E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Lewis Hamilton to Sign with Mercedes?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #23
TexasZed4MC
Lieutenant
 
TexasZed4MC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas

Posts: 469
iTrader: (1)

Auto123.com has reported that Sergio Perez has signed with McLaren and Hamilton to Mercedes....glad to see him go!
__________________

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
"Racing is important to men who do it well, Racing is.... life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)
TexasZed4MC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #24
Duck360198
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 SGM 330i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Posts: 894
iTrader: (6)

I don't see how he CAN stay with McLaren. That relationship is so tarnished with Lewis' tirades. He acts like a Diva. Didn't you see his last win when he came across the finish line and his team wasn't even up on the wall congratulating him? Ferrari would NEVER offer him a ride with Alonso still there. Red Bull....I could see him taking Weber's spot. But I think Mercedes IS the right answer. They aren't THAT far behind in development. They have had some great qualifying efforts and nice races (far from perfect, obviously) so I think it would be a good fit. I like Lewis, and I want him to succeed. But I don't think it's with McLaren.
Duck360198 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #25
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Perhaps it was a good move and plan for 2014 championship.
Spending the 2013 developing the chassis, and then probably Ross Brawn will come up a move like 2009 and helped Jenson on his championship season. Given there will be a major regulation change in 2014.

But, I think LH won't stay forever, he will either move back to McLaren or Ferrari if Alonso ever retires.
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #26
Boostin FD
Major
 
Boostin FD's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Louis

Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (2)

I'm just sad to see Schumi go... F1 is not an F1 without Michael... Even though he didn't have much luck, I still enjoyed watching him Crash into other drivers
__________________
2013 Audi //RS5 Phantom Black<~~Current
2009 e92 ///M3 Jerez Black<~~~~Sold
2009 Audi //S5 Phantom Black<~~Sold
2002 e46 ///M3 Carbon Black <~~Sold
2007 Audi //RS4 Dolphin Gray<~~Sold
Boostin FD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
Echo M3
Major
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

It's official. WOW! I knew all the signs were pointing to this, but this is a MAJOR change in the grid.

It's interesting to note that Mercedes also signed the Concorde agreement - which means they will be in F1 for the long term. That's probably what motivated Hamilton to switch teams. That, and Mercedes probably have a great set up for next year.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...-for-mercedes/
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #28
3erdriver
Second Lieutenant
 
3erdriver's Avatar
 
Drives: _
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
I don't see how he CAN stay with McLaren. That relationship is so tarnished with Lewis' tirades. He acts like a Diva.
It'll be interesting for sure. I'm anxious to hear him moan and cry about being in the 4-6 finishing spots. As close at Mercedes is, McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari are likely going to be ahead for the foreseeable future. He should have got the humility back from his rookie year, shut up and kept with McLaren.

I really liked him but he's really got to be drama in the last 18-24 months, it's too bad.
__________________
.
3erdriver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
F1-fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Agree. He is like a spoiled brat most times. If he moves away from a top team like McLeran, he will fade away which is fine with me. (Him and his family entourage)
Am I the only one who looks forward to seeing Nicole Scherzinger in the paddock at every race?
F1-fanatic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #30
3erdriver
Second Lieutenant
 
3erdriver's Avatar
 
Drives: _
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-fanatic View Post
Am I the only one who looks forward to seeing Nicole Scherzinger in the paddock at every race?
i think so.
__________________
.
3erdriver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #31
ianbiz
4th E90
 
ianbiz's Avatar
 
Drives: German
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne/Orlando, Florida

Posts: 5,136
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-fanatic View Post
Am I the only one who looks forward to seeing Nicole Scherzinger in the paddock at every race?
Yes. There are WAY hotter women in the paddock than her. im just sayin'
__________________
Ian
06 325 06 330 06 330 07 335 11 335 Msport
ianbiz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
F1-fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
Yes. There are WAY hotter women in the paddock than her. im just sayin'
Well I'm not about to debate personal taste, other than to mention that she's regarded internationally as one of the most beautiful women in the world, but maybe someone needs to start a thread - rating the girlfriends of F1 drivers.
F1-fanatic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #33
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,685
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-fanatic View Post
...but maybe someone needs to start a thread - rating the girlfriends of F1 drivers.
^^


...only a matter of time now!
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #34
Itgb
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2003 M3 Vert
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego

Posts: 194
iTrader: (1)

My jaw dropped when I saw the news this morning. I've never really liked Hamilton's attitude and this decision just backs that up. He has his new management team telling him he's going to be a superstar with endorsement deals, more money, etc. from Mercedes. Except the fact that no one is going to care about him in a couple of years if he doesn't win anything with a non-proven team like Mercedes. It doesn't surprise me at all that Hamilton would turn his back on the people that have given him everything so far in his career.

On the other hand, good for Perez. He's made the most of his opportunity with Sauber to get himself into this position and he deserves it. I actually thought Di Resta had a shot at the McLaren seat with his Mercedes connection, but I guess he's been outshined by Perez for most of the year. Now what will Ferrari do with Massa's seat?
__________________
2003 BMW M3 Vert AW/CIN | 2010 Audi A4 Avant | 2006 Scion xB | Past: 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T, 1986 MB 190E 2.3-16

Last edited by Itgb; 09-28-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Itgb is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #35
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itgb View Post
Now what will Ferrari do with Massa's seat?
burn it
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #36
F1-fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itgb View Post
Now what will Ferrari do with Massa's seat?
Is there any possibility that Schumacher will take back the Ferrari seat?
F1-fanatic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #37
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,960
iTrader: (0)

Big lewis fan, he had to leave mclaren, that team is a joke with their strategy. But mercedes cars suck. Should be interesting.
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #38
phrozen06
NA V8
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas

Posts: 1,426
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-fanatic View Post
Is there any possibility that Schumacher will take back the Ferrari seat?
I think Schumi will end up back in the DTM and piss off Ralph. LOL.
__________________
phrozen06 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #39
Echo M3
Major
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itgb View Post
My jaw dropped when I saw the news this morning. I've never really liked Hamilton's attitude and this decision just backs that up. He has his new management team telling him he's going to be a superstar with endorsement deals, more money, etc. from Mercedes. Except the fact that no one is going to care about him in a couple of years if he doesn't win anything with a non-proven team like Mercedes. It doesn't surprise me at all that Hamilton would turn his back on the people that have given him everything so far in his career.

On the other hand, good for Perez. He's made the most of his opportunity with Sauber to get himself into this position and he deserves it. I actually thought Di Resta had a shot at the McLaren seat with his Mercedes connection, but I guess he's been outshined by Perez for most of the year. Now what will Ferrari do with Massa's seat?
My guess is that Di Resta will move to Ferrari to replace Massa. I don't see any other good replacements, at least for 2013.

I think by not signing Perez, Ferrari are basically indicating that they want Vettel in '14.
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #40
M3_WC
Colonel
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 2,203
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo M3 View Post
My guess is that Di Resta will move to Ferrari to replace Massa. I don't see any other good replacements, at least for 2013.

I think by not signing Perez, Ferrari are basically indicating that they want Vettel in '14.
They could just tough out one more season with Massa, to set up for a bid at Vettel. Eventhough Massa should have been out of the sport a while ago.
M3_WC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #41
Timujin
First Lieutenant
 
Timujin's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

Posts: 333
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [3.75]
It is time for change. The GP2 terrors are on the same team again. Whatever you say about H.A.M. he is a talent and Ross will get his arse straight.

BTW he needs to kick Nicole to da curb. He was better before her old ass showed up no offense.
__________________
Timujin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 02:51 AM   #42
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itgb View Post
It doesn't surprise me at all that Hamilton would turn his back on the people that have given him everything so far in his career.
I've been seeing a lot of poeple saying he has turned his back, betrayed, etc. Regardless of your opinion of the move, this line of thought is a bit ridiculous. In your mind, was he forever locked to only drive with McLaren? What about when McLaren are ready to dump him, can he not go anywhere else? Or only when they feel they've had their fill of him is he allowed to finally leave?

He gave McLaren their first WDC after a 10 year dry-spell, as well as a number of wins and good runs at the championship. And has driven for the team for 5 years in F1. Like/dislike McLaren, like/dislike Hamilton, but neither owe each other anything. That is what the contracts are for. Don't forget that this is a business and sentiment, while maybe a pleasant notion, has no place in the paddock.

In the same thought, is Perez turning his back on Ferrari for going off and signing up with McLaren? The answer is obviously no.
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #43
doc19
Second Lieutenant
 
doc19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Maryland

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I've been seeing a lot of poeple saying he has turned his back, betrayed, etc. Regardless of your opinion of the move, this line of thought is a bit ridiculous. In your mind, was he forever locked to only drive with McLaren? What about when McLaren are ready to dump him, can he not go anywhere else? Or only when they feel they've had their fill of him is he allowed to finally leave?

He gave McLaren their first WDC after a 10 year dry-spell, as well as a number of wins and good runs at the championship. And has driven for the team for 5 years in F1. Like/dislike McLaren, like/dislike Hamilton, but neither owe each other anything. That is what the contracts are for. Don't forget that this is a business and sentiment, while maybe a pleasant notion, has no place in the paddock.

In the same thought, is Perez turning his back on Ferrari for going off and signing up with McLaren? The answer is obviously no.
+1 Totally agree
__________________
"This is like having a house-cat that’s a bengal tiger." - Todd Deeken, everydaydriver.com, on owning an e90 m3.
doc19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #44
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I've been seeing a lot of poeple saying he has turned his back, betrayed, etc. Regardless of your opinion of the move, this line of thought is a bit ridiculous. In your mind, was he forever locked to only drive with McLaren? What about when McLaren are ready to dump him, can he not go anywhere else? Or only when they feel they've had their fill of him is he allowed to finally leave?

He gave McLaren their first WDC after a 10 year dry-spell, as well as a number of wins and good runs at the championship. And has driven for the team for 5 years in F1. Like/dislike McLaren, like/dislike Hamilton, but neither owe each other anything. That is what the contracts are for. Don't forget that this is a business and sentiment, while maybe a pleasant notion, has no place in the paddock.

In the same thought, is Perez turning his back on Ferrari for going off and signing up with McLaren? The answer is obviously no.
+1

Wish him best of luck on everything!!!
F1 moves on, regardless good decision or not.
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST