E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Questions about JB4 logging

08-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Jdub679
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe

Questions about JB4 logging

I'm planning on doing my first logs. But before I get started, I'd like to know how the logging works. So I "start logging" from the JB4 interface, do my 3rd gear run, and then "stop logging." I export the log to csv.

How many runs can be performed per single log? Or do I have to start and stop the logging after each single run to redline?

When I export the log to csv does it clear the interface so that I'm starting with a "fresh" log?

Also, do people edit their csv logs so that it only shows the WOT portion? Just wondering how people get it so perfect.

As a side note, does anyone actually use the 3' USB extension cable? I got it thinking I would need it, but there's actually plenty of slack even when I route the cable through my passenger side window.

Last edited by Jdub679; 08-23-2012 at 09:25 PM.