E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Just installed coilovers and cross drilled rotors, and more mods PICS!!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #23
Tyso335
Captain
Tyso335's Avatar
14
Rep
853
Posts

Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

iTrader: (0)

looks gorgeous now buddy
__________________

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #24
benzo23
Colonel
benzo23's Avatar
37
Rep
2,885
Posts

Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

iTrader: (1)

I would definitely paint those rotor hubs black while you still can cause they will rust. Car looks great otherwise, PE would really set it off nice too.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
What coils are you dropped on? Looks tons better after the mods!

Thanks, they are ST coilovers, ST is a company owned by KW, they are basically very similar to KW with a shorter warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
I would definitely paint those rotor hubs black while you still can cause they will rust. Car looks great otherwise, PE would really set it off nice too.
Yeah they claim it has a zinc coating to prevent rust but I bet you are right, I was thinking of either painting them or addind a cear protective finish,what do you mean by ''PE''?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #27
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Yodaime's Avatar
Vietnam
64
Rep
3,405
Posts

Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (12)

Exhaust N Difffuzor Naooo!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
project335i
Banned
Canada
55
Rep
4,502
Posts

Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Thanks man! Do you think I can space out the front without rubbing? My friend who helped me with the install recommended I only space out the rear.
Get some camber plates and add a little camber all around you need spacers on those bad boys. But again great start keep it up
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #29
benzo23
Colonel
benzo23's Avatar
37
Rep
2,885
Posts

Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Yeah they claim it has a zinc coating to prevent rust but I bet you are right, I was thinking of either painting them or addind a cear protective finish,what do you mean by ''PE''?
Trust me on this one, My stoptech rotors said they had some sort of protective coating to prevent rust and about 2 weeks later after a few good rain storms the hubs started turning orange. You could get by with some sort of gloss black spray enamel. PE meaning BMW's Performance Exhaust. The aggressive sound with really go with the look youhave plus give you some nice tips out back
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #30
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
Trust me on this one, My stoptech rotors said they had some sort of protective coating to prevent rust and about 2 weeks later after a few good rain storms the hubs started turning orange. You could get by with some sort of gloss black spray enamel. PE meaning BMW's Performance Exhaust. The aggressive sound with really go with the look youhave plus give you some nice tips out back

Thanks that sounds like good advice!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Get some camber plates and add a little camber all around you need spacers on those bad boys. But again great start keep it up
Hm I don't know a lot about camber plates honestly, do you think I could get by with spacers, without camber plates?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #32
project335i
Banned
Canada
55
Rep
4,502
Posts

Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Hm I don't know a lot about camber plates honestly, do you think I could get by with spacers, without camber plates?
Whats the size and offsets all around right now?? Include tire size
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #33
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Hm I don't know a lot about camber plates honestly, do you think I could get by with spacers, without camber plates?
The wheels are 19'' x 9.5'' front, and 19'' x 10'' rear, I will have to look at the tire size again.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #34
project335i
Banned
Canada
55
Rep
4,502
Posts

Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
The wheels are 19'' x 9.5'' front, and 19'' x 10'' rear, I will have to look at the tire size again.
Don't know the offsets?? You should be fine with the 9.5 probably not that low of an offset by the look of it. I would get a 10 mm front and 20 mm rear and your good. Worse case scenario you fold the front fenders very easy its thing just lightly hammer the lip down
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #35
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Don't know the offsets?? You should be fine with the 9.5 probably not that low of an offset by the look of it. I would get a 10 mm front and 20 mm rear and your good. Worse case scenario you fold the front fenders very easy its thing just lightly hammer the lip down
Yeah I don't know the offsets offhand , wow 10mm and 20mm that's really aggressive right?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #36
project335i
Banned
Canada
55
Rep
4,502
Posts

Drives: Wide Load
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SAUGA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Yeah I don't know the offsets offhand , wow 10mm and 20mm that's really aggressive right?
Not to badbut if you want more conservative go 5mm and 10mm
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #37
ragenitro6
Private First Class
1
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i pre LCI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Lights

What lights are those ?

I'm looking to get rid of my oem halo's w/ the 20 yard wide amber eye lol

Car looks very nice.....make me want to speed up all the mods I have planned

Patience Danielson....haha
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #38
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragenitro6 View Post
What lights are those ?

I'm looking to get rid of my oem halo's w/ the 20 yard wide amber eye lol

Car looks very nice.....make me want to speed up all the mods I have planned

Patience Danielson....haha
Thanks man, the headlights are made by depo, I got them off ebay they have led angel eye rings and clear corners heres a better pic.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #39
XYR03
Lieutenant Colonel
40
Rep
1,670
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmod, VA

iTrader: (6)

I read thru the thread but couldn't find what kind of rotors they are...can some enlighten me?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #40
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYR03 View Post
I read thru the thread but couldn't find what kind of rotors they are...can some enlighten me?
I bought them off ebay from a seller called brakemotive.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #41
JStang
N54 ADDICT
JStang's Avatar
87
Rep
3,265
Posts

Drives: FBO E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (8)

Looks much much much better!
__________________

COBB PTF TUNED - 430 WHP
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #42
Johnny D
Major
Johnny D's Avatar
21
Rep
1,124
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hot Springs, AR

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [4.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Thanks man! Do you think I can space out the front without rubbing? My friend who helped me with the install recommended I only space out the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
Hey man, small world! You know Gerald right? I'm not to far from you guys, I'm fom Memphis. Nice car BTW...

Yes I know Gerald and Adil. You should come over to LR the next time we have a group drive.

As far as spacers...depending on your current offset you could add spacers. I currently run et30 in the front and et27 in the rear using spacers.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #43
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
55
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntar View Post
Yes I know Gerald and Adil. You should come over to LR the next time we have a group drive.

As far as spacers...depending on your current offset you could add spacers. I currently run et30 in the front and et27 in the rear using spacers.

Okay cool, I might have to meet you guys for the group drive then, sounds cool, and thanks for the invite! You must be Justin right? I'm Chase.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #44
BAL278
Major
BAL278's Avatar
17
Rep
1,000
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi JB
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North NJ

iTrader: (3)

Looks much better now!
__________________

2008 335xi Jet Black//Coral Red
VTT Stage 1+// Procede V5//VRSF DPs//AMS FMIC//KW V1//M3 Sways & Sub Bushings// Alpina AT flash
Apex EC-7//Hankook V12//Dinan CAI
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST