E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Engine tune choices. Help please!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
speedfan
Major
speedfan's Avatar
Vietnam
30
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HCM City

iTrader: (2)

Engine tune choices. Help please!

Hi guys,
My car is a Euro 325i LCI N52B25.
I've had the ESS DirectFlash kit for awhile & to be honest, I'm not 100% happy with it. The throttle lag in D mode is not improved (of if it was, it's unnoticeable).

So, what's now? Eurocharged or BMS PowerBox?

Thanks guys!
__________________
My e90

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
milly
Captain
milly's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
785
Posts

 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 328i (e90)  [4.50]
My eurocharged review is here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637490

I'm very happy with it!
__________________
Black 2008 328i e90-BMW Performance CF Strut Bar/Muffler delete/8000k Fogs Fogs/Trunk Spoiler/5% Tint/BlueTooth/JVC HU/AG M359 Wheels/Matte Black kidney grills/H&R Race Springs/Koni Yellows/Orion V2 Angel Eyes/EuroCharged Tune/
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
tamster00
Uhh, Hi =)
United_States
2
Rep
279
Posts

 
Drives: 11' E90 335i, 12' Fit Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Daly City

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to tamster00
Have you looked into AA's stage 2 with Simon tool? Not sure if that would be better or same as Eurocharged.
__________________
Was - 08' E90 328i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|AA Tune|Steptronic|Navigation|Comfort Access|Sport|Matte Black Kidneys

Now - 11' E90 335i Performance Edition|Space Gray Metallic|Sport|Premium|Navigation|Steptronic|JB4|E R Charge Pipe|HP Autowerks Foam Filter
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
jgl701
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

+1 on AA although no tune may address the throttle issue fully.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #5
speedfan
Major
speedfan's Avatar
Vietnam
30
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HCM City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milly View Post
My eurocharged review is here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637490

I'm very happy with it!
Thanks Milly. sounds very promising.
How's your car running in D mode now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamster00 View Post
Have you looked into AA's stage 2 with Simon tool? Not sure if that would be better or same as Eurocharged.
yeah, I pm'ed a rep. & just like you, not sure if it's as good or better or worse than Eurcharged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl701 View Post
+1 on AA although no tune may address the throttle issue fully.
that...sounds depressing!

more opinions please guys!
__________________
My e90

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Delta0311
Brigadier General
Delta0311's Avatar
56
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Well I have the eurocharged tune and I love it. It does fix the throttle lag but the car still was not as peppy as I would want it to be. I also s
till have the pbx in my car, so I set it to 30% throttle remap. At this point the car freaking floats, has a nice amount of hp (I also have a 3 stage intake manifold) and has a very responsive throttle.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92

Last edited by Delta0311; 08-19-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
Wrngway
Lieutenant
Wrngway's Avatar
7
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan A6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: D.C. Metro

iTrader: (0)

Check out the huge thread on the AA tune. I've seen good reviews on Eurocharged, but never experienced it myself.

I've been running it for around 4 months now and am really satisfied. I haven't seen any decrease in mileage. It's no turbocharger, but is superior to OEM in every way. Here's what I've noticed with my N51....

Throttle lag from a stop is almost completely gone.

Increased low end torque.

Acceleration starts to pick up above 3k rpm and really takes off above 4k. Now that the temp is in the 80s, the car is a blast to drive.

My best MPG recorded was on a 50 mile trip (85% highway)...35 MPG on the car readout. That's conservative shifting and 55 mph on the highway with no traffic.

AA will give you one free reflash if needed. They also offer the Simon programmer so you can reflash their tune whenever you want or flash back to OEM if you like. The programmer isn't cheap though. AA customer service is excellent. I'd also add that, from what I've read, it seems that 325's tend to benefit more from the tune than 328's.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
speedfan
Major
speedfan's Avatar
Vietnam
30
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HCM City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Well I have the eurocharged tune and I love it. It does fix the throttle lag but the car still was not as peppy as I would want it to be. I also s
till have the pbx in my car, so I set it to 30% throttle remap. At this point the car freaking floats, has a nice amount of hp (I also have a 3 stage intake manifold) and has a very responsive throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
Check out the huge thread on the AA tune. I've seen good reviews on Eurocharged, but never experienced it myself.

I've been running it for around 4 months now and am really satisfied. I haven't seen any decrease in mileage. It's no turbocharger, but is superior to OEM in every way. Here's what I've noticed with my N51....

Throttle lag from a stop is almost completely gone.

Increased low end torque.

Acceleration starts to pick up above 3k rpm and really takes off above 4k. Now that the temp is in the 80s, the car is a blast to drive.

My best MPG recorded was on a 50 mile trip (85% highway)...35 MPG on the car readout. That's conservative shifting and 55 mph on the highway with no traffic.

AA will give you one free reflash if needed. They also offer the Simon programmer so you can reflash their tune whenever you want or flash back to OEM if you like. The programmer isn't cheap though. AA customer service is excellent. I'd also add that, from what I've read, it seems that 325's tend to benefit more from the tune than 328's.
sounds like success story there for both of you.

WrngWay, thanks for your detailed input. That's pretty helpful.

I think my problem is that my car is a Euro N52B25. Most of "off the shelf" tunes offered here is for N52B30.

I got the ESS DirectFlash, which is similar to AA's Simon & EuroCharged's MyGenius. I'm not sure if ESS REALLY REALLY looked into my car's data & tuned it accordingly to my mods. Unfortunately, we dont have any dynojet in HCM city so I can verify the tune.

At the moment, in D mode, when I put my foot down on the gas pedal & it feels like NOTHING happens for a sec or 2. it's like in a slow motion. quite frustrated.
I'm mostly in M mode so the car can be responsive.

People with AA's tunes & Eurocharged please chime in more...

Thanks gentlemen!
__________________
My e90

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
Hooy
Colonel
Hooy's Avatar
50
Rep
2,765
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Dung, got your message!

Sorry the ESS isn't working out for you .

I'll be totally honest - AA and EC are more or less the same shit. Both will cure your throttle lag issue. My EC tune was done on the dyno, so it's different than everyone else's (tuned for 93 octane). My EC tune made more power, at least 6whp, but is a little jerkier in DS mode.

Go with whoever has better customer service. I'll send this thread to both my AA and EC reps
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #10
speedfan
Major
speedfan's Avatar
Vietnam
30
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HCM City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Dung, got your message!

Sorry the ESS isn't working out for you .

I'll be totally honest - AA and EC are more or less the same shit. Both will cure your throttle lag issue. My EC tune was done on the dyno, so it's different than everyone else's (tuned for 93 octane). My EC tune made more power, at least 6whp, but is a little jerkier in DS mode.

Go with whoever has better customer service. I'll send this thread to both my AA and EC reps
Thanks brotha!
__________________
My e90

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
61
Rep
4,707
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Dung maybe the ESS tune needed that first 500 miles of adaptation of close to redlining just like AA needs when it's first reflashed. And you're mostly city driven right? So not enough open roads to WOT for a long while.

I want to try to reset my throttle adaptations, people say it removes the lag just a bit.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544115
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #12
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
EC is a custom tune for you 100/100 times so just know it's mapped to your car, not your car model.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #13
speedfan
Major
speedfan's Avatar
Vietnam
30
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HCM City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Dung maybe the ESS tune needed that first 500 miles of adaptation of close to redlining just like AA needs when it's first reflashed. And you're mostly city driven right? So not enough open roads to WOT for a long while.

I want to try to reset my throttle adaptations, people say it removes the lag just a bit.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544115
wow...good info.
Thanks Jason!!!
__________________
My e90

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

We can address any problems you may be having if you purchase our simon tool. The simon tool will allow you to work very closely with our in house tuner to get that perfect medium.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
61
Rep
4,707
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfan View Post
wow...good info.
Thanks Jason!!!
Did you try it?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #16
speedfan
Major
speedfan's Avatar
Vietnam
30
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HCM City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We can address any problems you may be having if you purchase our simon tool. The simon tool will allow you to work very closely with our in house tuner to get that perfect medium.
Good to hear that Andrew!
My car is a Euro model, i.e. already equipped with 3stage intake manifold, & having no 2nd cat. Currently I deleted the resonator.
With the tune, you think I can feel the hp & torque gain?
Any money back guarantee?
Thanks for your time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Did you try it?
yeah, I tried it. for normal driving situation, it seems no difference.
I'll look for an opportunity to test the throttle response a bit more, especially around the corner & overtake. Havent had a chance to floor the the pedal :-)
Thanks Jason.
__________________
My e90

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #17
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
90
Rep
3,583
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfan View Post
Good to hear that Andrew!
My car is a Euro model, i.e. already equipped with 3stage intake manifold, & having no 2nd cat. Currently I deleted the resonator.
With the tune, you think I can feel the hp & torque gain?
Any money back guarantee?
Thanks for your time.



yeah, I tried it. for normal driving situation, it seems no difference.
I'll look for an opportunity to test the throttle response a bit more, especially around the corner & overtake. Havent had a chance to floor the the pedal :-)
Thanks Jason.
You should definitly see some nice hp and tq gains from our tune with those mods.

We do have a money back guarantee on our tune but on the tool there is a $150 reset fee.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST