E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > LTMW | Creaminz. E90. BBS. E88.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #45
THE TECH
Lieutenant General
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts

 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Looks good.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #46
Ghost170
Brigadier General
Ghost170's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
3,358
Posts

 
Drives: VIP Sport 335!
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: N CA

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
very nice
__________________
07 E92 335!

AA AE GP HR LC M3 KW BMS BMW LUX CYBA STRI WORK HELIX MTECH LSWEEE(Wavetrac)!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #47
kamek
Brigadier General
United_States
60
Rep
3,180
Posts

 
Drives: 328xi 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Queens, NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [4.10]
Send a message via AIM to kamek
ugh
__________________

E92 328xi | KW | AA | LUX | OEM 359M | BMW Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #48
elim11
Captain
17
Rep
627
Posts

 
Drives: e90m3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: irvine/sf

iTrader: (10)

So nice.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #49
BKap08
Colonel
BKap08's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
2,639
Posts

 
Drives: LCI
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

beautiful
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #50
AllBlackBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
AllBlackBimmer's Avatar
44
Rep
1,571
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i E90
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central PA area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
How does this make sense? 19s fill in the wheel gap half an inch more than 18s. Yes, your front bumper will be half an inch higher off the ground, but being flush is all about wheel gap and 19s kill wheel gap more than 18s. At least, that's my understanding of it. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
The actual gap is the same... the outside diameter of a tire on a 18" rim compared to a tire on a 19" should be no different...

...what is different is how it "appears to look" ... 19s are bigger thus, there is more rim in the wheel well and less tire, which makes it appear to be less gap.

gap should be the same regardless.

Still think 19s with a little stretch and poke looks better than 18s, but to each his own ... the car with same wheels in 19s would be
__________________
2008 328i E90 Jet Black:6MT:Premium:Sport:Walnut/Black interior:Xenon:MTEC V3 AEs:19" Beyern Mesh:35% Tint:Blacklines:OEM Front Splitters
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #51
EDM92
Colonel
EDM92's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
2,562
Posts

 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackBimmer View Post
The actual gap is the same... the outside diameter of a tire on a 18" rim compared to a tire on a 19" should be no different...

...what is different is how it "appears to look" ... 19s are bigger thus, there is more rim in the wheel well and less tire, which makes it appear to be less gap.

gap should be the same regardless.

Still think 19s with a little stretch and poke looks better than 18s, but to each his own ... the car with same wheels in 19s would be
I don't follow what you're saying at all. You say the gap is the same between an 18 inch and 19 inch rim but it appears to look smaller with 19s? Why would it just randomly appear that way? It's not random, one would assume it appears that way because the rim is bigger, it takes up more space, therefore closing the gap more (half an inch more). How can it appear to be less of a gap for no reason?

I know for a fact if I got 18s instead of my current 19s, I would have to drop it a little lower (half an inch) to retain the same gap I have now.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #52
daheechang
Colonel
United_States
41
Rep
2,387
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Shoreline

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to daheechang
your car is ridiculous. very well put together like always. love it darren!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #53
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Yodaime's Avatar
Vietnam
56
Rep
3,402
Posts

 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (12)

Rimmmmmmmmm Naooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #54
Rylen
Colonel
Rylen's Avatar
59
Rep
2,775
Posts

 
Drives: White 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orange County CA

iTrader: (2)

If u have a 285/35/18 rear I'd go with a 245/40/18 front and add a thick spacer (so the stretch in front matches the rear)

Also the 285/35/18 rear is 25.9" tall
A 245/40/18 front would be 25.7" tall (just 5mm shorter than ur rear setup)

Not sure which 265 u are running in front but a 265/35/18 is 25.3" tall which I think is too short to match the rear setup, and a 265/40/18 is 26.4" tall which is too tall to match the rear setup u have..

This 245/40 and 285/35 combination would give u a bit of natural rake.

Anyway just my opinion anyway
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #55
335REGULATION
Second Lieutenant
335REGULATION's Avatar
Puerto Rico
3
Rep
281
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI M-Package 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Nobody rocks 18s as you do....love your car!
__________________
2009 LCI E90/N54/Space Gray/M-Package/Sport Premium Package/6MT w BMW Performance Shifter/Black Dakota Leather/Wood Trim/Navigation/PDC/Comfort Access/
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #56
turb0mike
turb0mike's Avatar
71
Rep
2,709
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
God I love E88s!!! Car looks awesome as always Darren!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #57
spdy330
Major General
spdy330's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
6,074
Posts

 
Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (161)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
Looks great!
__________________
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #58
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
GTAutoConcepts's Avatar
Thailand
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

sick
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #59
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Shoulda just got a GTR
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #60
LACSTER
Major General
192
Rep
8,195
Posts

 
Drives: Hybrid
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: oc

iTrader: (64)

Wheel Whore!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #61
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
43
Rep
2,119
Posts

 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (4)

god damn I need some wide wheels. those look great. mad props man!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #62
2ndname
Autobot
2ndname's Avatar
4
Rep
454
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Auto~NO~Go
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East Bay

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
BEASTING!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #63
bmwaddict
No Music...No Life...!
bmwaddict's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,557
Posts

 
Drives: '11 AW 335is E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (1)

spec on the bbs lm dbk please?
__________________
M3 CSL " This is BMW at its absolute best. - Jeremy Clarkson
E92 M3 " ... M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #64
speedfan
Major
speedfan's Avatar
Vietnam
30
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HCM City

iTrader: (2)

creaminz...in the 1st & 2nd pic, the side skirt is not straight, or is it my eyes ?
__________________
My e90

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #65
Kriston
The Ultimate Driving Machine
Kriston's Avatar
Canada
45
Rep
2,252
Posts

 
Drives: Like Donkey Kong on Roids
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfan View Post
creaminz...in the 1st & 2nd pic, the side skirt is not straight, or is it my eyes ?
you are right..... they are wavy.
__________________
CHUCK NORRIS ON WHEELS

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #66
PSUSMU
Captain
20
Rep
812
Posts

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
I don't follow what you're saying at all. You say the gap is the same between an 18 inch and 19 inch rim but it appears to look smaller with 19s? Why would it just randomly appear that way? It's not random, one would assume it appears that way because the rim is bigger, it takes up more space, therefore closing the gap more (half an inch more). How can it appear to be less of a gap for no reason?

I know for a fact if I got 18s instead of my current 19s, I would have to drop it a little lower (half an inch) to retain the same gap I have now.
You're wrong, he's right. The overall diameter does not change by more than 0.1" when going from a 2x5/40/18 to 2x5/35/19.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST