E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Would like feedback on how people feel abount Sonictuning and our products

08-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Pat@sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Porsche Cayman S

Would like feedback on how people feel abount Sonictuning and our products

Hey everybody as you know we are located in the DMW and cater a lot to the DTM crowd. I just wanted to see if I could get feedback from the locals as to possibly what new products we should carry that we currently don't have and would the locals enjoy it from Sonictuning held more events like Dyno Days, Meets, ect... Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by Pat@sonictuning; 08-16-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Evening bump
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Pat you've been very responsive to my inquiries and very professional.

I guess the only comment/suggestion I have is, when I inquired about an item you had listed for sale and stated I would pick it up since I am local the price was the same as the advertised price "shipped." In otherwords I would pay the same price as the guy living in CA would pay for it even though I would be picking it up. It would be nice if Sonic would offer locals a "pick-up" price (excluding shipping) like what Tischer offers. It may incent more locals to buy local. Just a thought....
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Pat you've been very responsive to my inquiries and very professional.

I guess the only comment/suggestion I have is, when I inquired about an item you had listed for sale and stated I would pick it up since I am local the price was the same as the advertised price "shipped." In otherwords I would pay the same price as the guy living in CA would pay for it even though I would be picking it up. It would be nice if Sonic would offer locals a "pick-up" price (excluding shipping) like what Tischer offers. It may incent more locals to buy local. Just a thought....

Yea I totally understand. The reason some things are the same shipped or delivered is because since its sourced from the actual distributor we automatically get charged shipping rates. I can definitely see what I can do in the future for you. Thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
D_Smiderreen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Please delete my account

Jose, Pat:
I’m not sure if you’ll have the space or not but have you’ll entertained the idea of offering local installation services? Maybe you can offer installation service or rent out lifts to customers who want to install parts.

As for products and inventory, I think you’ll have some of the best deals around and I always consider you’ll first before I make a purchase……….gotta support the local economy.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Smiderreen View Post
Jose, Pat:
I知 not sure if you値l have the space or not but have you値l entertained the idea of offering local installation services? Maybe you can offer installation service or rent out lifts to customers who want to install parts.

As for products and inventory, I think you値l have some of the best deals around and I always consider you値l first before I make a purchase.gotta support the local economy.
Thanks for the feedback! We do work with shops that do install parts for our customers at good prices. Unfortunately our shop currently doesn't have any lifts available. I will what we can do to try and help accommodate our local customers better! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Flyer
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011 e92xi

You've been quick and have consistently had the best prices. I doubt I'll buy from anyone else!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
You've been quick and have consistently had the best prices. I doubt I'll buy from anyone else!
Thank you for the kind words! Are you coming up for Bimmerfest?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
tmaung
CCA Member#: 439255
United_States
Rep

Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

I have been dealing with BimmerTech for the retrofits and they are looking for dealers in the DMV area that could do the installs. You should def talk to them. At least that way people don't have to go to NJ or GA for the bimmer tech installs. They got some nice retrofits.
      08-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaung View Post
I have been dealing with BimmerTech for the retrofits and they are looking for dealers in the DMV area that could do the installs. You should def talk to them. At least that way people don't have to go to NJ or GA for the bimmer tech installs. They got some nice retrofits.
Yes they do have some nice retrofits. I will talk with Ray to see what he thinks about this.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep

Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Great Products

Hey, guys, this is what Pat and Sonic Tuning did for me.

I got my lci conversion kit from sonic tuning

Talk or send a PM to pat@sonic tuning. He could hook you up.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=sonic+tuning

Pat said that it is a whole kit, so you don't have to think about buying all the parts separately. It is a rep, so it should also be less expensive. The bumper is the Euro version without the amber on the side. They currently have the bumper without the headlight washer openings. Matte black grills, too, for that more aggressive look.

Fit and finish depends upon your installer, but as you can see, I installed a cheapie plate holder on the grill so when I want to, I can take off the license plate and there are no holes!

Give 'em a shout.

BEFORE: Pre-lci bumper and hood

AFTER: lci bumper and hood with matte black grilles/fogs

BMWCCA Member # 414198 Slightly Modded|e90|SGM|6MT|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|Blackline |219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix|AR Catted|Cobb
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
Jake@MOTIV
Rep

Drives: 135i, 335i

Sonic Tuning FTW! Both of our shop cars have the Sonic Tuning replica bumpers and/or csl trunks, wheels, suspension, etc.

We work pretty close with the great guys over there and do installs, tunes, and events with them as well. Really good people.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post

Pat said that it is a whole kit, so you don't have to think about buying all the parts separately. It is a rep, so it should also be less expensive. The bumper is the Euro version without the amber on the side. They currently have the bumper without the headlight washer openings. Matte black grills, too, for that more aggressive look.

Fit and finish depends upon your installer, but as you can see, I installed a cheapie plate holder on the grill so when I want to, I can take off the license plate and there are no holes!

Give 'em a shout.

Looking good!!! Glad your happy with the conversion!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake@PTF View Post
Sonic Tuning FTW! Both of our shop cars have the Sonic Tuning replica bumpers and/or csl trunks, wheels, suspension, etc.

We work pretty close with the great guys over there and do installs, tunes, and events with them as well. Really good people.
Thank you for the kind words! We enjoy working with you guys as well!!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #15
cotmfk
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335

Give 'em a shout.

Looks great!!
      08-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
cotmfk
Brigadier General
Rep

I think you guys are doing a good job, Pat. There's not much I would change. It seems like you guys are expanding the range of parts that you sell, and I think that was the biggest short coming initially. As you keep adding more and more parts that you can sell, that goes away.
      08-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #17
Jhayd11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@sonictuning View Post
Yes they do have some nice retrofits. I will talk with Ray to see what he thinks about this.
I am seconding this suggestion. I am not driving to New Jersey or shipping to Chicago to get this work done, so if you guys start working on retrofits, I'll be the first one at your door.

Especially if you also can help with installers in the area for the parking sensor upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
Jhayd11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335D

Also, have you though about looking into supplying parts for us Diesel guys? I saw you sell the Cobb Access port for the N54 engine. Ours can have work done directly through the obdii so remapping requires ECU's to be pulled and shipped. Piggybacks, though, are pretty popular for both the 335d and x5d.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #19
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhayd11 View Post
Also, have you though about looking into supplying parts for us Diesel guys? I saw you sell the Cobb Access port for the N54 engine. Ours can have work done directly through the obdii so remapping requires ECU's to be pulled and shipped. Piggybacks, though, are pretty popular for both the 335d and x5d.
Thank you for your feedback. Cobb is still working on something for the 335D. Unfortunately as most people had the N54 and a handful with the N55 those were their main focuses. Have you drive the JB that Burger Motorsports offers? Also I will see what we can do to maybe get some product in for the diesel guys. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #20
Pat@sonictuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I think you guys are doing a good job, Pat. There's not much I would change. It seems like you guys are expanding the range of parts that you sell, and I think that was the biggest short coming initially. As you keep adding more and more parts that you can sell, that goes away.
Charles thanks for the kind words!! Have you been able to swap the fog light to the other side so we can see where it went bad? I will just try and have a replacement for you at Bimmerfest if that is ok?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
cotmfk
Brigadier General
Rep

Just sent you a text. A replacement at Bimmerfest would be awesome!
      08-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Jamaica
Rep

Drives: N54B30

Pat is cool. Like an iceberg. That is all.

And he got me some beautiful wheels.

Now to fix that tire issue.. lol.