E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > No Power on Radio: Help



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
90SLOWE
Private
 
Drives: E90 330i MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dublin, CA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
No Power on Radio: Help

I turned on my car yesterday and I have no power on my radio. I do get the sound warning for the passenger seatbelt / open doors.. etc so the spearkers work but I have no power on the radio/cd player console. The display on the console also does not work. I tried all other electronics including the AC and AC display, they all work fine.

I read a couple other posts about this problem but could not find a solution. Please help.

2006 E90 330i, no iDrive
Attached Images
 
90SLOWE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Benjiboy
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90 2007
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Fix?

Hi,

Did you fix this problem? I got the same...
Benjiboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
ctuna
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca

Posts: 3,981
iTrader: (0)

FYI

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...AV5DNDYaEl0b8Q

Check to see if your battery is OK especially if you have and 06 or 07

Read the article above for info on how the electrical system and ibs works.
ctuna is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
90SLOWE
Private
 
Drives: E90 330i MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dublin, CA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Problem Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiboy View Post
Hi,

Did you fix this problem? I got the same...
Yes the problem was fixed, I disconnected the battery, waited for about 1min and reconnected it. That solved the problem
90SLOWE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
JimVR4
Second Lieutenant
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 328i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
Yes the problem was fixed, I disconnected the battery, waited for about 1min and reconnected it. That solved the problem
I've been fighting this since early this year.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642881

I don't consider disconnecting the battery as a fix. Have you found a permanent solution?
__________________
2009 E90 328i ///M-Sport / Blue Water Metallic / Oyster/Black Dakota / PP / 6MT / 194M / Comfort / iPod+USB w/ProClip charging dash mount / $494 /
1995 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
90SLOWE
Private
 
Drives: E90 330i MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dublin, CA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post
I've been fighting this since early this year.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642881

I don't consider disconnecting the battery as a fix. Have you found a permanent solution?
I actually ran across your post when I was searching for a solution for mine. However, mine was different because for the time it went off, it never came back on. I checked the fuses, tried disconnecting the radio, but it did not come back on. However, disconnecting the battery did work for me and fixed my problem. It has worked perfectly since then.

Have you checked your fuse? One of mine was placed wrong too which I corrected. Maybe that was what initially caused the problem

Last edited by 90SLOWE; 09-19-2012 at 12:02 AM.
90SLOWE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
JimVR4
Second Lieutenant
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 328i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
Have you checked your fuse? One of mine was placed wrong too which I corrected. Maybe that was what initially caused the problem
When you say your fuse was placed wrong what do you mean? Wrong value? Or not seated correctly?

I still see this issue recurring and I somehow doubt it's a fuse since resetting the radio by disconnecting / reconnecting the battery always works for me.

My sense is that it is a turn on voltage transient issue and could be either the radio or the battery. I suspect the radio since my car is a 2009 and the battery should have another couple of good years.
__________________
2009 E90 328i ///M-Sport / Blue Water Metallic / Oyster/Black Dakota / PP / 6MT / 194M / Comfort / iPod+USB w/ProClip charging dash mount / $494 /
1995 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
90SLOWE
Private
 
Drives: E90 330i MT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dublin, CA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post
When you say your fuse was placed wrong what do you mean? Wrong value? Or not seated correctly?

I still see this issue recurring and I somehow doubt it's a fuse since resetting the radio by disconnecting / reconnecting the battery always works for me.

My sense is that it is a turn on voltage transient issue and could be either the radio or the battery. I suspect the radio since my car is a 2009 and the battery should have another couple of good years.
It was a wrong value (30 instead of 20 on slot 31).. i'm only guessing that could have caused it on mine. I do not have any technical knowledge of the electronics in the car
90SLOWE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST