E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Aux, USB, and cigarette lighter not working in center console help please!

09-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Excorcist
Private

Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Aux, USB, and cigarette lighter not working in center console help please!

Hi, So i have a 2008 335i with the top hifi system. None of the receptacles in the center console work, I bought the car this way.

From what i read the cigarette lighter is on a circuit, with the front cigarette lighter. However my front cigarette lighter works good, but the one in the console has no power. I checked fuses and they all looked good as well.

Also The USB and AUX in plug don't work. When I plug my iphone or iPod in nothing happens, and the AUX is grayed out on the idrive menu.

I opened the back of the console up to look and I don't think it had ever been off before, all of the connections looked good and tight, and nothing looked out of place.

One thing I noticed is in my trunk there is some plugs undone that look like they may have gone to something, Here is a picture:

So everything works in the car now besides these three things in the console. If anyone knows if those connections in the trunk are related to this issue let me know pleeasssee thanks a lot!
      09-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
snoozee
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 318i

the ciggie lighter should work if the front one works. check that your engine is running when testing it out.

fromt the pics, it seems you have a missing MULF/MULF2. the connectors are for the MULF which provides functionality to the USB and AUX in. seems that whoever sold you the car or previous owner removed the MULF module from the car prior to you buying it.