E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Garage?

08-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
954Stealth
Captain

Drives: Market Share

Garage?

Hey does anyone have a garage that I could use sometime in the near future to do a little work on my car? Ideally someone with some jacks. (honestly that's all I need is jacks and some space I have my own tools)
I live in a high rise in downtown Ft Lauderdale and am "stuck" with a parking garage. Building management frowns up using their property for working on your car... I guess pedestrian danger, spillage, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can help! Some car talk, six-pack, or a bit of cash are up to whoever is cool enough to say yes lol
      08-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
preezzy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 e92 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335I  [0.00]
I have a garage you can use let me know when and what time and I'll let you know If I'm available it's located in boca raton
preezzy is offline   United_States
      08-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
954Stealth
Captain

Awesome thank you
      08-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
GetSomeE92
Major

Drives: '09 Space Gray E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Hey does anyone have a garage that I could use sometime in the near future to do a little work on my car? Ideally someone with some jacks. (honestly that's all I need is jacks and some space I have my own tools)
I live in a high rise in downtown Ft Lauderdale and am "stuck" with a parking garage. Building management frowns up using their property for working on your car... I guess pedestrian danger, spillage, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can help! Some car talk, six-pack, or a bit of cash are up to whoever is cool enough to say yes lol
I feel your pain, man. I live in a condo as well and hate not being able to wash my car or work on it (outside of installing a JB4 or intake).
GetSomeE92 is offline   United_States
      08-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
954Stealth
Captain

Yeah it can be annoying. I did some wrenching around once but it was like 2am lol I figured no one would see me. Someone did see me but he ended up popping the hood on his corvette and doing his own thing lol
But yeah I can't do crap unless I - well - ask around like I did.

Maybe someone with a house/garage wants to host a shop meet some weekend? Condo and apartment people like us I'm sure would jump on that!
      08-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
GAM
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth
Yeah it can be annoying. I did some wrenching around once but it was like 2am lol I figured no one would see me. Someone did see me but he ended up popping the hood on his corvette and doing his own thing lol
But yeah I can't do crap unless I - well - ask around like I did.

Maybe someone with a house/garage wants to host a shop meet some weekend? Condo and apartment people like us I'm sure would jump on that!
Same problem with me, installed JB4 and people came to tell me I cant work on my car in the residence. I had to change an injector and did it on the parking of home depot across the road from the dealership where I bought the injector...
I'm down for a Garage meet, I need to clean my intake valves
      08-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
GetSomeE92
Major

Drives: '09 Space Gray E92

On my old Mustang GT I did a Cobra front brake upgrade in my parking spot in the building's garage. Started really early in the morning and as I was finishing up someone from security came up and said someone complained and that I couldn't do that there. Too bad I was already finishing up.
GetSomeE92 is offline   United_States
      08-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
fireline43
Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

all these problems, make me remember why I hate living in apt/condos. It really is a different breed of people living in there that care about the stupidest things. Like I was even getting to the point where I would snap off at people cause it's like they always stare at you wherever your walking.
I really enjoy the privacy of a house. even if i have to rent that.
      08-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Matts435coupe
Major

Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Coupe Msport 6MT

Quote:

Didn't stop me from plastidipping my wheels and grilles for over 5 hours lol
Matts435coupe is offline   United_States
      08-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
JupiterBMW
3 Series Family

Drives: F30 328d, E46 330i

I just finished renovating my garage, beautiful space to work on cars now. 8' of countertop/workbench, all the tools you need, and a 32" tv on the wall. If you need to come up, we could definitely make a day of it. Let me know when.

The only hitch, I'm up in Jupiter.
Link to Project Thread
JupiterBMW is offline   United_States
      08-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.

Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
I just finished renovating my garage, beautiful space to work on cars now. 8' of countertop/workbench, all the tools you need, and a 32" tv on the wall. If you need to come up, we could definitely make a day of it. Let me know when.

The only hitch, I'm up in Jupiter.
Holy shit.. It's because of people like you, I still believe there is hope for our society...
That's awesome of you to offer your garage especially after doing all that renovation.. I'm shocked... Especially living around here- palm beach county people can be complete douche fucks!! Lol.

Anyway- good stuff bro.
335coupe2007 is online now   United_States
      08-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
Holy shit.. It's because of people like you, I still believe there is hope for our society...
That's awesome of you to offer your garage especially after doing all that renovation.. I'm shocked... Especially living around here- palm beach county people can be complete douche fucks!! Lol.

Anyway- good stuff bro.
+1... Definitely a good people (JupiterBMW and preezzy) to offer your garage to a fellow member.
BoostedE90 is offline   United_States
      08-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
JupiterBMW
3 Series Family

Wow, you guys are awesome. I'm just being friendly because good people make the enthusiast community more enjoyable, and frankly, I'm still a newbie, so it makes it easier to join and feel like part of the crowd.

But anyway, enough homo love talk... The garage is available after this weekend, beer in the fridge... Please add some for use of the space... Otherwise, come up and hang out.

Oh, and one last thing. Just because I have a tv in the garage, please don't all think I'm a bagillinaire and live in a huge ass house. Its just a simple 2 car garage. Well, a kinda nice one.
Link to Project Thread

Last edited by JupiterBMW; 08-22-2012 at 08:30 PM.
      08-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
GAM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW
Wow, you guys are awesome. I'm just being friendly because good people make the enthusiast community more enjoyable, and frankly, I'm still a newbie, so it makes it easier to join and feel like part of the crowd.

But anyway, enough homo love talk... The garage is available after this weekend, beer in the fridge... Please add some for use of the space... Otherwise, come up and hang out.

Oh, and one last thing. Just because I have a tv in the garage, please don't all think I'm a bagillinaire and live in a huge ass house. Its just a simple 2 car garage. Well, a kinda nice one.
I work in Jupiter, let me know when you guys meet I'll come by, bring some beers and talk 335 btw the injector I changed because I had a misfire, was on the parking of home depot across the street from the dealership, at 7:30am, before starting work at 9am you probably know where that is
      08-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
preezzy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 e92 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Thank you Guys I try and help anyway I can and Jupiterbmw your a great guy for offering your garage as well
preezzy is offline   United_States
      08-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
JupiterBMW
3 Series Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfabry View Post
I work in Jupiter, let me know when you guys meet I'll come by, bring some beers and talk 335 btw the injector I changed because I had a misfire, was on the parking of home depot across the street from the dealership, at 7:30am, before starting work at 9am you probably know where that is
Shiiiieeet, you're real close. Where do you work in Jupiter? What's your car look like? I saw a blacked out sedan this afternoon during the work commute time at Military/Indiantown... I was turning onto Indiantown in the X3...
Link to Project Thread
      08-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #17
GAM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW
Quote:
Shiiiieeet, you're real close. Where do you work in Jupiter? What's your car look like? I saw a blacked out sedan this afternoon during the work commute time at Military/Indiantown... I was turning onto Indiantown in the X3...
Its a black e92, looks stock from outside, for now.. Indiantown, then Mapplewood and Commerce Lane, every morning around 8:45 and every afternoon around 6:30.
      08-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
954Stealth
Captain

954Stealth is online now   United_States
      08-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #19
JupiterBMW
3 Series Family

Quote:
Its a black e92, looks stock from outside, for now.. Indiantown, then Mapplewood and Commerce Lane, every morning around 8:45 and every afternoon around 6:30.
Hah, ok. I pass through there all the time heading to Home Depot. I'll keep an eye out for you..
Link to Project Thread
      08-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #20
JupiterBMW
3 Series Family

OP, did you still need some space? I know Isaac probably jacked up a lot of people's schedules, but the town of Jupiter actually escaped fairly unscathed.

Anyway, I'll be going back to work sometime shortly after Labor Day, and I'll be gone for 2 months. If you need garage space, its gotta be sometime early next week most likely... I'm off every day until I do leave though, just FYI.

Lemme know.
Link to Project Thread
      08-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
954Stealth
Captain

Hey Jon:

Glad to hear you made it through without any problems. The answer to your questions is yes; however, I won't be able to do anything until - probably - the middle of September now. I (and my family of course) are dealing with my grandmother's rapidly declining health and all the logistics that come with that. So, I don't have much spare time right now.
954Stealth is online now   United_States
      08-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
JupiterBMW
3 Series Family

Quote:
Hey Jon:

Glad to hear you made it through without any problems. The answer to your questions is yes; however, I won't be able to do anything until - probably - the middle of September now. I (and my family of course) are dealing with my grandmother's rapidly declining health and all the logistics that come with that. So, I don't have much spare time right now.
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear. I know how it goes as we did it with all of my grandparents. Its a rough road, but time will heal. God Bless and good luck with it.

As for the garage, well, its not going anywhere. Like I said though, I'm leaving for work the week after Labor Day, so most likely, I won't be able to help you out. I won't be home until mid November or so. Of course, when I am home, my garage is always open to fellow Bimmer buddies.

So, if not now, when I'm home for sure. I love having friends over for weekend hangouts/work on car days.
Link to Project Thread