E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Perth people euro night drags



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
57
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Perth people euro night drags

$20 for the night!
28th September
Get your shit together and see you there =)

Name:  tmp_5426-20160813_100526-620236055.png
Views: 236
Size:  1,019.2 KB
Name:  tmp_5426-20160813_100617-1551644766.png
Views: 203
Size:  129.6 KB
Appreciate 2
      09-13-2016, 02:20 AM   #2
AusMatty
Private First Class
6
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

I am so in!!!
Hopefully turbos are installed and engine is back together by then...
Appreciate 2
      09-13-2016, 06:46 AM   #3
1275
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 335i Touring
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Perth

iTrader: (0)

I'm planning to go and see what the wagon can do. Hopefully a mate will be coming with his FBO 135i, so should be a good night.

If you see me out there come over and say hi. I'll keep an eye out for the two of you and any other forum members.

Craig
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #4
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
57
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1275 View Post
I'm planning to go and see what the wagon can do. Hopefully a mate will be coming with his FBO 135i, so should be a good night.

If you see me out there come over and say hi. I'll keep an eye out for the two of you and any other forum members.

Craig
Nice, shall see you guys there .
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #5
Socket
Major General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
808
Rep
6,755
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (3)

Have fun guys, wish I lived in WA now
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #6
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
57
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Have fun guys, wish I lived in WA now
drive over lol , it aint to far...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:08 PM   #7
1275
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 335i Touring
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Perth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Have fun guys, wish I lived in WA now
Melbourne is only about 3,500km's from Perth, or roughly 2,175 miles. That's like 8,700 1/4 stints...

Imagine how good your times would be after that many test runs!!!

Do it Socket. We'd all love to see SPCGRY in the metal.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #8
1275
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 335i Touring
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Perth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottle1 View Post
Nice, shall see you guys there .
Looking forward to it mate.

I'll be going to second slowest N54 drag time ever...

Question: With auto trans, should I be starting from 1st or 2nd? 1st seems like I'll be limited by traction...

Going to give it a go with 1st, 2nd, full auto, paddles to be all scientific!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:20 AM   #9
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
57
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Have fun guys, wish I lived in WA now
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1275 View Post
Looking forward to it mate.

I'll be going to second slowest N54 drag time ever...

Question: With auto trans, should I be starting from 1st or 2nd? 1st seems like I'll be limited by traction...

Going to give it a go with 1st, 2nd, full auto, paddles to be all scientific!
Give both a go,
1st + 2nd launches both gave me similar times .

i was all within 0.5 second differences trying differnt type of launches
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2016, 04:27 AM   #10
1275
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 335i Touring
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Perth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottle1 View Post
Give both a go,
1st + 2nd launches both gave me similar times .

i was all within 0.5 second differences trying differnt type of launches
will do - thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 04:42 AM   #11
Socket
Major General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
808
Rep
6,755
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1275 View Post
Melbourne is only about 3,500km's from Perth, or roughly 2,175 miles. That's like 8,700 1/4 stints...

Imagine how good your times would be after that many test runs!!!

Do it Socket. We'd all love to see SPCGRY in the metal.
Hahhahaha .... now seriously have fun guys... looking forward to seeing pics and times
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #12
Coupes33
First Lieutenant
23
Rep
356
Posts

Drives: 2014 F80 BMW M3, 2006 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1275 View Post
Looking forward to it mate.

I'll be going to second slowest N54 drag time ever...

Question: With auto trans, should I be starting from 1st or 2nd? 1st seems like I'll be limited by traction...

Going to give it a go with 1st, 2nd, full auto, paddles to be all scientific!
Use 1st gear in sports mode with traction control off. I have tried 2nd gear launches several times and always have slower 60' times. Change through the gears using the gear lever rather than the paddles as the changes are quicker.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #13
AusMatty
Private First Class
6
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Hmm, my motor is being pulled out today... probably should have waited until after this to fix everything up
But Rb next gens should be back by next Wednesday and stage 2 fuel pump going in early next week, just have to hope I have enough time for Wedge to do a tune before the 28th...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 02:10 AM   #14
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
57
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusMatty View Post
Hmm, my motor is being pulled out today... probably should have waited until after this to fix everything up
But Rb next gens should be back by next Wednesday and stage 2 fuel pump going in early next week, just have to hope I have enough time for Wedge to do a tune before the 28th...
its more fun running with new mods
and..... as of yesterday misfiring cylnder 1.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 02:30 AM   #15
AusMatty
Private First Class
6
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottle1 View Post
its more fun running with new mods
and..... as of yesterday misfiring cylnder 1.
hmm :/ any ideas on what that could be?
Possibly leaking fuel injector?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 02:38 AM   #16
ash335
Commander
ash335's Avatar
Australia
6
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: 2008 e92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Melbourne AUS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
Change through the gears using the gear lever rather than the paddles as the changes are quicker.
Hey thats interesting... how much quicker are you talking?
__________________
2008 e92 335i Platinum Bronze - K&N Filter - MHD Stage 1 ECU - Alpina ZB 7603537 TCU - TS Dual Port Kompact BOV - RB PCV - Nolathane RSFB - ATE SuperBlue - Nitro Aikido
2006 e53 X5 3.0i Sterling Grey - Stock
Ex's - '94 BMW 318is Brilliant Red, '96 BMW M3 Cosmos Black, '09 Subaru WRX Grey
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 03:29 AM   #17
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
57
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusMatty View Post
hmm :/ any ideas on what that could be?
Possibly leaking fuel injector?
i got a feeling its sparkplugs, i got a new spare to test it this weekend.
then gonna order some autolite cold plugs.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #18
AusMatty
Private First Class
6
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

So doesn't look like my car will be back together for this Still waiting on my turbos to be shipped from the states and next Monday is a public holiday so ill lose another day there... my only chance is if they ship today and arrive on Thursday.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #19
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
57
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusMatty View Post
So doesn't look like my car will be back together for this Still waiting on my turbos to be shipped from the states and next Monday is a public holiday so ill lose another day there... my only chance is if they ship today and arrive on Thursday.
damm that sucks. =(
and i pulled my plug out and it had some oil on it... not sure whats going on there. leaky injector... ? but not codes
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 11:45 PM   #20
rooks335
Private
rooks335's Avatar
3
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Perth WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottle1 View Post
damm that sucks. =(
and i pulled my plug out and it had some oil on it... not sure whats going on there. leaky injector... ? but not codes
If its oil on your spark plugs, high chance its the rocker/cam cover gasket. The gasket is 1 piece that covers the cam cover and the spark plug tubes.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 02:21 AM   #21
waterbottle1
Captain
waterbottle1's Avatar
57
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooks335 View Post
If its oil on your spark plugs, high chance its the rocker/cam cover gasket. The gasket is 1 piece that covers the cam cover and the spark plug tubes.
ah didnt wanna hear that.. lol
are you talking about this
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775317
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 03:01 AM   #22
AusMatty
Private First Class
6
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooks335 View Post
If its oil on your spark plugs, high chance its the rocker/cam cover gasket. The gasket is 1 piece that covers the cam cover and the spark plug tubes.
That would only be the case if you were getting oil in the spark plug holes, is the oil on the tips of the plug or all over it?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST