E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Paul Ryan Can't Stop Lying



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Paul Ryan Can't Stop Lying

The GOP lie machine is on full throttle at the moment. At last night's convention, Paul Ryan just could not stop spreading lies. It's gotten so bad even Fox News is calling him out on them. I bet the right wingers will try and find some way to make the lying ok.

Does the GOP not understand the meaning of the word integrity?

Washington Post Story 1

Washington Post Story 2

Fox News Opinion Story
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
The GOP lie machine is on full throttle at the moment. At last night's convention, Paul Ryan just could not stop spreading lies. It's gotten so bad even Fox News is calling him out on them. I bet the right wingers will try and find some way to make the lying ok.

Does the GOP not understand the meaning of the word integrity?

Washington Post Story 1

Washington Post Story 2

Fox News Opinion Story
No, they will somehow twist what he was saying into a series of if's and maybe's, and then say it was true. Lol...

Yes, very interesting that even Fox News said it was a series of blatant lies. That says quite a bit!
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

And I am sure at the DNC convention next week no speaker with speak any untruths. Sure they won't. But I am sure just like at the RNC they will twist the words to sound great to the unwashed masses
__________________
Mspeasl - Central Illinois - USA :
My Garage: 2011 - Cashmere Silver Metallic BMW, 528i (Delivered 17 January 2011)
2008 - Radiant Red Toyota, M6 'X-Runner' (Delivered 15 November 2007)
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
And I am sure at the DNC convention next week no speaker with speak any untruths. Sure they won't. But I am sure just like at the RNC they will twist the words to sound great to the unwashed masses
So you're fine with your VP nominee blatantly lying to the American public. ok, got it.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
Mirko
Captain
 
Mirko's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M, E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 615
iTrader: (2)

It's sad that people even acknowledge these liars and fools. If they really think that they care or will do a single thing to help them then they deserve the wonderful things that will come of voting them into power.
Mirko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
So you're fine with your VP nominee blatantly lying to the American public. ok, got it.
I take it you're fine with Biden.? He really adds to your ticket what.? You really want this guy to be a heartbeat away.?
__________________
Mspeasl - Central Illinois - USA :
My Garage: 2011 - Cashmere Silver Metallic BMW, 528i (Delivered 17 January 2011)
2008 - Radiant Red Toyota, M6 'X-Runner' (Delivered 15 November 2007)
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
yakev724
Brigadier General
 
yakev724's Avatar
 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 3,559
iTrader: (49)

Apparently that fox opinion piece was written by a writer Fox pays to appear more liberal. Wash Post had a good reaction article on the speech which did a good job in summarizing the ambiguous bullshit. Ryan and Condi Rice gave good speeches presentation-wise though.



I was more shocked to hear McCain criticizing the Obama administration for skipping out on an opportunity to engage Iran

"The world wants more American involvement"

Last edited by yakev724; 08-30-2012 at 07:53 PM.
yakev724 is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
I take it you're fine with Biden.? He really adds to your ticket what.? You really want this guy to be a heartbeat away.?
Feel free to bring up a specific point about the VP, and I'll debate it with you. I hear you are a mastur debater.

So you're fine with Ryan lying. Didn't you start a thread about the lack of honesty in a SuperPAC ad supporting President Obama. So you're only for integrity if it suits your party?

edit: oh no that was gamoto, you were just one of the folks that chimed in.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Hey, hey! Me! Ask me!

It's full contact politics. Stop whining.

When you libs said Romney killed some lady you opened yourselves up to whatever comes next.

Now it's our turn and yes, whatever it takes to persuade the peeps and get your guy voted out of office.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #10
Gamoto
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E93 M3 6MT/13 335ix/ 13 X3/
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)

Here's a question regarding Obamacare and its effect on medicare. It is a fact that it cuts the reimbursement dollars to doctors for senior care by 25%. So there are already many doctors who are just going to refuse to treat medicare patients. With the cost of malpractice insurance they can't afford to not make any profit for their services. This will greatly reduce options for seniors to get the best heathcare that they deserve, and punishes our seniors to help finanace this economy killing boondoggle called obamacare. Is cutting 25% out of benefit rates that are presently paid for doctor services not a huge gouging of medicare?? Sounds like gouging to me.
Gamoto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
straight_six
Banned
 
Drives: 128 cab
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ma

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
When you libs said Romney killed some lady you opened yourselves up to whatever comes next.
So you're saying that anything said by anyone supporting the democrats, is implicitly conferred upon by all democrats? And furthermore, you don't see the difference between a group of partisan nobody PAC people making a questionable conclusion in a TV ad, versus the vice-presidential nominee lying to the world at the RNC?

Can I conclude then that all republicans believe Obama's a Kenyan Muslim anti-american socialist marxist antichrist? Did I leave anything out?
straight_six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
Gamoto
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E93 M3 6MT/13 335ix/ 13 X3/
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight_six View Post
So you're saying that anything said by anyone supporting the democrats, is implicitly conferred upon by all democrats? And furthermore, you don't see the difference between a group of partisan nobody PAC people making a questionable conclusion in a TV ad, versus the vice-presidential nominee lying to the world at the RNC?

Can I conclude then that all republicans believe Obama's a Kenyan Muslim anti-american socialist marxist antichrist? Did I leave anything out?
No...we don't all believe the Muslim, Marxist, Antichrist stuff, but anti-american socialist that would be a yes.
Gamoto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamoto View Post
No...we don't all believe the Muslim, Marxist, Antichrist stuff, but anti-american socialist that would be a yes.
I don't believe that I've seen anyone call "O" a Muslin, Marxist, Antichrist before on this forum except Dems in their rants against Reps.
__________________
Mspeasl - Central Illinois - USA :
My Garage: 2011 - Cashmere Silver Metallic BMW, 528i (Delivered 17 January 2011)
2008 - Radiant Red Toyota, M6 'X-Runner' (Delivered 15 November 2007)
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
straight_six
Banned
 
Drives: 128 cab
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ma

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamoto View Post
No...we don't all believe the Muslim, Marxist, Antichrist stuff
That's precisely my point; just as OldArmy shouldn't assume that all democrats believe everything any democrat says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
I don't believe that I've seen anyone call "O" a Muslin, Marxist, Antichrist before on this forum except Dems in their rants against Reps.
You do know there are republicans who are not on this forum, right? I think the national poll shows about 30 - 40% of republicans think Obama's a Muslim, and there are significant percentages for the other things as well. But again, that's not the point.
straight_six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
jtvr4
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight_six View Post
That's precisely my point; just as OldArmy shouldn't assume that all democrats believe everything any democrat says.
You do know there are republicans who are not on this forum, right? I think the national poll shows about 30 - 40% of republicans think Obama's a Muslim, and there are significant percentages for the other things as well. But again, that's not the point.
Post that poll and from a non biased site.
__________________
2008 M3 Sedan - SOLD
1993 3000GT VR4 - AEM EMS 506awhp 511awtq
jtvr4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
straight_six
Banned
 
Drives: 128 cab
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ma

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvr4 View Post
Post that poll and from a non biased site.
Are you kidding me?!
You'd have to be that guy who thinks the Vietnam war is still going on, not to be aware of these polls for the past 4 years. If you're going to offer your opinions in the politics forum, try having a clue first.
http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and...-a-Muslim.aspx
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081806913.html
http://articles.businessinsider.com/...omney-s-mormon
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ents-religion/
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...-survey-shows/
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...muslim/254380/

I can easily find about 100 more if you'd like.
straight_six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
 
UncleWede's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (0)

Yeah, but how many of those 30-40% beleive Elvis is still alive??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!



P.S. Personally, non-partisan.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #18
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sitting down, facing the keyboard

Posts: 318
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight_six View Post
Are you kidding me?!
You'd have to be that guy who thinks the Vietnam war is still going on, not to be aware of these polls for the past 4 years. If you're going to offer your opinions in the politics forum, try having a clue first.
http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and...-a-Muslim.aspx
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081806913.html
http://articles.businessinsider.com/...omney-s-mormon
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ents-religion/
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...-survey-shows/
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...muslim/254380/

I can easily find about 100 more if you'd like.


Scotch and Cigar, how are you doing? I was wondering how long it would take after you were banned before you just couldnt help yourself and dredge up old stats like this. Your join date, the fact you list your location as Mass., the fact you list your car as a 128 cab, and most of all your tone in the emails themselves, all the pieces fall into place.

Moderators, I would suggest you take a look at the IP address of this user...
MiddleAgedAl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
rohms3
Lieutenant
 
rohms3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 524
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Scotch and Cigar, how are you doing? I was wondering how long it would take after you were banned before you just couldnt help yourself and dredge up old stats like this. Your join date, the fact you list your location as Mass., the fact you list your car as a 128 cab, and most of all your tone in the emails themselves, all the pieces fall into place.

Moderators, I would suggest you take a look at the IP address of this user...
Not to mention 10 out of his 19 posts are in the Politics forum.

Figures, I take 1 week of vacation and I miss Scotch getting banned. I was wondering why it was so quiet here.
rohms3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight_six View Post
That's precisely my point; just as OldArmy shouldn't assume that all democrats believe everything any democrat says.
You do know there are republicans who are not on this forum, right? I think the national poll shows about 30 - 40% of republicans think Obama's a Muslim, and there are significant percentages for the other things as well. But again, that's not the point.
I said on this forum didn't I... I dom 't give a damn what the rest of the world is doing when I am speaking about this forum
__________________
Mspeasl - Central Illinois - USA :
My Garage: 2011 - Cashmere Silver Metallic BMW, 528i (Delivered 17 January 2011)
2008 - Radiant Red Toyota, M6 'X-Runner' (Delivered 15 November 2007)
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Scotch has been banded? WOW..! I've wondered why he has been so quiet

Last edited by mspeasl; 08-31-2012 at 07:49 PM.
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #22
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight_six View Post
So you're saying that anything said by anyone supporting the democrats, is implicitly conferred upon by all democrats? And furthermore, you don't see the difference between a group of partisan nobody PAC people making a questionable conclusion in a TV ad, versus the vice-presidential nominee lying to the world at the RNC?

Can I conclude then that all republicans believe Obama's a Kenyan Muslim anti-american socialist marxist antichrist? Did I leave anything out?
Naaah, I'm just being pissy. But the fact that the president of the whole united states didn't see a problem with that one is in and of itself, a problem.

Lying is strong wording, it's probably a bit more like stretching the facts, something Republicans learned from you guys.

Conclude whatever you like.

Last edited by OldArmy; 08-31-2012 at 10:19 PM.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST