E90Post

E92-lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Washer pump not working. Any ideas?

12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #23
scottydog1979

Drives: bmw 320d e90

The pump itself was quite easy to fit, to be honest the hardest part was removing and re fitting the inner arch. Make sure you have a small bucket to hand ready to catch any liquid that is in the washer bottle when you remove the old pump as it runs out quite quickly, apart from that it was all good. After market pump only cost me 15.00 too so cheap fix also.
scottydog1979 is offline   England
      12-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #24
PhasedNeutron
Private First Class

Drives: M36 Jackson

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [4.50]
My washers stopped working on my old E90, but they were just heavily clogged up. Stuck a pressure washer in the filler neck and out came a swamp of all kinds of what looked like plants?! Anyway hope you all get it sorted
PhasedNeutron is offline   United Kingdom
      02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #25
DarkEnigma
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 320

FIXED Bought a new pump - wasn't sure if it had broken or not but figured by the time I have the wheel off, arch liner and access to pump I might as well have one to hand if it was faulty.

Turned out, the pump was a funny colour in certain places... it was definitely not functioning properly... anyway, fitted new pump as per below and worked perfectly again. New pump on left, old on the right - reservoir draining in the background

DarkEnigma is offline   United Kingdom
      02-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #26
coopersim
Captain

Drives: VW Lupo

Ah the satisfaction of a job well done
coopersim is offline   United Kingdom
      02-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #27
rsmallwo
Captain

Drives: 335d

if you guys want it to stop blocking up again after cleaning it out/replacing parts then u need to use the bmw screenwash. you can get a 20 litre load for 40quid ish. You might be able to get away with using stuff that works down to -46C when undiluted. Think aldi do a 5L bottle for 6 quid.

If you search this subject u will find what I say been backed up. I used to have this issue on my 130i for 3 yrs. Once I changed to ethanol/alcohol based stuff the issue never reappeared. Also, it works...no more frozen screenwash! (when diluted as required)