E90Post

E92-lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Important message for all 335i Owners 2007-2010

08-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
e36mmm
Private First Class

Drives: 335i M Sport

Important message for all 335i Owners 2007-2010

For all the n54 owners, and I'm one of them, luckily with no issues mechanically. Does this effect us Australians? Do we need to do anything about it?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729833
      08-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
SPJ
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 335i

Whom ever has dealer contacts need to investigate !
      08-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
Peter@Advan
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 335 coupe ADVAN

Don't worry this will never happen in Aust we all get ripped off by BMW every day and no one cares, like lambs to the slaughter we all just line up and bend over. Just get out your wallet and smile when you pay. Mr BMW doesn't care about you
Peter@Advan is offline   Australia
      08-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #4
e36mmm
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
Don't worry this will never happen in Aust we all get ripped off by BMW every day and no one cares, like lambs to the slaughter we all just line up and bend over. Just get out your wallet and smile when you pay. Mr BMW doesn't care about you
So negative man! :P I'm assuming you give in too easily. Depends who you know at the dealer and how you present yourself. If you agree with them or let them talk, ofcourse you'll get slaughtered like a lamb. I don't let them talk unless I'm done talking. They need you, not the other way around. Harden the fu^k up.
      08-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
Peter@Advan
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 335 coupe ADVAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36mmm View Post
So negative man! :P I'm assuming you give in too easily. Depends who you know at the dealer and how you present yourself. If you agree with them or let them talk, ofcourse you'll get slaughtered like a lamb. I don't let them talk unless I'm done talking. They need you, not the other way around. Harden the fu^k up.
You wont win against the BMW company if you think that you can change there Australian warranty policy you are welcome to try, if your claim is outside the warranty period that is it. The dealer will wank on and pretend to help, if you believe them good on you, And good luck. Your Dealer is not BMW they cant make decisions even if you mate owns the Dealership it wont help.
By the way they don't need you. If you were 1000 that would change and BMW would take notice.
Peter@Advan is offline   Australia
      08-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
335i-boy
First Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Surely in case of a claim, this BMWNA SIB provides some evidence that there is a problem with the N54 turbochargers. The American market must 50 times larger than ours, if not larger. With that many more N54's in service and with turbo issues it seems to me that this would extrapolate to support warranty claims here. It may be not be official here but with the right approach and this evidence, I see it would be possible.

The N54 and it's turbos are made in the same factory. If there are problems with them in the U.S. and BMW is rectifying this, then there is a precedent and thus should be possible here...albeit "un-officially". You need to be armed with all the hard evidence you can. After all, data removes emotion when attempting to win an argument.

I have taken my car to the dealer for issues and received the old "we could not find an issue with it". The next day I am in there with a BMWNA SIB and the next thing I know I am in a loan car driving out of the dealership while my issue is getting rectified. Now, before going into the dealer for any claim, I am always armed with the relative SIB, no matter where its from. I reckon they are gold .
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PSS | LUX V3 | E85 | JB4 G5 ISO | Wedge Flash | Vishnu DCI | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
      08-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
e36mmm
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i-boy View Post
Surely in case of a claim, this BMWNA SIB provides some evidence that there is a problem with the N54 turbochargers. The American market must 50 times larger than ours, if not larger. With that many more N54's in service and with turbo issues it seems to me that this would extrapolate to support warranty claims here. It may be not be official here but with the right approach and this evidence, I see it would be possible.

The N54 and it's turbos are made in the same factory. If there are problems with them in the U.S. and BMW is rectifying this, then there is a precedent and thus should be possible here...albeit "un-officially". You need to be armed with all the hard evidence you can. After all, data removes emotion when attempting to win an argument.

I have taken my car to the dealer for issues and received the old "we could not find an issue with it". The next day I am in there with a BMWNA SIB and the next thing I know I am in a loan car driving out of the dealership while my issue is getting rectified. Now, before going into the dealer for any claim, I am always armed with the relative SIB, no matter where its from. I reckon they are gold .
Can you show me an example of this through PM? I didn't quite understand what you meant by it. How can I obtain a SIB related to this problem for example. I'm asking because if I have any future claims, I can follow a similar protocol you do. Thank you
      08-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT

What about if your vehicle still has the premium select warranty and you issue the local dealer with a SIB from California USA? I'm pretty certain they would laugh you out of the stealership!

Also I noticed 2006 models were not listed in the SIB, wouldn't they share the same components with the 2007?
      08-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
Nicksa04

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:

Sorry guys still getting the hang of this... what is a SIB? and how to i find these???
      08-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #10
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksa04 View Post
Sorry guys still getting the hang of this... what is a SIB? and how to i find these???
SIB= Service Issue bulletin (don't worry its a us based SIB-cant be used here!)
      08-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #11
335i-boy
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36mmm View Post
Can you show me an example of this through PM? I didn't quite understand what you meant by it. How can I obtain a SIB related to this problem for example. I'm asking because if I have any future claims, I can follow a similar protocol you do. Thank you
PM sent.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PSS | LUX V3 | E85 | JB4 G5 ISO | Wedge Flash | Vishnu DCI | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
      08-23-2012, 03:29 AM   #12
335i-boy
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
SIB= Service Issue bulletin (don't worry its a us based SIB-cant be used here!)
I notice you are pretty new here and are currently in the process of acquiring an E92. Can you tell us of a time when you have presented an international SIB to a dealer for a warranty claim and had it refused?

I have personally used BMWNA SIB's to rectify issues that the dealer could not even replicate. Each time the warranty claim was approved. The dealer needs to convince BMW Australia to reimburse them for the repair. The SIB shows the dealer that you have done your homework and demonstrates to them that there is indeed a history of warranty claims for that particular issue, whether it is here or overseas. The SIB tells them what the issue is, what to look for and how to rectify it. Job done.
      08-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
335i-boy
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksa04 View Post
SIB = "Service Inspection Bulletin". It is BMW's intruction to dealer's to fix a particular issue under warranty.

Just search the forum for whatever it is you have an issue with. If there is an SIB for that issue it will come up.

Here is an old SIB Register from June 2010. It is pretty detailed and contains SIB's for every model BMW. I have not searched for the latest register as I haven't really had any issues since then.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SIB_List_Rev_23_Jun10[1].pdf (71.2 KB, 49 views)
      08-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
Nicksa04

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
SIB = "Service Inspection Bulletin". It is BMW's intruction to dealer's to fix a particular issue under warranty.

Just search the forum for whatever it is you have an issue with. If there is an SIB for that issue it will come up.

Here is an old SIB Register from June 2010. It is pretty detailed and contains SIB's for every model BMW. I have not searched for the latest register as I haven't really had any issues since then.
Thanks for that info really helpful.... im slowly getting there!!!