E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Can you put the m style mirrors on a 08 e93 and them food in automatically still?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
Gusta937
Private
1
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i convertible
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: USA Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Can you put the m style mirrors on a 08 e93 and them food in automatically still?

Any upgraded their 335i e93 mirrors? Also I'm looking for some rear bumper ideas post yours!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #2
EB89
Lieutenant Colonel
EB89's Avatar
Australia
99
Rep
1,697
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Wollongong, NSW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'd like to know about folding mirror options or kits as well.

Where can we get the mirrors and arm rest control?

LCI e92 here
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
946
Rep
8,486
Posts

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

When you say M style, are you referring to OEM M3 mirrors? They will work, I have them and they still fold and dim like my original non M3 mirrors. However, if you are looking at replica M3 mirrors, I can't help you there.

If you want ideas for a rear end, here is what I have.

__________________
Eibach Pro kit|Bilstein Sport Shocks|M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3|OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|M3 Mirrors with Performance CF caps|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance Diffuser|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
achu
Major
United Kingdom
37
Rep
1,097
Posts

Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

i have m3 mirrors that are electric folding and it's a plug and play job unless you don't have folding mirrors already...

oh and this is her ass:
__________________
2007 E93 335i 6MT

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
946
Rep
8,486
Posts

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

Yea. The main problem people have is M3 mirrors not matching up because of different features. Some have 3 pin connectors and some have 5 pin. My M3 mirrors were 3 pin and fit right up with my original connectors.

Also E90 M3 mirrors only work on E90 335's. So for the E93 you will need E93 M3 mirrors or E92 M3 mirrors. And even those have differences. The E93 M3 mirrors have a matte black housing. The E92 M3 mirrors are shadow gloss black. But either would fit on an E92 or E93.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Eibach Pro kit|Bilstein Sport Shocks|M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3|OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|M3 Mirrors with Performance CF caps|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance Diffuser|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #6
classyfast
Major
174
Rep
1,079
Posts

Drives: e46m/LCI e92 335 Msport
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137
Yea. The main problem people have is M3 mirrors not matching up because of different features. Some have 3 pin connectors and some have 5 pin. My M3 mirrors were 3 pin and fit right up with my original connectors.

Also E90 M3 mirrors only work on E90 335's. So for the E93 you will need E93 M3 mirrors or E92 M3 mirrors. And even those have differences. The E93 M3 mirrors have a matte black housing. The E92 M3 mirrors are shadow gloss black. But either would fit on an E92 or E93.
Isn't shadow gloss the same as matte? Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #7
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
946
Rep
8,486
Posts

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137
Yea. The main problem people have is M3 mirrors not matching up because of different features. Some have 3 pin connectors and some have 5 pin. My M3 mirrors were 3 pin and fit right up with my original connectors.

Also E90 M3 mirrors only work on E90 335's. So for the E93 you will need E93 M3 mirrors or E92 M3 mirrors. And even those have differences. The E93 M3 mirrors have a matte black housing. The E92 M3 mirrors are shadow gloss black. But either would fit on an E92 or E93.
Isn't shadow gloss the same as matte? Lol
No, matte is dull and gloss is shiny. They are different
__________________
Eibach Pro kit|Bilstein Sport Shocks|M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3|OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|M3 Mirrors with Performance CF caps|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance Diffuser|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
EB89
Lieutenant Colonel
EB89's Avatar
Australia
99
Rep
1,697
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Wollongong, NSW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Any links to buy some folding mirrors for an e92, I don't have folding right now.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #9
Gusta937
Private
1
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i convertible
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: USA Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Yea. The main problem people have is M3 mirrors not matching up because of different features. Some have 3 pin connectors and some have 5 pin. My M3 mirrors were 3 pin and fit right up with my original connectors.

Also E90 M3 mirrors only work on E90 335's. So for the E93 you will need E93 M3 mirrors or E92 M3 mirrors. And even those have differences. The E93 M3 mirrors have a matte black housing. The E92 M3 mirrors are shadow gloss black. But either would fit on an E92 or E93.
Where did you get yours?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #10
Gusta937
Private
1
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i convertible
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: USA Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
When you say M style, are you referring to OEM M3 mirrors? They will work, I have them and they still fold and dim like my original non M3 mirrors. However, if you are looking at replica M3 mirrors, I can't help you there.

If you want ideas for a rear end, here is what I have.

Where did you get yours
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #11
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
946
Rep
8,486
Posts

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusta937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
When you say M style, are you referring to OEM M3 mirrors? They will work, I have them and they still fold and dim like my original non M3 mirrors. However, if you are looking at replica M3 mirrors, I can't help you there.

If you want ideas for a rear end, here is what I have.

Where did you get yours
A totaled M3. That's the cheapest route. New mirrors go for 1,400 I believe.
__________________
Eibach Pro kit|Bilstein Sport Shocks|M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3|OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|M3 Mirrors with Performance CF caps|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance Diffuser|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST