E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 LCI M3 OEM Rear Spoiler



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
e90Alpine
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: L.A.

iTrader: (0)

E90 LCI M3 OEM Rear Spoiler

Hey All,

I am pretty new to the BMW family. Have my 2009 335i for about a month and want to pick up the M3 OEM lip rear spoiler but wanted to make sure I am looking at the right product. Here is the one I found.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

Any recommendations where I can find it cheaper or a better deal. I would like to purchase it painted.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
2ndname
Autobot
2ndname's Avatar
4
Rep
454
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Auto~NO~Go
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East Bay

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
There's a lot of people here that purchased the eBay spoiler from emotors2000. He sells the E90 M3 rep spoiler PAINTED and shipped for dirt cheap, like $70 or something crazy.

Below is a link for the 381 Lemans Blue Met. Just browse his store for one that matches your color and model (Coupe/Sedan).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINT-BMW-E9...item337ba13f0b
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
cssnms's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
3,180
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

iTrader: (4)

Here is where I got my pre-painted AW M3 lip spoiler. Paint and fitment is spot on. PM the vendor for pricing shipped to you zip.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360416
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
2ndname
Autobot
2ndname's Avatar
4
Rep
454
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Auto~NO~Go
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East Bay

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Bleh, I rather bet my money on the eBay guy. I bought my splitters from E92-Lighting and it took a month...maybe it was just a fluke but whatever.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
DC_Oldboy's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
5,299
Posts

 
Drives: like an old person.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bothell, WA

iTrader: (39)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.11]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndname View Post
There's a lot of people here that purchased the eBay spoiler from emotors2000. He sells the E90 M3 rep spoiler PAINTED and shipped for dirt cheap, like $70 or something crazy.

Below is a link for the 381 Lemans Blue Met. Just browse his store for one that matches your color and model (Coupe/Sedan).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINT-BMW-E9...item337ba13f0b
^ What he said. I just bought one through them. Paint and quality is great. It took about 2 weeks to arrive. For $60'ish you can't beat it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Spydeputy's Avatar
Germany
49
Rep
3,210
Posts

 
Drives: 2012,E92,335is/2008,E90,335xi
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Harford County, Maryland

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
2012 335is  [1.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Spydeputy
I went OEM, and never looked back. That's just me.
__________________
2012, E92, 335is, Space Metal Gray, DINAN Stage 2, Helix FMIC, M Sport Pkg, Dbl Spoke 313 Wheels, Gray & Blk Leather, Conv. Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Prem Pkg, 7 Sp DCT, Navigation, Satellite / Harman Kardon Radio.
BMW CCA Member
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
e90Alpine
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: L.A.

iTrader: (0)

thanks guys...for $60 you can't go wrong...its too much cheaper than OEM and such a small piece that its hard to justify to go OEM.

I havent been able to find an AW color though at this guy ebay store.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
Wrngway
Lieutenant
Wrngway's Avatar
7
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan A6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: D.C. Metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Alpine
thanks guys...for $60 you can't go wrong...its too much cheaper than OEM and such a small piece that its hard to justify to go OEM.

I havent been able to find an AW color though at this guy ebay store.
I bought the ebay spoiler and don't regret it one bit. Paint match is spot on and install couldn't be easier. Just don't use the surface pre treater. It may leave etching in the surface if you ever want to remove it.
After 4 months it looks just like it did when I put it on. I've gotten a few compliments on it too!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #9
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
DC_Oldboy's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
5,299
Posts

 
Drives: like an old person.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bothell, WA

iTrader: (39)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.11]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Alpine View Post
thanks guys...for $60 you can't go wrong...its too much cheaper than OEM and such a small piece that its hard to justify to go OEM.

I havent been able to find an AW color though at this guy ebay store.
Here's a link where you can get it it painted to your color. Just give them your paint code on the seller's note and you're all set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINT-BMW-E9...item4abb5fd657
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #10
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
59
Rep
4,693
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndname View Post
There's a lot of people here that purchased the eBay spoiler from emotors2000. He sells the E90 M3 rep spoiler PAINTED and shipped for dirt cheap, like $70 or something crazy.

Below is a link for the 381 Lemans Blue Met. Just browse his store for one that matches your color and model (Coupe/Sedan).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINT-BMW-E9...item337ba13f0b
You have a link for that guy to do that on a performance spoiler?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #11
e90Alpine
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: L.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
I bought the ebay spoiler and don't regret it one bit. Paint match is spot on and install couldn't be easier. Just don't use the surface pre treater. It may leave etching in the surface if you ever want to remove it.
After 4 months it looks just like it did when I put it on. I've gotten a few compliments on it too!

Are you able to send me link for an AW? I was unable to find it.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
Wrngway
Lieutenant
Wrngway's Avatar
7
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan A6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: D.C. Metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Alpine View Post
Are you able to send me link for an AW? I was unable to find it.
When I bought mine they listed several colors that were available under a single auction. That said, my color, blue water metallic, wasn't listed. I sent a message asking if they could match it. The seller said it wasn't a problem and just asked that I specify the paint code and color in my purchase.

You should probably just ask the seller if you can't find it in the store. I bought mine through emotors2000 as well.

P.S. Here's a link to the sedan M3 spoiler that lists multiple colors. I believe the sedan and coupe versions are slightly different. Make sure you get the right one. It looks like they state that white and red may be off a bit. The color on the car will change as it's exposed to the sun and elements.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINT-BMW-E9...item4abb5fd657

Last edited by Wrngway; 09-11-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
e90Alpine
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: L.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
When I bought mine they listed several colors that were available under a single auction. That said, my color, blue water metallic, wasn't listed. I sent a message asking if they could match it. The seller said it wasn't a problem and just asked that I specify the paint code and color in my purchase.

You should probably just ask the seller if you can't find it in the store. I bought mine through emotors2000 as well.

P.S. Here's a link to the sedan M3 spoiler that lists multiple colors. I believe the sedan and coupe versions are slightly different. Make sure you get the right one. It looks like they state that white and red may be off a bit. The color on the car will change as it's exposed to the sun and elements.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINT-BMW-E9...item4abb5fd657
Thanks for the reply. I am suprised that they are saying White would be a little off. Not sure if I want to chance it. Anywhere else to get one cheaper than OEM. What about e92lighting.com?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
Wrngway
Lieutenant
Wrngway's Avatar
7
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan A6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: D.C. Metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Alpine View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am suprised that they are saying White would be a little off. Not sure if I want to chance it. Anywhere else to get one cheaper than OEM. What about e92lighting.com?
I'm guessing that any spoiler painted to the factory color for white would have that problem. To be sure you'd have to get a paint shop to match the color on your car.

If it were me, I'd try it for $60. A paint job on a primered spoiler would likely cost more than that.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST