E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 335xi auto vs. 335i manual - Plan to tune - Getting power to the ground

11-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
335BBS
Brigadier General

Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydicule View Post
I beg to differ... I actually think the auto tranny in this machine is quite incredible. In fact, after driving aroudn a 328 MT loaner for a week when I had the recall HPFP work done, I prefer the auto transmission.

I, too, used to have this attitude that I was more of a "car guy" or an "enthusiast" because I drove my 6-speed manual and I even felt some consdescension towards people who didn't know how.

But after driving this car, statements like yours make me laugh. Particularly considering how much more capable it is.
Who cares what other people think about what trans you have????? I have the steptronic and while the shifts are seamless and paddles are fun on the track, it bores me to tears. First at in 36 yrs ......next will be MT for sure.
335BBS is offline   Canada