E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Rearranging MOST cables..need help!

08-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
e93driva
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Rearranging MOST cables..need help!

So my car has both the HD radio as well as the sat prep option. I went ahead and bought the satellite tuner module and I am going to install it into my trunk. How am I supposed to reconfigure the MOST cables so that everything stays working?

I was looking at some wiring diagrams but none of them have the HD radio in the loop so I'm not exactly sure on how to move all the wires around. I understand I have to keep a loop but the whole HD radio is throwing me off.

All help is appreciated guys

Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Don't know about HD radio, but the MOST is a loop. So let's say your functioning block (the bottom one) looks like:

CIC | C1 | C2

C1 | C2 | CIC

Then, to add a new component, just move the bottom CIC cable to the right and add in the cables Cnew to make:

CIC | C1 | C2 | Cnew

C1 | C2 | Cnew | CIC
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
e93driva
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylim
Don't know about HD radio, but the MOST is a loop. So let's say your functioning block (the bottom one) looks like:

CIC | C1 | C2

C1 | C2 | CIC

Then, to add a new component, just move the bottom CIC cable to the right and add in the cables Cnew to make:

CIC | C1 | C2 | Cnew

C1 | C2 | Cnew | CIC
Thanks for the explanation! That makes things a lot clearer. I won't have the actual Sirius module for another couple of days so when I install it, I'll let you know how it ended up or I'll just bump this thread if I need more help.

So basically the cable it starts with on the top block has to be the equivalent cable on the bottom block to end with?

Das it mane
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
Thanks for the explanation! That makes things a lot clearer. I won't have the actual Sirius module for another couple of days so when I install it, I'll let you know how it ended up or I'll just bump this thread if I need more help.

So basically the cable it starts with on the top block has to be the equivalent cable on the bottom block to end with?
Do you mean the CIC/radio cables? Yes, that way it closes the loop. Just to be clear, all the cables are "one off" (except in the case where you do not have any additional components), since it needs to form a loop. In particular, if you only had the CIC or radio without any options, your block would look like:

CIC/radio

CIC/radio

To add a new component in the loop, the following obviously not do, since Cnew is not in the loop:

CIC/radio | Cnew

CIC/radio | Cnew

The correct way, is to make it one off:

CIC/radio | Cnew

Cnew | CIC/radio

or (if your block has cables all to the right, I believe this is highly uncommon, or might be the norm for RHD cars)

Cnew | CIC/radio

CIC/radio | Cnew
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
e93driva
Captain
United_States
Rep

Perfect..got it! From your explanation it looks really simple. Hopefully it's the same when I actually get to moving them around. I'm gonna label the cables just to be safe so incase I mess up I can put them back into where they were

Thanks for the replies man..it really helped me out a ton!

Das it mane
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sure np. Search for threads with pics of the blocks and how to open them up to release the tabs holding the cables, do not use force.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
e93driva
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylim
Sure np. Search for threads with pics of the blocks and how to open them up to release the tabs holding the cables, do not use force.
Cool will do! I will try to be as gentle as possible. I don't really wanna screw my whole fiber optic wiring system up

Das it mane
Appreciate 0