E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Going to Vegas for the 1st time - Any Advice?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
K19BMW
Second Lieutenant
K19BMW's Avatar
8
Rep
274
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Enfield, CT.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Going to Vegas for the 1st time - Any Advice?

So I am going to Las Vegas in less than two weeks for a mini vacation (4 days/nights) and was just wondering what some of the best things to do there are (besides the obvious shows/gambling) or if anyone knows of any hidden gems in the city because it's my first time there.

I don't have a lot of time there so obviously anything that takes a whole day to get to (like a national park) is out of the question.

Just for reference, I am 23 and I enjoy shooting craps.

Thanks guys
__________________
2008 335xi Sedan in Monaco Blue/Beige Dakota Leather/Cold Weather/Premium Package/ Navigation/ Logic7

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched m3 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
82
Rep
1,677
Posts

Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crisp, Baconia

iTrader: (1)

You mean besides hookers and blow?
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #3
NickyC
Captain
36
Rep
836
Posts

Drives: Something German.
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (7)

Don't gamble.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
David1
Colonel
David1's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,710
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 09 X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City With No Room For Ludicris Speed!

iTrader: (0)

Be safe
__________________
09 335i Coupe LBM - Black Dakota/Glacier aluminum-6spd|Nav|M-Sport|Premium|Logic7|Heated Seats|CA|BMW Performance Suspension & M3 Control Arms|M3 lip spoiler|Avant Garde M510 Wheels
07 335 coupe - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #5
Whostheboss
Captain
Whostheboss's Avatar
63
Rep
808
Posts

Drives: a 9incher
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut U.S.

iTrader: (0)

Why now? I'm going during the big Mayweather vs. Pac fight. It should be a fun ass weekend.
__________________
WHO'S THE BOSS
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #6
P1et
Brigadier General
P1et's Avatar
119
Rep
3,643
Posts

Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

If it's your first time in Vegas, you shouldn't be concerned with "hidden gems". The city has a lot to offer and four days a LONG time to be there, so your anxiety will be through the ROOF towards the end.

Where are you staying?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #7
808@702
7th BMW, 500th Surfboard
808@702's Avatar
73
Rep
1,105
Posts

Drives: My girlfriends crazy!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nv. and Honolulu, Hi.

iTrader: (0)

Go to the Cosmopolitan Casino
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #8
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
109
Rep
5,279
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Four days in Vegas is like a month anywhere else.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 05:26 PM   #9
P1et
Brigadier General
P1et's Avatar
119
Rep
3,643
Posts

Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Four days in Vegas is like a month anywhere else.
Truer words have never been spoken...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #10
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Don't gamble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Four days in Vegas is like a month anywhere else.
i would HIGHLY recommend you bring a set amount of money with you so that if you lose it you won't have any more to play with sending you into a downward spiral. just a suggestion. 4 days is like a month there. good luck you will need it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #11
K19BMW
Second Lieutenant
K19BMW's Avatar
8
Rep
274
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Enfield, CT.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Don't gamble.
Well I want to play craps so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Make sure she doesn't have a penis.
How do you know I am not into that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Why now? I'm going during the big Mayweather vs. Pac fight. It should be a fun ass weekend.
This is my only time to go. Once I get back it will be nonstop CPA studying until the end of May and then looking for a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
If it's your first time in Vegas, you shouldn't be concerned with "hidden gems". The city has a lot to offer and four days a LONG time to be there, so your anxiety will be through the ROOF towards the end.

Where are you staying?
I'm staying at the Luxor. Middle class hotel but I don't plan on spending a lot of time in my room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
i would HIGHLY recommend you bring a set amount of money with you so that if you lose it you won't have any more to play with sending you into a downward spiral. just a suggestion. 4 days is like a month there. good luck you will need it.
Ya I am all set in that department. I live about 1.5 hours away from Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun (2 of the biggest casinos in the world) so gambling isn't new to me. I appreciate the advice though!
__________________
2008 335xi Sedan in Monaco Blue/Beige Dakota Leather/Cold Weather/Premium Package/ Navigation/ Logic7

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched m3 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #12
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
2,522
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Exotics racing, about 20 mins north of the strip. Kinda pricey, but some of the most fun I've ever had in Vegas. Pick the inside road track if you have a choice. All I drove was the 911, but for the road course it was the best choice, IMHO. If you are in the morning group you get to see/touch/sit in all the cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #13
K19BMW
Second Lieutenant
K19BMW's Avatar
8
Rep
274
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Enfield, CT.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Exotics racing, about 20 mins north of the strip. Kinda pricey, but some of the most fun I've ever had in Vegas. Pick the inside road track if you have a choice. All I drove was the 911, but for the road course it was the best choice, IMHO. If you are in the morning group you get to see/touch/sit in all the cars.
Thank you! Thats the kind of thing i was asking about.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 09:47 AM   #14
Joekerr
Second Lieutenant
52
Rep
315
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Zipline tour in the desert wasn't bad (wouldn't call it a gem, but it was good). And it won't be over 100 degrees like it was when I went which I think soured it a little for me...there is a little walk up a small hill which nearly killed me in that heat.

Other than that, DON'T go to Gordon Ramsey's pub in Ceasar's - it's terrible. I made the mistake of going thinking it might have good food. Terrible service to boot too. Only good thing was this craft beer they had there (really expensive, but really good - can't remember the name unfortunately, feel like it had something to do with the devil or Halloween on the bottle or the name). The beer was really good. Perhaps because even they couldn't ruin something in a bottle, I don't know.

Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #15
P1et
Brigadier General
P1et's Avatar
119
Rep
3,643
Posts

Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Zipline tour in the desert wasn't bad (wouldn't call it a gem, but it was good). And it won't be over 100 degrees like it was when I went which I think soured it a little for me...there is a little walk up a small hill which nearly killed me in that heat.

Other than that, DON'T go to Gordon Ramsey's pub in Ceasar's - it's terrible. I made the mistake of going thinking it might have good food. Terrible service to boot too. Only good thing was this craft beer they had there (really expensive, but really good - can't remember the name unfortunately, feel like it had something to do with the devil or Halloween on the bottle or the name). The beer was really good. Perhaps because even they couldn't ruin something in a bottle, I don't know.

Have fun!
I think that service at *ANY* restaurant in Vegas is terrible. I've had some decent food, but nothing to write home about. Waiters often deal with you on a very robot-like basis. Everything is scripted and drilled into their heads, with zero emotion. I hate it. And my biggest pet peeve has to be the electronic "iPad" menus. I tell them to F OFF and get me a real menu every single time.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #16
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
139
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: F01 ~ Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (Plano, TX)

iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
So I am going to Las Vegas in less than two weeks for a mini vacation (4 days/nights) and was just wondering what some of the best things to do there are (besides the obvious shows/gambling) or if anyone knows of any hidden gems in the city because it's my first time there.

I don't have a lot of time there so obviously anything that takes a whole day to get to (like a national park) is out of the question.

Just for reference, I am 23 and I enjoy shooting craps.

Thanks guys

Leave your wallet at home and take only the amount of cash you can comfortably lose.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/IFuWfHe.jpg
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:08 AM   #17
davis449
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Go do the zip line over downtown in Old Vegas. Ethel M's chocolate factory is worth seeing. Seeing Wynn's Ferrari's was pretty cool. Go to the Hoover Dam (as touristy as that sounds), it's totally worth it. Offload those old pics on your phone to clear out the space and snap as many as you can while you're there in Vegas. Tour the hotels and see their casinos. They really do go all out creating those places, so touring them is worth it just to see the shear craziness of it all. The Venetian's canal is fucking cool (especially at 2:00 AM when you walk in there and it looks and feels like the middle of the day all of the sudden). The Bellagio is amazing. You will be shocked at the shear size of Caesar's and how many buildings are actually there on that property. Go check out City Center. The Aria is something else. Not as big as you'd imagine, but VERY nice.

Quote:
Four days in Vegas is like a month anywhere else
.

This is SO true...
__________________
2012 BMW 135i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #18
bkM3
Lieutenant
11
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (1)

slip the person at the check in desk a $20 bill in between your credit card and drivers license and politely ask if there are any upgrades available. tried it at the Venetian and got upgraded to the palazzo suites and free passes to lavo and tao
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #19
Nkc
NOOB
Nkc's Avatar
39
Rep
748
Posts

Drives: Cars
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver/Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

The best advice I can give about Vegas is that the pictures of any women you receive will never correspond with what shows up.

Save your time money and just hit up Rhinos or go a bit off strip for midgets and stuff, whatever floats your boat.
__________________
E89 Z4-35i DCT --- E36-Z3 M-Roadster --- E82-1M
Current BMW's
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #20
davis449
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
The best advice I can give about Vegas is that the pictures of any women you receive will never correspond with what shows up.

Save your time money and just hit up Rhinos or go a bit off strip for midgets and stuff, whatever floats your boat.
My only regret in the three years in a row I went was not doing that.
__________________
2012 BMW 135i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #21
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
slip the person at the check in desk a $20 bill in between your credit card and drivers license and politely ask if there are any upgrades available. tried it at the Venetian and got upgraded to the palazzo suites and free passes to lavo and tao
i've done this twice. i won't complain for $20 but the perks weren't that good. it might due to timing like how busy of a weekend it is etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #22
P1et
Brigadier General
P1et's Avatar
119
Rep
3,643
Posts

Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
My only regret in the three years in a row I went was not doing that.
Do you enjoy being harassed all evening long? Then Spearmint Rhino is a great place for you!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST