E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vargas Turbo making upgraded turbos



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
mave198
Lieutenant
mave198's Avatar
6
Rep
446
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brooklyn NYC

iTrader: (2)

Vargas Turbo making upgraded turbos

Saw this on the "other forum"......

" I am a new supporting vendor and will be announced on the site soon. A little background until then, my company has been in the turbocharger business for 35+ years starting with High Performance custom applications in the 70's, and transitioning into FAA, Diesel, and Industrial turbochargers because frankly thats where the money is. But I have been following the N54 platform for a while and have seen the need for a good solution to the turbo problems you guys face. So I decided to come back to our high performance roots more for fun than anything else and try to bring you guys something you need. You can see our industrial and diesel site at Vargasturbo.com the dedicated N54 portion of the site is under construction and should be live soon. First off I am here to learn as much as I can from this community as we bring these products to the market because as I said we have a LOT of turbocharger experience but am relatively new to the N54 platform. We look forward to talking to and hopefully working with more of you guys. There will be more info to come soon. But I like to get my ducks in a row before I say too much. Just wanted to let some people know that the problem is being addressed and will be addressed properly. As for a timeline I am well into R&D and looking to drop the BB twins around christmas time so 2-3 months. But the direct replacement hybrids are already testing, should be ready to ship in 2 weeks or and will come in at a much lower price point than what is on the market currently."

" Hybrids units are TD03 / TD04 hybrids and come in 2 stages.

Stage 1: Is a TD03 / TD04 Hybrid with an upgraded TD04 compressor wheel, machined compressor housing and bearing housing, new updated actuator, and 7 degree clipped stock turbine wheel. These will max out at around 475-500 BHP range. Intro price on these is $1499

Stage 2: Is the same as stage 1 but also upgrades to a TD04 turbine wheel on the exhaust side. These should max out around 550-575 BHP depending on tuning, fuel, meth, etc. We are testing them now. This is about where you are reaching the limits of the stock turbine housing and you might be able to push these to 600 but its working them overtime. Intro price on these is will be $1999

Stage 1 just about ready to ship and stage 2 should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks or so. I will keep you guys posted on the N54 section of our website going live for ordering.

Worth noting with all upgrades there is a core charge and once provided with rebuildable cores the charge is completely refunded. We can rebuild your stock units to like new condition for $799, core charge does also apply if your stock turbos are not rebuildable or you do not provide cores.

As always these are just turbochargers and gains are always dependent on proper tuning, complimenting upgrades, and proper fueling.

To answer your question DCAFS: This brings us to our Stage 3 which will be our Ball Bearing twin upgrades, they will include manifolds, turbos, downpipes, oil and water lines, and possibly charge pipes. These are in the R&D stage and unfortunately thats all I can say about them right now. But I will have pictures and a lot more info on them soon. Thanks for the inquiries and feel free to PM me questions and I'll do my best to answer them."

Vargasturbo.com for those interested.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
rdeterman
First Lieutenant
rdeterman's Avatar
7
Rep
377
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (1)

interesting..
__________________
JB4 G5 ISO W/BMS FLASH, FBO, Walbro LPFP, Spec S2+ SMFW
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
jpsimon
Team Zissou
jpsimon's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
9,017
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

awesome. the more options the merrier. hopefully these actually get to market
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
longliven54
Lieutenant
longliven54's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
465
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i e90 auto
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: victoria

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon
awesome. the more options the merrier. hopefully these actually get to market
+1
__________________
JB4 G5 / VRSF IC / STETT CAI / GREDDY / custom exhaust / iRotora cross drilled rotots / snow stage 3 meth / 19" iForged senekas / upgraded speakers n CF woofer box / M3 bits/ DINAN camber plates/ KONI/ megan racing toe arm/ supreme power lowering perch
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
Mahhvinn's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
7,953
Posts

 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
very interesting. Hopefully they'll actually be sold and not just discussed.
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Yup. Good news, finally a practical turbo solution that dousn't have BMW tax.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
28
Rep
1,692
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

iTrader: (2)

I was close to getting RB's but I am going to hold on a bit longer and see what they can do.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
Ilma
Colonel
29
Rep
2,570
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

iTrader: (0)

http://www.vargasturbo.com/


Have a look around their website......talk about capable

I think this is going to be a reality.

The industrial section is eye opening.

Here is a picture they posted comparing our TD03 to a commercial customers turbo.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Sticky is an idiot
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
BES335xi
Colonel
BES335xi's Avatar
Albania
30
Rep
2,133
Posts

 
Drives: FBO+ N54xi
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Queens, NYC

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [0.50]
According to vargas from - BB forum stage 1/2 already on the streets Running JB4/Cobb....
So these turbos look like will happen for sure...Very exciting stuff!
__________________
JB4+usb | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | Edibias/NCSExpert/INPA BMW Coding | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumper | Red Cyba Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | etc..
.

Last edited by BES335xi; 09-06-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Cobb/JB4
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
King mode
First Lieutenant
4
Rep
374
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Twin gt2871's please.....
__________________
2008 335xi AT
Cobb AP stage 1, drop in filter, the rest stock
13.10@106.01 w/ 1.86 60' (5,800' altitude)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
Simple3
Lieutenant
12
Rep
554
Posts

 
Drives: f10 550i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

1499? Is there a pre-order going on? I wants!!!! This answers my prayer to upgraded twins so pretty much I can get these, buy the installation kit, AND get them installed for under 3k!!! Nice!!!!!

Last edited by Simple3; 09-06-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #12
07bmw335iguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
227
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (4)

Um this would be incredible, my 3000gt had td04's in it, strong turbos.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #13
quattrosaint
Lieutenant
quattrosaint's Avatar
13
Rep
554
Posts

 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King mode View Post
Twin gt2871's please.....
If space permits................THIS!
__________________
[size="2"]335 E92 Space Gray/Coral/Aluminum/6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #14
rudypoochris
Private
0
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92/72 Datsun 240z
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #15
Simple3
Lieutenant
12
Rep
554
Posts

 
Drives: f10 550i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

E-mailed regarding vendor status here to we can get up to date into and possibly a pre-order going and got this...

I actually contacted e90 on becoming a vendor before BB. Never got an email back. The people at [site omitted] were super friendly and helpful. Im glad to hear I have more local people interested in the turbos. I will def keep you posted on when the stage 2's will be ready. Just waiting on the machining. If you know who to contact directly over at e90 let me know.

Tony

Admins! Contact this guy!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #16
plague
Captain
plague's Avatar
14
Rep
956
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sold :( / jb 20th AE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

wow. awesome
__________________
07 335i- SOLD, and will be missed...

Parts for sale- PWM meth kit, M steering wheel, M shift knob, perforated e brake handle
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #17
joec500
Brigadier General
46
Rep
3,004
Posts

 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (10)

Very interested and local. Just pm'd the Stage 2's sound very promising.
__________________
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #18
jippii ensio
Major
13
Rep
1,224
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

iTrader: (0)

Reality check.
There are no results. What is his experience in turbo upgrades for cars?
He has been here for some time already as Tonyturbo42
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #19
jacobniell
Private First Class
jacobniell's Avatar
Denmark
1
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mave198 View Post
Saw this on the "other forum"......

" I am a new supporting vendor and will be announced on the site soon. A little background until then, my company has been in the turbocharger business for 35+ years starting with High Performance custom applications in the 70's, and transitioning into FAA, Diesel, and Industrial turbochargers because frankly thats where the money is. But I have been following the N54 platform for a while and have seen the need for a good solution to the turbo problems you guys face. So I decided to come back to our high performance roots more for fun than anything else and try to bring you guys something you need. You can see our industrial and diesel site at Vargasturbo.com the dedicated N54 portion of the site is under construction and should be live soon. First off I am here to learn as much as I can from this community as we bring these products to the market because as I said we have a LOT of turbocharger experience but am relatively new to the N54 platform. We look forward to talking to and hopefully working with more of you guys. There will be more info to come soon. But I like to get my ducks in a row before I say too much. Just wanted to let some people know that the problem is being addressed and will be addressed properly. As for a timeline I am well into R&D and looking to drop the BB twins around christmas time so 2-3 months. But the direct replacement hybrids are already testing, should be ready to ship in 2 weeks or and will come in at a much lower price point than what is on the market currently."

" Hybrids units are TD03 / TD04 hybrids and come in 2 stages.

Stage 1: Is a TD03 / TD04 Hybrid with an upgraded TD04 compressor wheel, machined compressor housing and bearing housing, new updated actuator, and 7 degree clipped stock turbine wheel. These will max out at around 475-500 BHP range. Intro price on these is $1499

Stage 2: Is the same as stage 1 but also upgrades to a TD04 turbine wheel on the exhaust side. These should max out around 550-575 BHP depending on tuning, fuel, meth, etc. We are testing them now. This is about where you are reaching the limits of the stock turbine housing and you might be able to push these to 600 but its working them overtime. Intro price on these is will be $1999

Stage 1 just about ready to ship and stage 2 should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks or so. I will keep you guys posted on the N54 section of our website going live for ordering.

Worth noting with all upgrades there is a core charge and once provided with rebuildable cores the charge is completely refunded. We can rebuild your stock units to like new condition for $799, core charge does also apply if your stock turbos are not rebuildable or you do not provide cores.

As always these are just turbochargers and gains are always dependent on proper tuning, complimenting upgrades, and proper fueling.

To answer your question DCAFS: This brings us to our Stage 3 which will be our Ball Bearing twin upgrades, they will include manifolds, turbos, downpipes, oil and water lines, and possibly charge pipes. These are in the R&D stage and unfortunately thats all I can say about them right now. But I will have pictures and a lot more info on them soon. Thanks for the inquiries and feel free to PM me questions and I'll do my best to answer them."

Vargasturbo.com for those interested.
Is it just me or have they not updatet their site yet regarding the mentioned N54 section?
__________________
2007 E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #20
Zasquatch
Captain
Zasquatch's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
622
Posts

 
Drives: '07 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CT

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobniell View Post
Is it just me or have they not updatet their site yet regarding the mentioned N54 section?
They said they are working on it and it will be up soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #21
jlcolon2001
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
3
Rep
200
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe 2007
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Subscribed
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #22
type rrr
Second Lieutenant
type rrr's Avatar
3
Rep
232
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: montreal canada

iTrader: (0)

looks good !!!!!
__________________
2007 335i coupe AT-- I80AS--FBO -stock turbos--COBB v402 beta stage 2 + ATR-- NITTO'S 275-40-17 NT05R --- 12.025 @ 120 mph -- full weight
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST