E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Dislodged injector

05-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
rialnet
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW E92

Dislodged injector

I've had my used approved 2007 335i msport approx 8 weeks.

2 weeks ago i got a reduced power SEL warning after starting the car on my driveway. i let the ECU power down properly and restarted the car and all seemed fine, so i took the car out and whilst driving the same error occured.

Again, letting the ECU power down fully after 20 mins or so the error would go away. The car isnt my daily driver, so i would get the SEL power reduced warning intermittently and sometimes not at all, but the last time it happened i was 30 miles from home and managed to struggle the car home. The car went into BMW today and i received a phone call to say that an injector had become 'dislodged' and have i taken the car into somewhere to have some work done (which i haven't).

has anyone else had this experience and how could the injector become dislodged?

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
rialnet
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW E92

no-one?

the cheeky b'stards even tried to charge me 100 as it wasnt a defective part and it was just that the connector wasnt seated properly.
Appreciate 0