the height.
The drop is perfect and the ride sounds pretty good! Is the ride somewhat harsh? People say its gonna get worse than stock xi suspension but I mean...stock xi suspension is pretty bad lol

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Ride is definitely "harsher" than stock, but not by a lot. I found the stock setup to be mushy, unpredictable at speed, and having too much body roll.

Fixing those problems will bring an element of stiffness over sunken manhole structures, freeze joints, and other road imperfections over 1-2". I also had more than a few "crashing" into pothole issues with the stock setup (and 19s, non RFT), and I probably have a couple more. There are some roads I prefer not to drive anymore, ones in particularly bad shape with lots of patches, sunken structures, potholes, trenches etc. Mostly, I knew the bad places before, and they're no different now. The two bad potholes on Grove St. in Watertown, the middle of Gray St. in Arlington, the giant hole in the road on Lincoln St. in Boston. The train tracks on Needham St. in Newton. They were bad before, and they're still bad. Most of this is the reality of driving on 19" wheels and very small sidewall.

The best part of the Bilstein/Eibach setup has got to be the braking (which everyone probably does a lot more of than hanging exit ramps at high speed ). The car has a flat stance when you pound the brakes, and feels planted and secure, rather than nose-diving and putting all the cars weight on the steering wheels at the worst possible time.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I got the drilled slotted from **********s. They are more of a cosmetic upgrade than anything else. I also think my ride is really good over rough roads cause I am using 18s and soft continental all seasons.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I got the roundels at http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/index.html
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorXi View Post
I got the drilled slotted from **********s. They are more of a cosmetic upgrade than anything else. I also think my ride is really good over rough roads cause I am using 18s and soft continental all seasons.
The 18s make a big difference. That extra sidewall takes a lot of the punishment out of the ride, even on the stock setup.
Appreciate 0