E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Combox installation in CIC retrofit with no TCU/Mulf?

06-28-2016, 03:50 AM   #1
DervJim
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 E91 330D Touring

Combox installation in CIC retrofit with no TCU/Mulf?

Hi guys

I'm just getting the bits together to do a CIC retrofit in my CCC equipped E91 330D (2006).
I've got the following bits either here or on their way:
head unit,
screen,
controller,
monitor and usb (glovebox) cables,
replacement centre console panel,
emulator

So I 'think' I've got all the basic parts on their way for doing this (and need to study up on the coding with NCS expert).

BUT, I want to get a combox for it so I have bluetooth and album art etc etc.
Now all the stuff I've seen so far with retrofits for CIC has involved cars where they either had TCU or Mulf (not sure of the difference really) installed before they did the upgrade to CIC but mine has neither.

So I've not had any luck so far on what else I need besides the combox itself to connect it up to the new CIC system and make it work, (ie what actual parts in terms of wiring/plugs etc etc, any additional coding for it etc?).

Can anyone please help with some advice on this if they have an idea?
One thing I really badly want is properly integrated bluetooth and it'll be quite upsetting to have spent so much and not even have that, which is why I really want to be able to add the combox if I can.

Appreciate any help with this thanks.

One other question I had is I'd read that your car should be 'up to date' before doing a CIC retrofit, but the CCC system in mine is still on the older style brown menu system, not the silver themed menus. Do I need to do anything like updating that first, or is that not necessary since all the CCC stuff is coming out anyway?

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0