E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > [E92] PICS/REVIEW: JGMODS' M3-style fenders

03-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #1
brnmcn

Drives: 07 A52 E92 N54 6MT

Post [E92] PICS/REVIEW: JGMODS' M3-style fenders

Here's a review of the M3-style fenders I ordered pre-painted from JGMODS with PICTURES.
*Note: these ratings are entirely based on my purchase and past/present experiences alone. Some might have rated them lower or higher by their own preference. Consider my review a supplement to the BMW media in your mind. I will NOT answer specific price questions via PM or on this thread. Ask the vendor. (Price was reasonable)

Paint quality: 9.5/10. Panel was exceptionally painted and the only issues I had were clear coat run off going onto some bolts and sliding mount clips, which made mobility of said items initially difficult.
Paint match: 8.5/10. For someone just going off of a paint code, this was a very good job. I'm sure JGMODS' painter factors in time fading based on the information sent during a quote request. My OEM panels have a slight yellow tinge to them due to time/weather in environment.
Panel quality: 9.5/10. Made from what looks to be the same material as the OEM fenders.
Panel fitment: 8.5/10. I've had many aftermarket fenders for different makes of vehicles and this is podium status. Thank goodness for this poly material and its flexibility. Also, making use of all the mounting points and bolt points for adjustments makes the fitment forgiving.
DIY difficulty: 5/10. Have a friend with you. You'll get upset at how many little things you might have to keep track of, take off, adjust...especially the passenger side with having to replace the washer tank with an M3 tank.
Arrival quality: 7/10. The way these things were packed and the small things that were chipped upon arrival almost made me upset, but what was inside made up for all of it...that, and JGMODS' attention to service. *Vendor Review Here*
Overall: 8.9/10. Anything above a 7.5 and I'd order and vouch for again.
Attached Images

brnmcn is offline   No_Country
      03-24-2014, 12:47 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnmcn View Post
Here's a review of the M3-style fenders I ordered pre-painted from JGMODS with PICTURES.
*Note: these ratings are entirely based on my purchase and past/present experiences alone. Some might have rated them lower or higher by their own preference. Consider my review a supplement to the BMW media in your mind. I will NOT answer specific price questions via PM or on this thread. Ask the vendor. (Price was reasonable)

Paint quality: 9.5/10. Panel was exceptionally painted and the only issues I had were clear coat run off going onto some bolts and sliding mount clips, which made mobility of said items initially difficult.
Paint match: 8.5/10. For someone just going off of a paint code, this was a very good job. I'm sure JGMODS' painter factors in time fading based on the information sent during a quote request. My OEM panels have a slight yellow tinge to them due to time/weather in environment.
Panel quality: 9.5/10. Made from what looks to be the same material as the OEM fenders.
Panel fitment: 8.5/10. I've had many aftermarket fenders for different makes of vehicles and this is podium status. Thank goodness for this poly material and its flexibility. Also, making use of all the mounting points and bolt points for adjustments makes the fitment forgiving.
DIY difficulty: 5/10. Have a friend with you. You'll get upset at how many little things you might have to keep track of, take off, adjust...especially the passenger side with having to replace the washer tank with an M3 tank.
Arrival quality: 7/10. The way these things were packed and the small things that were chipped upon arrival almost made me upset, but what was inside made up for all of it...that, and JGMODS' attention to service. *Vendor Review Here*
Overall: 8.9/10. Anything above a 7.5 and I'd order and vouch for again.
I also ordered these from JGMods

Paint Quality/Match: I never buy pre-painted parts mainly for match reasons. I had them painted @ local shop I always use so that they could custom match the paint to the hood/doors/bumper - I removed the sliding mounts before paint & just re-used my original painted versions so no problems with sticking.
Panel Quality: Agree with you, they are made from same material as OEM & there was minimal flashing to clean up.
Panel Fitment: Agree with you here also - the way the fenders mount are very forgiving and EZ to align - I did the install myself.
DIY: Again, I agree - needed no help to install. DS fairly fast, PS little longer as you have to swap out to the M3 Washer Tank & move over all the pumps/sensors & such from your old washer tank. I was installing my new M3 Side Skirts with CF Side Diffusers @ same time so having to R&R the skirts was not wasted time
Arrival Quality: I too was surprised how they were shipped (not in a box) but in some very irregular cardboard covers for each fender, taped together. I was most worried about the sharp points at front of fender when I saw the packaging & how beat up it looked from FedEx. Those areas on my fenders were double wrapped inside & had no damage - I see from your 5th pic that it looks as if at least one of your tips got broken off
I mentioned the condition of packaging to Jay - he stated that shipping that way reduces shipping costs - everyone always bitches about ship costs for these larger parts - not fully understanding what it means to cut costs. If it was up to me, I guess I would have paid more for an actual box to contain them - but mine were good...

One thing I wasn't to keen on were the aftermarket side gills/lights - there were only (7) LED's, and the parts were definitely not OEM quality.

I ended up not using them - I went with OEM M3 Black Chrome versions with 24SMD LED Amber lights. This did mean a little xtra work as the aftermarket lights come with PnP adapters to our side light wiring harness - while the OEM's have the M3 specific connectors - no problem, just a little xtra work cutting off my stock side light wiring connectors and installing the correct M3 pins/connectors.

Oh, and I also ordered custom side marker badges from a guy on eBay in UK that has been making them for a lot of us switching to these fenders so as to not have 'M3' badges on my car...
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States
      03-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
mashimarho
BMW Genius

Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™

Garage List
Looks good! I've been thinking about doing the same too..

Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
mashimarho is offline   United_States
      03-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Underground6t9
Private First Class

Drives: BMW 335xi, Audi S4, Lex is250

just went on jgmods.com and didn't see the fenders?
      03-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
1QuikWS6
No 55mph

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground6t9 View Post
just went on jgmods.com and didn't see the fenders?
http://www.jgmods.com/index.php/e92-...e-fenders.html
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States
      03-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
Underground6t9
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Thanks BTW those fenders look sweet. That will be my next exterior mod.
      03-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
brnmcn

Drives: 07 A52 E92 N54 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Oh, and I also ordered custom side marker badges from a guy on eBay in UK that has been making them for a lot of us switching to these fenders so as to not have 'M3' badges on my car...
Oh, me too.
Attached Images

brnmcn is offline   No_Country
      05-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #8
BeastMode335i
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

anyone have a pic of those badges installed in these fenders?
      05-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
dragazn
Captain

Drives: i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [2.88]
Send a message via Yahoo to dragazn
How much was it for JGmods if they prepainted? Didn't see on their website
      05-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #10
Game
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragazn View Post
How much was it for JGmods if they prepainted? Didn't see on their website
$425 I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i View Post
anyone have a pic of those badges installed in these fenders?
There's a few floating around. Either way the guy who makes them has gone MIA.
      05-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #11
Underground6t9
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnmcn View Post
Oh, me too.
Those are sweet.
      05-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #12
BeastMode335i
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
$425 I believe.

There's a few floating around. Either way the guy who makes them has gone MIA.
I'd love to see one =)
      07-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #13
e90mbition
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E46, E90

anything for e90???