E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Garage?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
406
Rep
4,077
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Garage?

Hey does anyone have a garage that I could use sometime in the near future to do a little work on my car? Ideally someone with some jacks. (honestly that's all I need is jacks and some space I have my own tools)
I live in a high rise in downtown Ft Lauderdale and am "stuck" with a parking garage. Building management frowns up using their property for working on your car... I guess pedestrian danger, spillage, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can help! Some car talk, six-pack, or a bit of cash are up to whoever is cool enough to say yes lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
preezzy
Captain
preezzy's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
608
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335I  [0.00]
I have a garage you can use let me know when and what time and I'll let you know If I'm available it's located in boca raton
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
406
Rep
4,077
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Awesome thank you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
GetSomeE92
Major
United_States
14
Rep
1,166
Posts

Drives: '09 Space Gray E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Hey does anyone have a garage that I could use sometime in the near future to do a little work on my car? Ideally someone with some jacks. (honestly that's all I need is jacks and some space I have my own tools)
I live in a high rise in downtown Ft Lauderdale and am "stuck" with a parking garage. Building management frowns up using their property for working on your car... I guess pedestrian danger, spillage, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can help! Some car talk, six-pack, or a bit of cash are up to whoever is cool enough to say yes lol
I feel your pain, man. I live in a condo as well and hate not being able to wash my car or work on it (outside of installing a JB4 or intake).
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
406
Rep
4,077
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Yeah it can be annoying. I did some wrenching around once but it was like 2am lol I figured no one would see me. Someone did see me but he ended up popping the hood on his corvette and doing his own thing lol
But yeah I can't do crap unless I - well - ask around like I did.

Maybe someone with a house/garage wants to host a shop meet some weekend? Condo and apartment people like us I'm sure would jump on that!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
GAM
Lieutenant
GAM's Avatar
9
Rep
466
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Palm Beach

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth
Yeah it can be annoying. I did some wrenching around once but it was like 2am lol I figured no one would see me. Someone did see me but he ended up popping the hood on his corvette and doing his own thing lol
But yeah I can't do crap unless I - well - ask around like I did.

Maybe someone with a house/garage wants to host a shop meet some weekend? Condo and apartment people like us I'm sure would jump on that!
Same problem with me, installed JB4 and people came to tell me I cant work on my car in the residence. I had to change an injector and did it on the parking of home depot across the road from the dealership where I bought the injector...
I'm down for a Garage meet, I need to clean my intake valves
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
GetSomeE92
Major
United_States
14
Rep
1,166
Posts

Drives: '09 Space Gray E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (7)

On my old Mustang GT I did a Cobra front brake upgrade in my parking spot in the building's garage. Started really early in the morning and as I was finishing up someone from security came up and said someone complained and that I couldn't do that there. Too bad I was already finishing up.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
fireline43
Lieutenant
9
Rep
497
Posts

Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

all these problems, make me remember why I hate living in apt/condos. It really is a different breed of people living in there that care about the stupidest things. Like I was even getting to the point where I would snap off at people cause it's like they always stare at you wherever your walking.
I really enjoy the privacy of a house. even if i have to rent that.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
27
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Coupe Msport 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Hey does anyone have a garage that I could use sometime in the near future to do a little work on my car? Ideally someone with some jacks. (honestly that's all I need is jacks and some space I have my own tools)
I live in a high rise in downtown Ft Lauderdale and am "stuck" with a parking garage. Building management frowns up using their property for working on your car... I guess pedestrian danger, spillage, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can help! Some car talk, six-pack, or a bit of cash are up to whoever is cool enough to say yes lol
Didn't stop me from plastidipping my wheels and grilles for over 5 hours lol
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
JupiterBMW
First Lieutenant
JupiterBMW's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
379
Posts

Drives: 2010 X5 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

I just finished renovating my garage, beautiful space to work on cars now. 8' of countertop/workbench, all the tools you need, and a 32" tv on the wall. If you need to come up, we could definitely make a day of it. Let me know when.

The only hitch, I'm up in Jupiter.
__________________
Jon
2010 Silverstone Metallic X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
335coupe2007's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
1,202
Posts

Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
I just finished renovating my garage, beautiful space to work on cars now. 8' of countertop/workbench, all the tools you need, and a 32" tv on the wall. If you need to come up, we could definitely make a day of it. Let me know when.

The only hitch, I'm up in Jupiter.
Holy shit.. It's because of people like you, I still believe there is hope for our society...
That's awesome of you to offer your garage especially after doing all that renovation.. I'm shocked... Especially living around here- palm beach county people can be complete douche fucks!! Lol.

Anyway- good stuff bro.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
BoostedE90's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,683
Posts

Drives: e90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tampa/Gainesville, FL

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
Holy shit.. It's because of people like you, I still believe there is hope for our society...
That's awesome of you to offer your garage especially after doing all that renovation.. I'm shocked... Especially living around here- palm beach county people can be complete douche fucks!! Lol.

Anyway- good stuff bro.
+1... Definitely a good people (JupiterBMW and preezzy) to offer your garage to a fellow member.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
JupiterBMW
First Lieutenant
JupiterBMW's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
379
Posts

Drives: 2010 X5 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

Wow, you guys are awesome. I'm just being friendly because good people make the enthusiast community more enjoyable, and frankly, I'm still a newbie, so it makes it easier to join and feel like part of the crowd.

But anyway, enough homo love talk... The garage is available after this weekend, beer in the fridge... Please add some for use of the space... Otherwise, come up and hang out.

Oh, and one last thing. Just because I have a tv in the garage, please don't all think I'm a bagillinaire and live in a huge ass house. Its just a simple 2 car garage. Well, a kinda nice one.
__________________
Jon
2010 Silverstone Metallic X5 ///M


Last edited by JupiterBMW; 08-22-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #14
GAM
Lieutenant
GAM's Avatar
9
Rep
466
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Palm Beach

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW
Wow, you guys are awesome. I'm just being friendly because good people make the enthusiast community more enjoyable, and frankly, I'm still a newbie, so it makes it easier to join and feel like part of the crowd.

But anyway, enough homo love talk... The garage is available after this weekend, beer in the fridge... Please add some for use of the space... Otherwise, come up and hang out.

Oh, and one last thing. Just because I have a tv in the garage, please don't all think I'm a bagillinaire and live in a huge ass house. Its just a simple 2 car garage. Well, a kinda nice one.
I work in Jupiter, let me know when you guys meet I'll come by, bring some beers and talk 335 btw the injector I changed because I had a misfire, was on the parking of home depot across the street from the dealership, at 7:30am, before starting work at 9am you probably know where that is
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
preezzy
Captain
preezzy's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
608
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Thank you Guys I try and help anyway I can and Jupiterbmw your a great guy for offering your garage as well
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #16
JupiterBMW
First Lieutenant
JupiterBMW's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
379
Posts

Drives: 2010 X5 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfabry View Post
I work in Jupiter, let me know when you guys meet I'll come by, bring some beers and talk 335 btw the injector I changed because I had a misfire, was on the parking of home depot across the street from the dealership, at 7:30am, before starting work at 9am you probably know where that is
Shiiiieeet, you're real close. Where do you work in Jupiter? What's your car look like? I saw a blacked out sedan this afternoon during the work commute time at Military/Indiantown... I was turning onto Indiantown in the X3...
__________________
Jon
2010 Silverstone Metallic X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #17
GAM
Lieutenant
GAM's Avatar
9
Rep
466
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Palm Beach

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfabry View Post
I work in Jupiter, let me know when you guys meet I'll come by, bring some beers and talk 335 btw the injector I changed because I had a misfire, was on the parking of home depot across the street from the dealership, at 7:30am, before starting work at 9am you probably know where that is
Shiiiieeet, you're real close. Where do you work in Jupiter? What's your car look like? I saw a blacked out sedan this afternoon during the work commute time at Military/Indiantown... I was turning onto Indiantown in the X3...
Its a black e92, looks stock from outside, for now.. Indiantown, then Mapplewood and Commerce Lane, every morning around 8:45 and every afternoon around 6:30.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
406
Rep
4,077
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
JupiterBMW
First Lieutenant
JupiterBMW's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
379
Posts

Drives: 2010 X5 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfabry View Post
Its a black e92, looks stock from outside, for now.. Indiantown, then Mapplewood and Commerce Lane, every morning around 8:45 and every afternoon around 6:30.
Hah, ok. I pass through there all the time heading to Home Depot. I'll keep an eye out for you..
__________________
Jon
2010 Silverstone Metallic X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
JupiterBMW
First Lieutenant
JupiterBMW's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
379
Posts

Drives: 2010 X5 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

OP, did you still need some space? I know Isaac probably jacked up a lot of people's schedules, but the town of Jupiter actually escaped fairly unscathed.

Anyway, I'll be going back to work sometime shortly after Labor Day, and I'll be gone for 2 months. If you need garage space, its gotta be sometime early next week most likely... I'm off every day until I do leave though, just FYI.

Lemme know.
__________________
Jon
2010 Silverstone Metallic X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
406
Rep
4,077
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Hey Jon:

Glad to hear you made it through without any problems. The answer to your questions is yes; however, I won't be able to do anything until - probably - the middle of September now. I (and my family of course) are dealing with my grandmother's rapidly declining health and all the logistics that come with that. So, I don't have much spare time right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #22
JupiterBMW
First Lieutenant
JupiterBMW's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
379
Posts

Drives: 2010 X5 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Hey Jon:

Glad to hear you made it through without any problems. The answer to your questions is yes; however, I won't be able to do anything until - probably - the middle of September now. I (and my family of course) are dealing with my grandmother's rapidly declining health and all the logistics that come with that. So, I don't have much spare time right now.
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear. I know how it goes as we did it with all of my grandparents. Its a rough road, but time will heal. God Bless and good luck with it.

As for the garage, well, its not going anywhere. Like I said though, I'm leaving for work the week after Labor Day, so most likely, I won't be able to help you out. I won't be home until mid November or so. Of course, when I am home, my garage is always open to fellow Bimmer buddies.

So, if not now, when I'm home for sure. I love having friends over for weekend hangouts/work on car days.
__________________
Jon
2010 Silverstone Metallic X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST