E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Fog light delete via coding ?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
johnniewalker
Lieutenant
johnniewalker's Avatar
Canada
5
Rep
552
Posts

 
Drives: 328 xdrive
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: GTA, Canada

iTrader: (9)

Fog light delete via coding ?

Can someone explain how to disable fog lights via coding?
I followed the pdf, do i just delete $520 ?

any info would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf USING NCS TO CHANGE VO.pdf (1,022.4 KB, 193 views)
__________________
Performance Intake and Exhaust, Apex arc-8, KW v1, Vorshlag camber, ER brake lines, Lux V4, AA tune
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
neilvosko
Major
neilvosko's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,429
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

iTrader: (16)

Yep. That's it.
But make sure to code both cas and Nfrm module.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Najt
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
221
Posts

 
Drives: e92 325D 2008
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Czech Republic

iTrader: (0)

i am curious if the rear fog lights will be also gone...i think yes...but thats not wanted, or???
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
PichaDis11
Major
PichaDis11's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
1,022
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Why would you disable your fog lights? Just curious.
__________________
fitted: $609, $620, $6VA, $6VC, $6NR, $6FL, $614, $615 Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror, LCI Halogen Head Lights, Wheels, ECS Geomet Slotted Rotors, Akebono Pads.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
Najt
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
221
Posts

 
Drives: e92 325D 2008
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Czech Republic

iTrader: (0)

coz I bought front and rear m packet bumpers and I dont like the look with front lights... e92 M3 doesnt have them also. So I will put there only grills.



on ex e46, the fog lights glass was anyway alwas broken from the stones...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 05:31 AM   #6
pweber
Banned
pweber's Avatar
Germany
2
Rep
258
Posts

 
Drives: M57 330D
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Heilbronn

iTrader: (0)

Just disable cold and warm bulb check errors and that's it, you don't need to change VO.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
jwzimm
Major
jwzimm's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,173
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335i X-drive Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (10)

Okay, bumping from the dead. I am trying to delete the fogs (for the same reason as the OP) but I don't see $520 in my VO. Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
cyrano
Banned
Poland
2
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: E61 530XD chipped
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

Dont bother deleting from VO just do what was wrote above, tunr off cold and warm test plus CC_MELD for fogs and thats pretty much it
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
Venom692x
Private
0
Rep
76
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i X Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Missouri/TN

iTrader: (0)

I have LED fogs, that give this error. If I delete the code, it will only delete the warning for the fogs? So if another light goes out, it will still give me a warning about it?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
jwzimm
Major
jwzimm's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,173
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335i X-drive Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Dont bother deleting from VO just do what was wrote above, tunr off cold and warm test plus CC_MELD for fogs and thats pretty much it
I understand I can do this but I would like to "properly" delete the option from the car as that is what I am effectively doing. I guess it just isn't possible. It looks like the $520 option is not used on my car to add the fog lights. I may not have any choice.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
jwzimm
Major
jwzimm's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,173
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335i X-drive Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Dont bother deleting from VO just do what was wrote above, tunr off cold and warm test plus CC_MELD for fogs and thats pretty much it
So in case anyone researches this in the future, I ran into an issue with trying to code out my foglight checks. I went looking for the codes KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L and KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R in my NFRM module but they weren't there! I dug through the trace file and I found these though:

KALTUE_NSW_M2_37_M1_3_C32
aktiv
WARMUE_NSW_M2_37_M1_3_C32
aktiv

I changed them to nicht_acktiv and the errors went away!

By the way cyrano, you mention to code off the CC_MELD value for fogs. I found the following line in the NFRM trace file:

CC_MELDUNG_NSW_L
wert_01
CC_MELDUNG_NSW_R
wert_01

What should they be changed to? What will this do with having deleted the cold and warm checks for the fogs? I know that MELDUNG means notification in German but I'm not sure what changing this value will do.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
Cbozz
Major
Cbozz's Avatar
27
Rep
1,224
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
So in case anyone researches this in the future, I ran into an issue with trying to code out my foglight checks. I went looking for the codes KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L and KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R in my NFRM module but they weren't there! I dug through the trace file and I found these though:

KALTUE_NSW_M2_37_M1_3_C32
aktiv
WARMUE_NSW_M2_37_M1_3_C32
aktiv

I changed them to nicht_acktiv and the errors went away!

By the way cyrano, you mention to code off the CC_MELD value for fogs. I found the following line in the NFRM trace file:

CC_MELDUNG_NSW_L
wert_01
CC_MELDUNG_NSW_R
wert_01

What should they be changed to? What will this do with having deleted the cold and warm checks for the fogs? I know that MELDUNG means notification in German but I'm not sure what changing this value will do.
I thought it was:

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv

that should do it for you@
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
jwzimm
Major
jwzimm's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,173
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335i X-drive Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
I thought it was:

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv

that should do it for you@
I think they have changed a good deal of the codes at some point. The values I posted are in my trace file and they look to be the same as yours in principal.

My question again though is, why do I need to change these? I have had zero issues since I coded out the warm and cold bulb checks. What do these values do?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
Cbozz
Major
Cbozz's Avatar
27
Rep
1,224
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
I think they have changed a good deal of the codes at some point. The values I posted are in my trace file and they look to be the same as yours in principal.

My question again though is, why do I need to change these? I have had zero issues since I coded out the warm and cold bulb checks. What do these values do?
never mind then, since you have no issues you're good. I thought you were coding it all,
__________________
AFE, AA, DCT
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST