E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Auto vs manual



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #23
E92Dan
Lieutenant
 
E92Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: 330d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: northampton

Posts: 519
iTrader: (0)

I had a DSG Golf GTI before my 330d,the best flappy paddle gearbox. It was ok but as I enjoy driving I missed having a propper box,its just more fun. Autos are good in start stop traffic though
E92Dan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #24
MrBen
Private
 
MrBen's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E90 LCI 325i SE
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

325i auto with the flappy paddles here. I'd spent 17 years in manuals (inc an E46 330i amongst other quick cars), but when looking for a car this time struggled to find a decent six-cylinder LCI manual in my budget, and after test driving the auto thought I'd go for a change.

7,000 miles in, I very rarely miss the manual. A lot of my driving is either around town or on the motorway, and I guess if you live in the middle of country lanes, things are different. For me, 95% of the time it's just in D or DS, and for the other 5% when I'm "giving it some", I enjoy playing the paddles. When my left leg needs a play, I go borrow a manual!
__________________

2009 E90 LCI 325i SE
MrBen is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST