E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Request: Spec 2+ Clutch Review

03-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #23
Nick-ACNB
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Smile

Not sure if you are still looking for a review. I just finished the installation yesterday. I had planned on going with ACT but Jeff from Top Gear Solutions suggested I get the Spec Stage 2+ with my DMF instead. So far so good, only 20 miles on it however. I'm trying to find reasons to drive the car

I'll be able to post a review once it's fully broke in.

I use the car as my DD and could not see this clutch being an issue since it feels a lot like the stock clutch. The engagement point seems smaller but does not move from stock: I have a clutch stop and can keep it without any issue. I'm happy with it!

I want to thank Jeff from TGS for pointing me in this direction!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #24
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-ACNB View Post
Not sure if you are still looking for a review. I just finished the installation yesterday. I had planned on going with ACT but Jeff from Top Gear Solutions suggested I get the Spec Stage 2+ with my DMF instead. So far so good, only 20 miles on it however. I'm trying to find reasons to drive the car

I'll be able to post a review once it's fully broke in.

I use the car as my DD and could not see this clutch being an issue since it feels a lot like the stock clutch. The engagement point seems smaller but does not move from stock: I have a clutch stop and can keep it without any issue. I'm happy with it!

I want to thank Jeff from TGS for pointing me in this direction!
The more reviews the better. Thanks for your order.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #25
MikeB@fftec
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 03 Evo 8

Send a message via AIM to MikeB@fftec
The Spec Stage 2+ is a great clutch and has held up to the single turbo abuse without any issues on all the cars we've installed in on.

They are completely manageable on a daily driven car. You will notice some chatter with the SMFW, but it's not bad in my opinion.

I would recommend using a single mass flywheel with the single turbo kit as there have been documented cases where the dual mass flywheel will cause mis-firing issues on the higher horsepower applications.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB@fftec View Post
The Spec Stage 2+ is a great clutch and has held up to the single turbo abuse without any issues on all the cars we've installed in on.

They are completely manageable on a daily driven car. You will notice some chatter with the SMFW, but it's not bad in my opinion.

I would recommend using a single mass flywheel with the single turbo kit as there have been documented cases where the dual mass flywheel will cause mis-firing issues on the higher horsepower applications.
Can't wait to get mine installed!

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #27
335iJWC
~~~
United_States
Rep

Drives: JB 335i-M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.50]
I just installed mine today, will follow up with review once shes broken in!!

Attached Images

04-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #28
doughboy
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E91 335i Sold.

I've got the Ally FW and Stage 2+ clutch with hybrid st2/3 fricton plate waiting to go on.

But I'm getting nervous, I'm hearing bad things about excessive noise with the Ally FW.... maybe I should exchange for the Steel SMFW instead??