E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Can someone please measure their stock outlets for me?

09-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
PeterY
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SparklingGraphite E92 335i N54

Can someone please measure their stock outlets for me?

This is to do with the N54 engine;

I have a boost leak coming from my stock outlets, I've indicated on the picture below where the boost leak is coming from.

I've read that a few people here have upgraded to the RB silicon outlets for RHD cars.

If someone has their stock outlets lying around, can you please do me a massive favour and measure the diameter where I indicated on the diagram below?

Because I am planning to cut the stock rubber bit, and buy a similar dimensions silicon pipe, and clamp it on with two clamps, then cover it with gold heat wrap or something so it doesn't melt.

So I need to know what diameter silicon pipe to buy based on the diameters of the metal outlets.

Or if you're willing to part with your stock outlet, pm me how much you for it please! That'll make life easier

Thanks in advance!
Peter

Sparkling Metallic Graphite 335i Coupe 6AT (Build Thread) | MHD Stage 1+ | Golf Tee Exhaust Mod | xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash|Wagner EVO2 FMIC| Bilstein B12 ProKit | Dinan Camber Plates | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar | Nolathane rear subframe bushings | HEL Performance SS braided brake lines | 19" BMW/BBS 313 Rims | M3 Steering Wheel with DCT paddles| CIC+Combox retrofit

Last edited by PeterY; 09-20-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
Hoper
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT

Hi Pete, a quick measure of mine shows 38mm OD, I didn't rwmove the rubber coupling but measured it with calipers just behind the rubber coupling

You can have my outlets, noting that I've cut the original coupling to get them off

Where are you based?
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
PeterY
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SparklingGraphite E92 335i N54

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
Hi Pete, a quick measure of mine shows 38mm OD, I didn't rwmove the rubber coupling but measured it with calipers just behind the rubber coupling

You can have my outlets, noting that I've cut the original coupling to get them off

Where are you based?
That's awesome thanks so much Hoper, it doesn't matter if you've already cut them. I'll re-assemble them with a silicon coupling and some clamps, and swap them in, to replace my faulty ones.

I am based in Melbourne, I'll pm you my address, and send some $$$ cash your way to cover shipping! cheers, Pete.
Sparkling Metallic Graphite 335i Coupe 6AT (Build Thread) | MHD Stage 1+ | Golf Tee Exhaust Mod | xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash|Wagner EVO2 FMIC| Bilstein B12 ProKit | Dinan Camber Plates | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar | Nolathane rear subframe bushings | HEL Performance SS braided brake lines | 19" BMW/BBS 313 Rims | M3 Steering Wheel with DCT paddles| CIC+Combox retrofit
Appreciate 0