E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > I don't usually drive Mercedes, but when I do...



View Poll Results: IS THIS BLASPHEMY?
NO, DO IT!!! 40 46.51%
YES, DON'T DO IT!!! 15 17.44%
YES, AND DO IT!!! 31 36.05%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #45
335_MI6
Colonel
 
335_MI6's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DC/MIAMI/LONDON

Posts: 2,218
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turb0mike View Post
Holy moly!!! I am on that shit!!! I will be giving them an email, hahaha.
I live around the area i can take a look at them if you want. Pm me
__________________

Spiike32: "I remember seeing your photoshoot pics with an M3 and was inspired to continue modding to make it look as clean as yours. "
Epacy2: "335=M3?"
THE TECH: "Only 335 guys think so."
335_MI6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #46
JJ.
Second Lieutenant
 
JJ.'s Avatar
 
Drives: E92 JB 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lost Angels, CA 213

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

No it's not. A 260E was my first car in HS and then I moved onto a GTi and now E92. Staying German at least!
JJ. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #47
Hybrid For Life
Banned
 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 2,119
iTrader: (4)

Mike, I noticed this thread while browsing the forum, I recognized the 190 pic from craigslist when a friend of mine was looking for a 190 cossie. I brought this thread to his attention and told him your plan for the car if you purchased it. Here's what he had to say.

"hello I am posting from a friends username on this forum, I live in Santa Barbara. My father is a MBZ mechanic. I owned a 190 16v but recently sold it. When I was looking to buy one, this car popped up on craigslist. My dad and I looked at it and it was a complete pile of shit. The front bumper doesnt fit, he cut into the quarter panel to install the need for speed vents. OEM rear wing and bumpers are missing. Front seats had tears in the Recaro leather. Does not have the OEM rims which only came on the 16v. When he started it for me it didnt even idle. To give you an example I paid 5200 for mine and it was 5x better than this one. I know a bit about these cars, txt me if you have questions. 805-319-8919"

Mike, I'm sure you'll do your homework and do all the proper inspections before buying the car. I'm not trying to tell you what to do but from what my friend is telling me along with his dad (master MBZ tech) I would stay away from this car. My friend spent a good amount of time hunting down the right cossie that was in good mechanical condition. They are out there if your willing to wait. Just my 2 cents.
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #48
turb0mike
First Lieutenant ///M killer
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,695
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
Mike, I noticed this thread while browsing the forum, I recognized the 190 pic from craigslist when a friend of mine was looking for a 190 cossie. I brought this thread to his attention and told him your plan for the car if you purchased it. Here's what he had to say.

"hello I am posting from a friends username on this forum, I live in Santa Barbara. My father is a MBZ mechanic. I owned a 190 16v but recently sold it. When I was looking to buy one, this car popped up on craigslist. My dad and I looked at it and it was a complete pile of shit. The front bumper doesnt fit, he cut into the quarter panel to install the need for speed vents. OEM rear wing and bumpers are missing. Front seats had tears in the Recaro leather. Does not have the OEM rims which only came on the 16v. When he started it for me it didnt even idle. To give you an example I paid 5200 for mine and it was 5x better than this one. I know a bit about these cars, txt me if you have questions. 805-319-8919"

Mike, I'm sure you'll do your homework and do all the proper inspections before buying the car. I'm not trying to tell you what to do but from what my friend is telling me along with his dad (master MBZ tech) I would stay away from this car. My friend spent a good amount of time hunting down the right cossie that was in good mechanical condition. They are out there if your willing to wait. Just my 2 cents.
I appreciate the heads up. I just texted him. I am more interested in the working motor than the body. I plan on redo'ing all of that anyways. But if the car doesn't run I am not down to pay a pre-sale inspection.
__________________

turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #49
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
VMRWheels's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 12,958
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
I just sold my Mercedes w202 a few months back. Mercedes is a totally different ball game but you'll love it once you own one. Here is some inspiration:

__________________

VMR | Wheels - Mitch A. | 714-442-7916 extension 107 | e. Mitch@velocitymotoring.com
VMRWheels is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #50
Hybrid For Life
Banned
 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 2,119
iTrader: (4)

Mike any word on finding a different 190? My friend Mark mentioned you were looking at on in Long Beach or something?
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #51
turb0mike
First Lieutenant ///M killer
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,695
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
Mike any word on finding a different 190? My friend Mark mentioned you were looking at on in Long Beach or something?
Well thanks to you I will be getting a MUCH nicer one, haha. This guy named Jeff has one for sale that has 100k original miles and hasn't been driven since 1994. It does have some registrations fees and needs a new in-tank fuel filter, but it looks great... I appreciate the reference, haha.

__________________

turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #52
Hybrid For Life
Banned
 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 2,119
iTrader: (4)

No problem mike glad I could be of some assistance! I'm guessing this one is pretty clean considering its sat for so long and has low miles. Is this the one that was in Long Beach?
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #53
turb0mike
First Lieutenant ///M killer
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,695
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
No problem mike glad I could be of some assistance! I'm guessing this one is pretty clean considering its sat for so long and has low miles. Is this the one that was in Long Beach?
It is actually in Orange County towards the mountains. It does have issues going up the hill but the dude thinks it is because of shit in the fuel tank from being left "drive less" for the past 20 years. He is going to fix that, then I need to fix AC but it is flawless other than that. Really awesome find.
__________________

turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #54
Hybrid For Life
Banned
 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 2,119
iTrader: (4)

Sweet!! I like that its the graphite color (or whatever its called) vs. the tan.
3 pedal, right?
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #55
turb0mike
First Lieutenant ///M killer
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,695
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
Sweet!! I like that its the graphite color (or whatever its called) vs. the tan.
3 pedal, right?
Had to be.
__________________

turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #56
Hybrid For Life
Banned
 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 2,119
iTrader: (4)

Good! I'll be awaiting to see how this build goes. I have high hopes, seeing from what you did to your 335
Hybrid For Life is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #57
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
 
kdbryce's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (0)

I'd usually say blasphemy!

but i've actually always loved that car

love it in black though
__________________
13 Black Sapphire e92 335i - 10 Le Mans Blue e92 335i - 09 Monaco Blue e92 328i xdrive - 07 Sparkling Graphite e92 328xi
kdbryce is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST