E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > RHD RB Turbo Silicone Outlets for N54 stock frame turbos>>>

10-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
Rob@RBTurbo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 335I

RHD RB Turbo Silicone Outlets for N54 stock frame turbos>>>

As some of you may know we have had some RB High Flow Silicone Outlets (for stock frame turbos) under development for a while now, a specific RHD solution included.

Well last night we finally had a set test fitted and found they fit like a glove. This said we are looking to see what interest there is for this setup- especially considering the problems the RHD guys have with the crimped up outlets we figure this could be of great interest.

What we would like to do is gauge interest on them and bring it to the attention of you guys- please chime in if you have interest on them. If there is a larger demand we also may work out a Group Buy on them as well.

Install pictures are located here:
https://goo.gl/photos/PfU7jnMcNmYs7jiPA

These will work with all turbos including OEM, RB (all aside EVO), Pure, Hexon, TD, ASR, VTT (GC will require a longer tail at turbo side which will be available with new order), etc.

It is worth noting that these will not work with TFT inlets that are converted to RHD using the Carbon Fiber elbow that passes behind the steering column, as this path is the same path the outlets utilize. We would recommend using a OEM routed High Flow Silicone solution, such as our RB High Flow Silicone Inlets.

Thanks,
Rob
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
As some of you may know we have had some RB High Flow Silicone Outlets (for stock frame turbos) under development for a while now, a specific RHD solution included.

Well last night we finally had a set test fitted and found they fit like a glove. This said we are looking to see what interest there is for this setup- especially considering the problems the RHD guys have with the crimped up outlets we figure this could be of great interest.

What we would like to do is gauge interest on them and bring it to the attention of you guys- please chime in if you have interest on them. If there is a larger demand we also may work out a Group Buy on them as well.

These will work with all turbos including OEM, RB (all aside EVO), Pure, Hexon, TD, ASR, VTT (GC will require a longer tail at turbo side which will be available with new order), etc.

It is worth noting that these will not work with TFT inlets that are converted to RHD using the Carbon Fiber elbow that passes behind the steering column, as this path is the same path the outlets utilize. We would recommend using a OEM routed High Flow Silicone solution, such as our RB High Flow Silicone Inlets.

Thanks,
Rob
You would reccomend replacing TFT with your solution? Why?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
Rob@RBTurbo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashedUpBogan View Post
You would reccomend replacing TFT with your solution? Why?
The new RB Outlets occupies the same space as the RHD TFT solution (both travel behind the steering column). So this goes beyond a recommendation, it is just simply that they will not work together. So with that said my recommendation for those using the RHD TFT solution, yet looking to install these high flow outlets, is to order OEM style inlets (or any inlets that do not route behind the steering column) so that everything can physically install.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 03:18 PM   #4
JB4-335
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Looks good Rob but this section looks awfully close to the manifold. Do you know the measurement of the gap between the silicone and manifold here?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
Coupes33
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F80 BMW M3, 2006 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo View Post

Thanks,
Rob
Rob have you carried out any dyno testing to measure the power gains over the OEM outlet?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 04:42 PM   #6
Rob@RBTurbo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4-335 View Post
Looks good Rob but this section looks awfully close to the manifold. Do you know the measurement of the gap between the silicone and manifold here?
The distance was around 15mm (on our in-house install) and could be made closer to 20+mm with some effort in precise or more extensive trimming/install efforts. So compared to some of the other products out there that have been shipped around the globe for many months now which range from 0mm standard to 9mm (with extensive efforts) this is quite an improvement. Ultimately it is not going to be possible to place a lot of distance between the two components due to layout and design of the front turbo, period. We do offer a SS304 manifold heat shield at an extra cost, this RHD test fitter did however opt out of that option. As usual the more protection and heat barrier is ultimately better than the lesser, so any additional heat wraps or slip fit materials are a bonus. But the clearance there is quite good considering the limited space, we put as much thought as physically possible into the product to keep it as far away as it could be when designing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
Rob have you carried out any dyno testing to measure the power gains over the OEM outlet?
We have not performed in house dyno testing and from what I've seen there has been very little data provided for ANY outlet upgrades (or modifications) for the many years they have been being sold/offered/etc for either LHD OR RHD cars. I will say that for especially any RHD enthusiast, you should know what you have lying under your hood and it is not pretty- to think it is "good" for the turbo to try to squeeze 250+whp (of airflow) through that rear turbo OEM pipe is not of the mindset of having any concern for the turbos longevity. I will also say that these units are extremely free flowing, have the best merger out there, and actually TRULY fit RHD cars (unlike any other who has said their's do "with little effort" and do not with a LOT of effort).

At the end of the day IMO this is a no brainer for RHD guys concerned about their turbos efficiency and longevity, there is no other substitute available that even remotely compares to this offering. The pictures should be very telling in this regard.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-26-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #7
bmwheath
11 second stock turbo club. 11.6@120mph
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Great work Rob, looks like great fitment to me!
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #8
Armadyllo
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Certainly interested Rob

Would you think about a discounted package on inlets and outlets ?

Interested in a group buy, I need to do this upgrade soon

Dyll
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #9
Mpowerrr
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Definitely interested.
Have gone through 2 outlets already going on the third.
Hopefully, RB will be my last stop.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 01:52 AM   #10
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i 09' DCT M-Sport

Can go with these as I have the TFT's, however, was always interested to know if your heat shield would play nicely...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:41 AM   #11
vtl
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Surely people who are concerned for the turbos efficiency and longevity would also be concerned with a silicone inlet too close to the manifold melting?

Last edited by vtl; 10-27-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:51 AM   #12
Digitalism
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpowerrr View Post
Definitely interested.
Have gone through 2 outlets already going on the third.
Hopefully, RB will be my last stop.
Are you right hand drive RHD @Mpowerrr
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 06:02 AM   #13
titium
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

seems like a huge amount of effort swapping out the tft's for something where the gains are unproven....

you say is crazy to flow 250hp of air through the stock outlets. is this just your opinion or have you got data to back this up?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 06:49 AM   #14
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i 09' DCT M-Sport

These are outlets guys, the TFT's are inlets.

TFT's are being mentioned because these route the in the same path (for RHD).
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #15
Rob@RBTurbo
Rep

Ha. For years now we have read about the RHD guys complaining about their poorly designed (from a flow perspective) turbo outlet pipe. Many threads, many complaints, many attempted modifications, etc. Actually I shouldn't say it was designed this way, it was more of an afterthought to make the pipe fit around the steering shaft (theorized to meet some build compliance)- by smashing the already undersized pipe to about 50% of its pre-existing cross-sectional capacity. We then go through much troubles to make one that no doubt flows without restriction and utmost efficiency, and then suddenly the OEM RHD pipe is glorious and we must prove that it is not and by precisely how much.

Anyway we are not here to force the product on anyone, nor argue any engine/turbo/fluid dynamics theory basics, but just to show we have a High Flow unrestricted RHD pipe FINALLY available. This and actually be the first to show pictures of how extremely well it did fit, first try, by and end user in approx. 90 minutes; without a single question. Ultimately this thread primarily was to gauge interest in the market- as we will be ordering a RB High Flow outlet silicone batch in less than 10 days, that takes approx another 30 days to arrive, and we did not want to order an amount that was lacking as we anticipated some RHD market excitement.

We will let the thread go for another few days but it seems like there will not be much interest in it now and that gives me what I need for the upcoming order.

Will start a list of those interested here:
1) Armadyllo
2) Mpowerrr
3)
4)
5)

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-27-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #16
russjonesr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i

Definitely interested Rob
Jb4 with Trebila BEF,vargas stage 1 turbos, vrsf dp's, vrsf cp with tial bov, vrfs 7" fmic, RB Inlets, bms meth kit, BMS DCI, miltek cat back, bms occ,3.5 tmap, ngk 5992 plugs, koni shocks eibach springs, brembo discs and street race pads.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #17
Rob@RBTurbo
Rep

List of those interested here:
1) Armadyllo
2) Mpowerrr
3) russjonesr
4)
5)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #18
JB4-335
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

What is the approximate cost of these Rob?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #19
Cal1415
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i

Very interested! Do you know the price roughly?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #20
totti84
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Garage List
Count me in pending price
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 08:28 PM   #21
Rob@RBTurbo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4-335 View Post
What is the approximate cost of these Rob?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1415 View Post
Very interested! Do you know the price roughly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by totti84 View Post
Count me in pending price
RB N54 High Flow Outlet MSRP is $249. This includes the 2 piece outlet, clamps, and 3 custom CNC adapters (anodized black). All top notch no expense spared hardware, and is customizable for any known Intercooler style without excess connections. OEM style circlip adapter, 2.5" to 2.75" universal adapter, and 2.5" to 3" universal adapter; all available at an extra cost (these are all custom CNC and anodized as well). Each order needs to identify their IC selection at time of ordering so that we can tailer the hardware to your specific needs.

There is a SS304 Heat shield option as well along with a Custom RB CNC Wastegate solenoid bracket anodized black, this is at $100 extra (with purchase of the outlet) but we are not even 100% of fitment on RHD at this time due to the steering shaft.

Pending on quantity of purchasers here- we could do a bit better- but we are no where near that point at the moment. To those who want added (or removed) from the list please let me know asap.

Thanks,
Rob
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #22
physicxz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Put me down for a set
2007 E92 335i Sapphire Black | M-Sport | MHD Stage 2+ | ER Chargepipe - Tial BOV | HKS Exhaust | VRSF Catless DP | Wagner Stage 2 FMIC | aFi Stage 2 DCI | CF Front Lip | CF Rear Diffuser | VMR718 Bronze w/ AD08R's | Soon to be fitted: VRSF SS inlets + RB Silicone Outlets
Appreciate 0