E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > What can I do to my E91 awd xi wagon?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-02-2015, 12:09 AM   #1
shutterbug67
Private
1
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 325xi Wagon
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Athens Georgia

iTrader: (0)

What can I do to my E91 awd xi wagon?

Just recently got a 2006 e91 325xi wagon and been reading about mods, upgrades and tunes.... and I have to say I am totally overwhelmed and confused. I would like to upgrade the performance of my wagon. It has the N52 engine. Just wondering what mods/tunes I could do that significantly improve the cars performance. I would like to do the Turner manifold and computer tune to boost it up to a 330, but man it is expensive! Close to $2000... ugh
Are there things I can do that are not so pricey?
I have already dumped over $2k in cosmetic (wheels/tires/halo headlights) and stereo upgrades and don't want to put so much money into it, that I will never get back out of it if I ever decide to sell it... however I would like to explore what can be done on the cheap?
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2015, 01:59 AM   #2
SDemetris
FSAE Dude
10
Rep
509
Posts

Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

Get the manifold from a jumk yard. Even if they dont have one, theyll order it. Part number on real oem. I payed 230 for mine
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
shutterbug67
Private
1
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 325xi Wagon
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Athens Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDemetris View Post
Get the manifold from a jumk yard. Even if they dont have one, theyll order it. Part number on real oem. I payed 230 for mine
Any idea on the part number or what do I ask for? a 330 manifold?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
SDemetris
FSAE Dude
10
Rep
509
Posts

Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

330i or from a sulev car.. go on realoem.com and look for the 330i one.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #5
Mike.
Formerly Emozoo
Mike.'s Avatar
76
Rep
1,002
Posts

Drives: 2010 328xi premium package
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eastern Long Island

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 328 xi  [0.00]
-get the manifold used on here
-get the aa tune

youre done.

if you want more oomph-> get the AA headers too, and get the stage 3 tune

that's it
__________________
|2010 328xi|Engine|AA Headers|3 Stage Manifold|AA Offroad +3 Stage Tune|Performance Exhaust|RM Silicone Intake Boot|Ram Air Intake+charcoal delete+Scoops|Suspension|ZSP i Springs|m3/z4 Bump stops|12mm front 15 mm back Spacers|Michelin Sports A3|
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 12:36 AM   #6
hassmaschine
Captain
55
Rep
700
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i 6sp w/ sport package
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: earth

iTrader: (0)

I'd do the 3 stage and tune. I have the same car in a 6mt, it's a lot slower than the 330i. Its ok because my wife drives it.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
shutterbug67
Private
1
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 325xi Wagon
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Athens Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
I'd do the 3 stage and tune. I have the same car in a 6mt, it's a lot slower than the 330i. Its ok because my wife drives it.
Mine is a 6MT also... fairly pleased with the power of it in the stock status it is now. So, as I said earlier, not wanting to dump a whole lot of money into it, otherwise I probably should have gotten a different car/bmw. Was actually looking for a e39 wagon and this was traded in at the dealership. Much more pleasing to drive than the 2006 Outback I have been driving the past 4 years.

Anyways, may I ask what the stage 3 is and where do I get it? and is this in addition to the 330 manifold addition and tune?

btw... looking on ebay, the forum here and others. How do I know which manifold it is I am looking for? Would I search for a N52 330i manifold?

Thanks for all the help guys

Last edited by shutterbug67; 02-03-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #8
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
168
Rep
3,883
Posts


Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Header, oem intake mod,3 stage manifold, Exhaust and our software.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #9
hassmaschine
Captain
55
Rep
700
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i 6sp w/ sport package
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug67 View Post
Mine is a 6MT also... fairly pleased with the power of it in the stock status it is now. So, as I said earlier, not wanting to dump a whole lot of money into it, otherwise I probably should have gotten a different car/bmw. Was actually looking for a e39 wagon and this was traded in at the dealership. Much more pleasing to drive than the 2006 Outback I have been driving the past 4 years.

Anyways, may I ask what the stage 3 is and where do I get it? and is this in addition to the 330 manifold addition and tune?

btw... looking on ebay, the forum here and others. How do I know which manifold it is I am looking for? Would I search for a N52 330i manifold?

Thanks for all the help guys
the 3 stage is the 330 manifold.

headers would make a good difference, but if you don't want to spend a ton of money I think the manifold/tune is the best place to start.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #10
krahooligan
Lieutenant
krahooligan's Avatar
19
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: 2008 328i e90
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: WEST COAST

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Header, oem intake mod,3 stage manifold, Exhaust and our software.
Have the 3 stage and exhaust, no tune. Want a tune and headers. Ugh.
What's the Oem intake mod?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #11
GTKrockeTT
Second Lieutenant
11
Rep
211
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (1)

charcoal filter delete.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST