E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > BMW Office -- not updating emails



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
caesarp
Private
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phila.

iTrader: (0)

BMW Office -- not updating emails

Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure if this goes under bluetooth or iDrive (its sort of both).

Anyone using the new Office feature? I have my blackberry 9650 paired to the car and the idrive screen will display the emails currently on my blackberry when I start the car (and if I select an email the computer will read it).

The problem is, if I receive a new email while driving, the new emails are not displayed. So I see a flashing red light on my blackberry indicating a new email has come in. I then go to Office on idrive -- but nothing new is displayed. I even use the screen in iDrive to "update data" under "current office"/options and still the new emails do not appear after "update data" is selected.

This kind of defeats the purpose of this Office feature-- which is to avoid having to look at your smartphone while driving. I'm pretty sure I have all settings correct in iDrive and on my blackberry.

Does anyone know how to get emails to display in Office/iDrive, that arrive on your blackberry while you are driving and connected?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
caesarp
Private
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phila.

iTrader: (0)

bumpity bump.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Newton2001
Private
Newton2001's Avatar
Switzerland
0
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: 435i X-Drive M Sport ('13)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hi,

I had the same problem with my Torch 9800 (OS 6.0.0.448)...

I had Patrys helping me with the coding of the combox, but he couldn't help me with the office feature, since it's phone dependant...

In the menu I have no calendar shown, but messages. They got updated randomely, but old messages could be "stuck" there for > 2 weeks, even after updating them, through new BT pairing...

Now I have updated my phone on sunday (OS 6.0.0.534), and now it seems to work better. Messages received are now shown, but if messages are read during other messages, then it gets kinda stucks... And then back to the begnining, the messages are not synched... I have to wait until the next start...

if anyone knows how to have this working well, thanks for the input...

BTW the calendar feature doesn't work either...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
caesarp
Private
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phila.

iTrader: (0)

Verizon Blackberry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton2001 View Post
Hi,

I had the same problem with my Torch 9800 (OS 6.0.0.448)...

I had Patrys helping me with the coding of the combox, but he couldn't help me with the office feature, since it's phone dependant...

In the menu I have no calendar shown, but messages. They got updated randomely, but old messages could be "stuck" there for > 2 weeks, even after updating them, through new BT pairing...

Now I have updated my phone on sunday (OS 6.0.0.534), and now it seems to work better. Messages received are now shown, but if messages are read during other messages, then it gets kinda stucks... And then back to the begnining, the messages are not synched... I have to wait until the next start...

if anyone knows how to have this working well, thanks for the input...

BTW the calendar feature doesn't work either...
Are you on Verizon network? So far I've found a couple other people with similar issues - all Verizon Blackberry people.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
Newton2001
Private
Newton2001's Avatar
Switzerland
0
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: 435i X-Drive M Sport ('13)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarp View Post
Are you on Verizon network? So far I've found a couple other people with similar issues - all Verizon Blackberry people.
Hi,

Nope, I'm in Switzerland, the network is Swisscom...

I suggest you to get the last version of the OS for the Torch as of today, it seems to get really better for me now.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
caesarp
Private
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phila.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton2001 View Post
Hi,

Nope, I'm in Switzerland, the network is Swisscom...

I suggest you to get the last version of the OS for the Torch as of today, it seems to get really better for me now.
I'm on the latest official version for my Verizon Bold (9650) and I do not get updated emails (only display of emails already on the blackberry at the time the car is started).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
jbabski
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Convertible
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NY, NY

iTrader: (0)

SOLUTION: I had this same problem and it was solved when I upgraded my Blackberry 9650 operating system to the 6.0.0.524 version that Verizon began pushing to phones on May 17, 2011. Try upgrading your OS and hopefully you'll be all set.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
caesarp
Private
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phila.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbabski View Post
SOLUTION: I had this same problem and it was solved when I upgraded my Blackberry 9650 operating system to the 6.0.0.524 version that Verizon began pushing to phones on May 17, 2011. Try upgrading your OS and hopefully you'll be all set.
When I check for a software update it shows 6.0 bundle 2333 available. Right now I have 6.0 1741. I'll try it, but it sounds like its different than yours. Or is .524 the same thing as bundle 2333?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
jbabski
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Convertible
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NY, NY

iTrader: (0)

Bundle 2333 includes OS 6.0.0.524. That's just Verizon's name for the package. Just to be safe, I also deleted the bmw from my bluetooth list in the phone before upgrading and re-paired it afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
caesarp
Private
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phila.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbabski View Post
Bundle 2333 includes OS 6.0.0.524. That's just Verizon's name for the package. Just to be safe, I also deleted the bmw from my bluetooth list in the phone before upgrading and re-paired it afterwards.
The new OS version fixed the problem. Nice job on spotting the update!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
lonewolf
Old Timer
lonewolf's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
69
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 328i XDrive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ridgewood, NY

iTrader: (1)

Folks sorry for resurrecting an old thread but this is driving me nuts since for some people its working with same setup and not for me.

I have a Verizon 9650 that is paired with my 2009 328 xi manf. date 11/2008 with CIC NAV.
I am able to receive Google Map messages, make phone calls and see my contact list. But I cannot get txt messages or email to show up at all.

Under the BMW ASSIST/MESSAGES options I never see the OFFICE option.
The phone version is v6.0.0.719 bundle 3084 (which is latest and greatest)
I have the MAP profile enabled on the phone.
I have send SMS messaging enabled on the phone.
Phone is paired and obviously bluetooth is enabled.

What am I doing wrong. Is it possible that a manf date of 11/2008 does not support email or txt which is hard to believe since Google map messaging works.
I even hit the following site to see if an update exists for my IDrive but it states that I am at the latest.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/nav...gion=&country=

Anyone have any ideas?

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
caesardog
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Folks sorry for resurrecting an old thread but this is driving me nuts since for some people its working with same setup and not for me.

I have a Verizon 9650 that is paired with my 2009 328 xi manf. date 11/2008 with CIC NAV.
I am able to receive Google Map messages, make phone calls and see my contact list. But I cannot get txt messages or email to show up at all.

Under the BMW ASSIST/MESSAGES options I never see the OFFICE option.
The phone version is v6.0.0.719 bundle 3084 (which is latest and greatest)
I have the MAP profile enabled on the phone.
I have send SMS messaging enabled on the phone.
Phone is paired and obviously bluetooth is enabled.

What am I doing wrong. Is it possible that a manf date of 11/2008 does not support email or txt which is hard to believe since Google map messaging works.
I even hit the following site to see if an update exists for my IDrive but it states that I am at the latest.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/nav...gion=&country=

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm pretty sure that you need combox (which is only with November 2010 or later manf date).
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST