E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Recommendations for trunk Subwoofers



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #23
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
VP Electricity's Avatar
United_States
105
Rep
3,188
Posts

Drives: E91 XDrive
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: portland oregon

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartracer View Post
Ken, that's an E90, isn't it? My sub enclosure replaces the battery cover, doesn't sit on top of it.

Mike
This is the E90. The E92 didn't have enough space on top of the battery cover, so we went with replacing it and went with a 12".
__________________
Musicar Northwest Portland OR musicarnw.com
Musicar Certified Sound for BMW
FB @musicarcertifiedsoundBMW
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 11:28 PM   #24
ib_rb
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: E93
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Reviving an old post. I also have a convertible and believe a solid low end is possible. I am leaning towards an IB install but only have room for a 12. A single Image Dynamics would do about as good as anything I am thinking. I've not heard a single 12 but it certainly would do better than what I'm listening to currently which is nothing. Any better options for a limited space and no corner option sub?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #25
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
kaigoss69's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
3,741
Posts

Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: JAX

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib_rb View Post
Reviving an old post. I also have a convertible and believe a solid low end is possible. I am leaning towards an IB install but only have room for a 12. A single Image Dynamics would do about as good as anything I am thinking. I've not heard a single 12 but it certainly would do better than what I'm listening to currently which is nothing. Any better options for a limited space and no corner option sub?
Well that mostly depends on how loud you like things to get and how much you care about SQ. You can pretty much go three different ways:

1. SQ sub. Something like Dynaudio or Focal, high dollar beautiful sounding subs, but limited in xmax and therefore volume. Cost $1000+

2. SQL sub. Something like the IDMax or JL 12W7 (or even W6) with relatively high xmax, for higher volume capabilities while still sounding great. Cost $400+

3. "Standard" sub, that can work in IB, like ID12, JBL GTO or many others. Limited xmax, limited volume, but inexpensive. Cost $100+

Personally, I'm not a bass head but I like the idea of being able to turn it up past "normal" levels if I have the urge to do so. If I had the convertible, I would only consider the IDMax, W7 and W6, in order of preference. I would give each of those subs at least 500W - 750W for best results.
__________________
Mobridge DA2 > JBL MS-8 > ARC XDi 600/4 > JBL Gti 408 Mids & Vifa OT19 Tweeters; PG Ti2 1600.5 > Morel HCW-10 & IDMax 15
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #26
ib_rb
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: E93
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
Well that mostly depends on how loud you like things to get and how much you care about SQ. You can pretty much go three different ways:

1. SQ sub. Something like Dynaudio or Focal, high dollar beautiful sounding subs, but limited in xmax and therefore volume. Cost $1000+

2. SQL sub. Something like the IDMax or JL 12W7 (or even W6) with relatively high xmax, for higher volume capabilities while still sounding great. Cost $400+

3. "Standard" sub, that can work in IB, like ID12, JBL GTO or many others. Limited xmax, limited volume, but inexpensive. Cost $100+

Personally, I'm not a bass head but I like the idea of being able to turn it up past "normal" levels if I have the urge to do so. If I had the convertible, I would only consider the IDMax, W7 and W6, in order of preference. I would give each of those subs at least 500W - 750W for best results.
I'm not a bass head either but may share your "past normal" urge on occasion. Great feedback and confirmation of the IDMax12, which is the direction I am headed. Although while perusing the JL catalog I stumbled across the 13W7. What a beauty.....

My issue is having only listened to large cone/multiple driver IB setups, I don't have any personal experience as to how a single IDMax12 will perform in this application. Maybe speaks to the fact that I need to get out more!

No doubt the IDMax will be a marked improvement and should be more than enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #27
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
kaigoss69's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
3,741
Posts

Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: JAX

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib_rb View Post
I'm not a bass head either but may share your "past normal" urge on occasion. Great feedback and confirmation of the IDMax12, which is the direction I am headed. Although while perusing the JL catalog I stumbled across the 13W7. What a beauty.....

My issue is having only listened to large cone/multiple driver IB setups, I don't have any personal experience as to how a single IDMax12 will perform in this application. Maybe speaks to the fact that I need to get out more!

No doubt the IDMax will be a marked improvement and should be more than enough.
May also want to consider the JBL W12GTi MKII. I'd put it up there with the IDMax, and you may be able to get it for a little less.
__________________
Mobridge DA2 > JBL MS-8 > ARC XDi 600/4 > JBL Gti 408 Mids & Vifa OT19 Tweeters; PG Ti2 1600.5 > Morel HCW-10 & IDMax 15
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #28
csu87
Colonel
csu87's Avatar
1247
Rep
2,770
Posts

Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Colorado

iTrader: (0)

look into the sundown sa line, the sundown SD line and the incriminator audio flatyne line.

All great SQL subs and are lots cheaper than the "Name Brand" Subs.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST